South Stand

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
To bee or not to bee

Re: South Stand

WindsorBee wrote:If they had put the season ticket price up at this stage, then I’d cancel. As it is, all the 2 for 1 offers, etc, etc, completely devalue the rationale for keeping membership going, plus our commitment never seems to be recognised properly, with reduced rewards, appalling catering service and facilities, etc

£20 to stand for National League!?! I’ve just got my terrace ticket for Fortuna Düsseldorf v Schalke in a couple of weeks. €13 for a local derby, intense Bundesliga 1 match, with tons of atmosphere?!?! And I can have a decent beer watching the game. It’s about time admission prices were put into perspective in England at all levels. And start treating supporters like grown ups.
We cancelled our season tickets and although it’s a bit more expensive even with the Hive discount in the short term, I like the fact that you can decide whether to go on the day and you go through the ritual of choosing your seats. Also if you can’t go for whatever reason you don’t feel like you’ve wasted anything. Have asked the club why the coke is more expensive from the tea huts but won’t hold my breath for a reply.
barnetpete

Today is likely to be the first day I’ve wanted a bovril this season... unlikely they have sorted it to be sold along with teas in the bar, so tellus@ will get another email on the issue. Thinking about it might just bring a flash of tea!
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
antbfc

barnetpete wrote:Today is likely to be the first day I’ve wanted a bovril this season... unlikely they have sorted it to be sold along with teas in the bar, so tellus@ will get another email on the issue. Thinking about it might just bring a flash of tea!
don't leave us in suspense... did you get it?
barnetpete

I arrived late 3 min into game, so rather than the bar I went to the tea hut so don’t know if it’s been sorted at the bar yet. In the end I went for tea, but at £2 should have brought my own flask!
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
antbfc

barnetpete wrote:I arrived late 3 min into game, so rather than the bar I went to the tea hut so don’t know if it’s been sorted at the bar yet. In the end I went for tea, but at £2 should have brought my own flask!
#BovrilWatch
Reckless

antbfc wrote:
barnetpete wrote:I arrived late 3 min into game, so rather than the bar I went to the tea hut so don’t know if it’s been sorted at the bar yet. In the end I went for tea, but at £2 should have brought my own flask!
#BovrilWatch
Never heard him moan so much and I've known him since he drank tea from a Sippy Mug.
Got to add to this, I was on coffee yesterday, and at 2pm the "Costas" outlet, on what I assume is the busiest day of their week could only offer straight black or white coffee and no speciality Coffee (I fancied a Hazelnut Latte). Is that normal?
rudebwoyben

Reckless wrote:
antbfc wrote:
#BovrilWatch
Never heard him moan so much and I've known him since he drank tea from a Sippy Mug.
Got to add to this, I was on coffee yesterday, and at 2pm the "Costas" outlet, on what I assume is the busiest day of their week could only offer straight black or white coffee and no speciality Coffee (I fancied a Hazelnut Latte). Is that normal?
No hot chocolate available there either :sad: :sad:
PBBee

No Bovril available in the South Stand FYI.

#bovrilwatch
Letsbeehavinyou

No tickets available to buy online for Tuesday night either it seems.....just over 48 hours until kickoff and no option to buy them upfront on the site.
To bee or not to bee

Letsbeehavinyou wrote:No tickets available to buy online for Tuesday night either it seems.....just over 48 hours until kickoff and no option to buy them upfront on the site.
Maybe they are thinking of doing an offer to get a few more waiverers in.
barnetpete

I’ll update on Tuesday.... #bovrilwatch.
Reckless

If it is available Marmite join you!
letchbee94

I blame Trump :P
hoppy

To bee or not to bee wrote:
Letsbeehavinyou wrote:No tickets available to buy online for Tuesday night either it seems.....just over 48 hours until kickoff and no option to buy them upfront on the site.
Maybe they are thinking of doing an offer to get a few more waiverers in.
Or maybe they are considering closing the South Stand.
That would be the final straw for me.
Letsbeehavinyou

I’m unsure of the clubs logic in not offering the next 2/3 home matches online for supporters beit long standing or casual to purchase....what harm could it do let alone no option to buy less than 2 days out.