South Stand

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Agewills

Re: South Stand

jerroll wrote:
Agewills wrote:
Tuesds wrote:
Agewills wrote:£20 for that terrace is way too much - the view is dreadful, there's no access to a bar and the 'refreshments' that are available are pretty dire and the prices were increased this season too!
They weren’t increased. In fact, they were reduced considerably, from £19 down to £15.
I meant the price of refreshments has gone up.
Not for me!! Last season a bottle of diet coke cost £2.00 this season in Graz Bar its £1.98 using my discount card!!
But you can't access the Graz bar from the South Terrace.
jerroll

[/quote]
But you can't access the Graz bar from the South Terrace.[/quote]
Fair point!
To bee or not to bee

How on earth can they justify charging £2.40 before Hive discount for a coke in the open air tea huts and £2.20 before Hive discount in a covered bar. Ridiculous. Boycott the tea huts!
BeeBoi1980

Psycho wrote:Everything about the Hive experience is wrong now - overcharged to stand on the terrace (which I did regularly for the first three seasons), no programme to read on the journey home and supporters made to feel like an inconvenience on a wedding.

It all adds up to an expensive day out now with the train fare (an adult travelcard) and with an expensive year coming up in 2019, I prefer to save up for what really matters.
My walk up seat in the main stand is now 33 cheaper (albeit due to relegation) and I get a free programme on top of that. So what would have cost me £28 a game last season now costs me £22, a 22.5% reduction, nice.

Now I'm not saying everyone should be happy with everything about the Hive, but mostly each negative is balanced with a positive,. Overall things aren't too out of kilter.

People will obviously notice the negative that affect them. This time it was kind of forced on the club. tony makes lots of mistakes, if this is one of them then there are slightly mitigating circumstances and an offer has been added to soften the blow a little.

Why don't we just offer the away terrace and the last section of the East to away fans, charge them £22 a match with no bar facilities, and basically have a nice all seater stadium for home fans. That'll learn them.
Tuesds

BeeBoi1980 wrote:
Why don't we just offer the away terrace and the last section of the East to away fans, charge them £22 a match with no bar facilities, and basically have a nice all seater stadium for home fans. That'll learn them.
It would. However, you'd upset those home fans who like to have the option of standing.

It would also raise some practical issues. The ground has been designed so that the North End is the away fan end. It is intended to minimise mixing between home and away fans. Coaches set down there, and it is also at the Canons Park tube end. So essentially, away fans can go in and out without having to gather/cross paths with crowds of home fans. At the South East end, they'd be walking from their coach either back down either a road or right alongisde the home bar/shop/guest entrance etc, and would be gathering and queuing right by home fans queueing at the ticket office.

Obviously, in the vast majority of cases that wouldn't be a problem. However, while we're trying to attract families to use the facilities on the East side you can imagine how, for example, having to navigate through a large crowd of rowdy, pissed-up Swindon fans might not be appealing to a Mum or Dad bringing their 5 year-old to their first game
Agewills

I sat in the North stand for the final game of last season and thought it was pretty nice! Views were good, bar access - give us the North Stand!
Norfolk & Chance

Agewills wrote:I sat in the North stand for the final game of last season and thought it was pretty nice! Views were good, bar access - give us the North Stand!
Agreed.
It was top quality.

Just make the East a long terrace, build a much needed all seater stand at the south and Tony's your uncle!
rudebwoyben

Norfolk & Chance wrote:
Agewills wrote:I sat in the North stand for the final game of last season and thought it was pretty nice! Views were good, bar access - give us the North Stand!
Agreed.
It was top quality.

Just make the East a long terrace, build a much needed all seater stand at the south and Tony's your uncle!
Give the away fans a token bit of terracing at the North End so that we can adhere to the rules on pricing?
PBBee

RichardM wrote:I have done a simple calculation that shows a £10 saving under the new pricing structure for any supporters who wish to stand at all the remaining home fixtures and take advantage of the three for the price of two offer. Seems good to me and shows the Chairman has found a way to not penalise the most loyal supporters.
Exactly - why should away fans pay the same for the new stand as the south stand with its lack of facilities.
becbee

My biggest issue with all this is this is that it comes about from a complaint by Dag and Red. Yet D&R were happy enough to charge us away fans top price to sit in their big new stand and didn't provide us with terracing.
The rules have been changed so that they can no longer do that so they made sure that we couldn't get away with it either.
jerroll

becbee wrote:My biggest issue with all this is this is that it comes about from a complaint by Dag and Red. Yet D&R were happy enough to charge us away fans top price to sit in their big new stand and didn't provide us with terracing.
The rules have been changed so that they can no longer do that so they made sure that we couldn't get away with it either.
That was in the football league 3 seasons ago, when we used to go to Macclesfield in the FL they used to close the terrace & stick us in the seats and charge seat prices, once we both went down they still closed the terrace but charged us terrace prices. each competition will always have its own regulations which you have to abide by.
becbee

I appreciate that, I just think that it's a bit off that Dag and Red could do it to us but then object when we do it back to them. Seems hypocritical to me.
John_c

PBBee wrote:
RichardM wrote:I have done a simple calculation that shows a £10 saving under the new pricing structure for any supporters who wish to stand at all the remaining home fixtures and take advantage of the three for the price of two offer. Seems good to me and shows the Chairman has found a way to not penalise the most loyal supporters.
Exactly - why should away fans pay the same for the new stand as the south stand with its lack of facilities.
Has anyone got confirmation that the offer isn't a one off?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
John_c

PBBee wrote:
Has anyone got confirmation that the offer isn't a one off?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
WindsorBee

If they had put the season ticket price up at this stage, then I’d cancel. As it is, all the 2 for 1 offers, etc, etc, completely devalue the rationale for keeping membership going, plus our commitment never seems to be recognised properly, with reduced rewards, appalling catering service and facilities, etc

£20 to stand for National League!?! I’ve just got my terrace ticket for Fortuna Düsseldorf v Schalke in a couple of weeks. €13 for a local derby, intense Bundesliga 1 match, with tons of atmosphere?!?! And I can have a decent beer watching the game. It’s about time admission prices were put into perspective in England at all levels. And start treating supporters like grown ups.