South Stand

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
branison

Re: South Stand

Apparently there is a National League rule something along the lines that if there is no terrace for visiting supporters the host club must not charge them more than they charge their home supporters to stand.

The adult price for the South Stand is £15. The price for the North Stand for visiting supporters is £20.

So, the Club has two options.
1. Only charge visiting fans £15.
2. Close the terracing (South Stand) for home fans.

Now, I wonder what option the Club will take.[/quote]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OB1
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

BEEGONE wrote:Away fans missing goals because of slow service to get in...

We really are a strange club!
Whenever I go to a ground where you have to buy tickets at a ticket office before going through the turnstiles I try to get there about 15 -20 mins before kick off. For some reason it always takes longer. I missed the start of a couple of matches in the past because I arrived just before kick off.
Prediction League Champion 2019/2020
Reckless

Everything takes longer at your time of life Old Timer.
John_c

branison wrote:Apparently there is a National League rule something along the lines that if there is no terrace for visiting supporters the host club must not charge them more than they charge their home supporters to stand.

The adult price for the South Stand is £15. The price for the North Stand for visiting supporters is £20.

So, the Club has two options.
1. Only charge visiting fans £15.
2. Close the terracing (South Stand) for home fans.

Now, I wonder what option the Club will take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]See previous comments for the actual rule. It apparently doesn't say that at all.

Football club in ripping off away fans shock. The fake indignation is quite funny.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
John_c

Tsk. Stop it with the being sensible stuff.
OB1 wrote:
BEEGONE wrote:Away fans missing goals because of slow service to get in...

We really are a strange club!
Whenever I go to a ground where you have to buy tickets at a ticket office before going through the turnstiles I try to get there about 15 -20 mins before kick off. For some reason it always takes longer. I missed the start of a couple of matches in the past because I arrived just before kick off.
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

rudebwoyben

They could have bought the tickets beforehand online, which would have ensured that they would have got into the ground immediately. It's really not that hard is it?
BEEGONE

Whilst fans can buy online how many other nonleague clubs do this?

It’s a mentality thing, non league fans pay cash at a turnstile. This for example would be alien for fans of top flight clubs who have probably never paid cash at a turnstile before.

I’m not sure why the club makes fans buy tickets at separate windows. What’s the advantage?
barnetpete

Reduced and only trusted staff. Find an old turnstile operator and they will have or know someone who would pocket a good few quid from cash at the turnstiles.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
John_c

BEEGONE wrote:Whilst fans can buy online how many other nonleague clubs do this?

It’s a mentality thing, non league fans pay cash at a turnstile. This for example would be alien for fans of top flight clubs who have probably never paid cash at a turnstile before.

I’m not sure why the club makes fans buy tickets at separate windows. What’s the advantage?
A decent amount of Conference clubs I suspect. This won't be anything new to Dagenham fans.

becbee

There used to be enough moans in the past at Underhill when fans were delayed getting though turnstiles when there weren't enough open, also sometimes the turnstile operators were slow and struggled to work out correct change!
eastbarnetsupporter

Every home game I go to I see a decent sized crowd queuing for tickets looking stressed as kick off looms and they inevitably miss the first 5-10 minutes.

Aside from those who decide last minute (online ticket sales stop at 2.30) or have some very specific issue that can't be done online, there is very little excuse for not buying it online beforehand and you don't even have to print the ticket off, just use your phone to scan in. It literally couldn't be easier.

I appreciate not everyone has a smartphone but they've been around for 10 years now so if you're not up to scratch by now then you can't be saved and deserve the long line at the ticket office. Sorry.

#progress
BEEGONE

barnetpete wrote:Reduced and only trusted staff. Find an old turnstile operator and they will have or know someone who would pocket a good few quid from cash at the turnstiles.
All this inconvenience because of a couple of dishonest gatemen.

Not sure this is correct.
John_c

BEEGONE wrote:
barnetpete wrote:Reduced and only trusted staff. Find an old turnstile operator and they will have or know someone who would pocket a good few quid from cash at the turnstiles.

It's commonplace at football grounds these days and was indeed introduced to cut down on "leakage".

Arrive earlier. Its not complicated.

OB1
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

John_c wrote:
BEEGONE wrote:

It's commonplace at football grounds these days and was indeed introduced to cut down on "leakage".

Arrive earlier. Its not complicated.

Even you are being sensible now. What is the world coming to??
Prediction League Champion 2019/2020
MCB

Book my tickets on the Jubilee Line on the way up and use the bar code on my phone to get in. Never failed or had a problem.

I admit there are some people for whom this is not suitable, but I bet it would similarly be a doddle for most of those queuing.