South Stand

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
hoppy

South Stand

Apparently there is a National League rule something along the lines that if there is no terrace for visiting supporters the host club must not charge them more than they charge their home supporters to stand.

The adult price for the South Stand is £15. The price for the North Stand for visiting supporters is £20.

So, the Club has two options.
1. Only charge visiting fans £15.
2. Close the terracing (South Stand) for home fans.

Now, I wonder what option the Club will take.
ninestein

Re: South Stand

South Terrace is open for tomorrow's game.

https://www.barnetfc.com/news/2018/augu ... eastleigh/
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
MCB

Also i'm not sure that's the case - Leyton Orient for example charge more for away fans in seats that their home terracing?
Tuesds

MCB wrote:Also i'm not sure that's the case - Leyton Orient for example charge more for away fans in seats that their home terracing?
Brisbane Road is all seated.
hoppy

It's a National League rule for 2018/19.
Assume we are only charging adult Eastleigh fans £15.
MCB

hoppy wrote:It's a National League rule for 2018/19.
Assume we are only charging adult Eastleigh fans £15.
Really? Hadn't seen that anywhere.

We're charging £20 anyway.

BARNET V EASTLEIGH - Stand Sixty-Six B
Please select which concession this ticket is for.
Adult £20.00
Concession £13.00
Under 17 £5.00
MCB

can't find nowt - where did you see it Hoppy?

http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/art ... 013?page=0
DerekRocholl

Please can someone translate this:

Legends Stand, Bees Terrace and Bumble's Family Zone will all be open to Barnet FC supporters. Visiting Eastleigh fans will be located in Stand 66.
jerroll

Hiveoccupier wrote:Please can someone translate this:

Legends Stand, Bees Terrace and Bumble's Family Zone will all be open to Barnet FC supporters. Visiting Eastleigh fans will be located in Stand 66.

Legends + west
Bees Terrace - south
family zone open south east corner
stand 66 - north
hoppy

MCB wrote:can't find nowt - where did you see it Hoppy?

http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/art ... 013?page=0
I saw it discussed on the Dagenham Forum. The rule has been quoted in full in the thread about their gate on Tuesday.
DerekRocholl

jerroll wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:Please can someone translate this:

Legends + west
Bees Terrace - south
family zone open south east corner
stand 66 - north
Thanks John.

Is it called stand 66 because that's the maximum number of away supporters it will be providing capacity for this season ?
hoppy

hoppy wrote:Apparently there is a National League rule something along the lines that if there is no terrace for visiting supporters the host club must not charge them more than they charge their home supporters to stand.

The adult price for the South Stand is £15. The price for the North Stand for visiting supporters is £20.

So, the Club has two options.
1. Only charge visiting fans £15.
2. Close the terracing (South Stand) for home fans.

Now, I wonder what option the Club will take.
It seems the Daggers fans were getting really upset today when they were being asked to pay £20 to enter The Hive.They maintain that National League rules stipulate that Away fans can't be charged more than the Home fans.
Apparently they were told they could take it or leave it.
If this is the case and they are right about the League rules this is very shabby treatment by Barnet FC.
barnetjohn

The league rules seem ambigious to me on this point. They state:

20. ADMISSION CHARGES
The minimum charge for admission to all matches shall be determined from time to time by the Board.
Admission charges, excluding home Club concessions as appropriate, must be the same for home and visiting supporters at Competition matches.
Clubs may, with the written permission of the Board, have a maximum of three Competition Match days each Playing Season during which they can vary admission charges for adults including allowing free admission

The key thing is the line that says admission charges "must be the same for home and visiting supporters". That doesn't specify exactly what that means. You could interpret it to mean that supporters are charged the same amount for comparable accommodation (i.e. same amount for home and away seating) in which case charging £20 would be OK, as seating in the West Stand is £22. Or one could interpret to mean that cheapest tickets for away fans costs the same as cheapest ticket for home fans (i.e. charge away seating the same as home standing). I think the first interpretation is the most obvious.

In any event- there definitely isn't an explicit rule stating what happens when away fans are not offered terrace accommodation.

John
BEEGONE

Away fans missing goals because of slow service to get in...

We really are a strange club!
becbee

Not sure D&R have grounds to complain seeing as they made their new large stand behind the goal for away supporters so they could financially gain from charging the away fans most but get away with it because it was their best stand.

We are not the only club to have a home terrace but no facility for away fans to stand. Wycombe Wanderers are an example of a club who don't.

If I were a D&R fan I think paying an extra pound or two would be the least of my concerns.