South Stand

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
becbee

Re: South Stand

ETBee wrote:Blimey. If the Barrow fans are complaining about the Hive I can't imagine what they would say/have said when they visit Solihull!
They probably prefer Solihull as being a couple of hours closer than The Hive is.

To be honest, if I travelled for over 5 hours for an away match, I'd at least want a good view of the match itself - which they'll get from the away stand.
lemming3k

Like it or not and regardless of what most fans prefer, seats command higher prices. The North stand is fully seated, has fantastic views, and is brand new with very good facilities. It is in no way comparable to the South and any reasonable fan will see how blatantly obvious the difference is when they arrive.

£20 is pretty much spot on and fully comparable to other clubs pricing structures, more so considering what Barrow and many other clubs charge (both home and away) fans for low quality terracing with poor views and barely a pot to piss in.
Yes, home fans get a very good deal to see a game for £10 when you'd expect to pay £17 or so and it is a big difference, but that doesn't make the away end overpriced and the club are entitled to offer home fans a discount if they desire, it comes out of our budget after all. I'm certain we aren't the only club to ever do that and it's probably partly in response to the poor decision to increase prices at the start of the season.
Enjoy it while it lasts as when the new stand goes up we will no doubt pay the same price as away fans, and that will also be entirely correct.

If Barrow fans feel ripped off, I'd suggest a visit to Borehamwood so they can see what they get for their £20 there! Quite frankly we probably have the best priced away facilities in the league, but you can't please everyone.
hoppy

I've not seen any recent updates from the Club regarding the building of the new South Stand, so is it safe to assume that this will not be happening this close season?
I know many fans are against a new South Stand on the basis of cost, but I understand that there were plans for creating leisure facilities underneath the Stand which would provide an income from hiring out.
Does anyone know whether the plans were ever agreed by Harrow Council and, if so, whether there is a time limit on the building of it?
Mikel Bee

hoppy wrote:I've not seen any recent updates from the Club regarding the building of the new South Stand, so is it safe to assume that this will not be happening this close season?
I know many fans are against a new South Stand on the basis of cost, but I understand that there were plans for creating leisure facilities underneath the Stand which would provide an income from hiring out.
Does anyone know whether the plans were ever agreed by Harrow Council and, if so, whether there is a time limit on the building of it?
Going from what is on Harrow's website, the plans were agreed but there were some issues regarding trees and landscaping around THL which needed to be agreed by Harrow Council towards the end of 2019. The council wanted the club to hold off building the stand until changes to the landscaping details had been submitted and that's the last that seems to have happened. The club may have since been working on amending the plans but I suspect with everything going on right now it has been put on the back burner.
letchbee94

We need more fans before a new stand.
hoppy

letchbee94 wrote:We need more fans before a new stand.
Many fans will agree with you letchbee94 but I think The Hive is a bit of a vanity project for TK. He has created a decent enough stadium, but, in his mind and many others too, it is not finished.
If Mikel is right and the only planning issue is landscaping I'm sure the new South Stand will happen. Maybe not right now, but, assuming he is not constrained by a planning deadline maybe within the next 12-18 months. I don't think the lack of large numbers of fans will influence his decision. If he has budgeted for the build and is confident of making money from renting it out then it will be built.
CrawleyBee

no please don't build it! the stadium already looks sparsely populated as it is.
Formerly Watfordbee
pgbee

I think construction workers can be better utilised at this time and until this is all over. We may not even have a club in 6-12 months time depending on how things turnout...
BEEGONE

Mikel Bee wrote:
hoppy wrote:I've not seen any recent updates from the Club regarding the building of the new South Stand, so is it safe to assume that this will not be happening this close season?
Going from what is on Harrow's website, the plans were agreed but there were some issues regarding trees and landscaping around THL which needed to be agreed by Harrow Council towards the end of 2019. The council wanted the club to hold off building the stand until changes to the landscaping details had been submitted and that's the last that seems to have happened. The club may have since been working on amending the plans but I suspect with everything going on right now it has been put on the back burner.
Any views of what it will look like?

Is it all seater?
beew

Build it when we can I'd say. Then spend some more of the money on a squad that will create a winning mentality to fill it.
becbee

Even if everything was agreed there is no way that major building works could be undertaken this close season.
Besides which, the pitch is far greater a priority and I don't imagine that we'll be able to do anything about that for some time yet.
Mikel Bee

BEEGONE wrote:
Mikel Bee wrote:
Any views of what it will look like?

Is it all seater?
Plans are for it to be identical to the North Stand and the East becoming entirely terracing. While the North Stand was to be extended back to host indoor sports facilities such as badminton courts and a basketball court with spectator seating.
BEEGONE

Thanks!

Had forgotten about the terrace down the side!
b4life

With DC in charge we have the best chance we've probably ever had of making the Hive look full with or without a new South Stand. Despite all the negativity about TK I wouldn't be surprised if we came out of this current crisis a lot better off than most other clubs.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
pgbee

b4life wrote:With DC in charge we have the best chance we've probably ever had of making the Hive look full with or without a new South Stand. Despite all the negativity about TK I wouldn't be surprised if we came out of this current crisis a lot better off than most other clubs.
D.C. has of course already made the Hive full.