South Stand

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
RichardM

Re: South Stand

I have done a simple calculation that shows a £10 saving under the new pricing structure for any supporters who wish to stand at all the remaining home fixtures and take advantage of the three for the price of two offer. Seems good to me and shows the Chairman has found a way to not penalise the most loyal supporters.
Norfolk & Chance

Seems odd to bash away fans for getting the new stand.
It's not their fault.
I said after the Chesterfield game it was that good it should go to home fans.
That wouldn't solve this issue but it just seems ironic that a huge stand we don't need, given to away fans, is going to cost home fans more to watch from the south because the club wilfully ignored the new rules, whether the rules are stupid or not!
It's got Kleanthous written all over it.
If he hadn't dropped the south terrace price in the first place this would have been a non event!
How's that for something coming back to bite you!
Norfolk & Chance

RichardM wrote:I have done a simple calculation that shows a £10 saving under the new pricing structure for any supporters who wish to stand at all the remaining home fixtures and take advantage of the three for the price of two offer. Seems good to me and shows the Chairman has found a way to not penalise the most loyal supporters.
Yes, I'm sure TK did that exact same calculation prior to making this decision!
How about trying to attract more walk up fans on matchday to try and get a little more than a thousand of the most loyal supporters.
hoppy

RichardM wrote:I have done a simple calculation that shows a £10 saving under the new pricing structure for any supporters who wish to stand at all the remaining home fixtures and take advantage of the three for the price of two offer. Seems good to me and shows the Chairman has found a way to not penalise the most loyal supporters.
Can you explain your maths RichardM?
I make it an extra £70 for an adult to watch our remaining 18 games.
Tuesds

Norfolk & Chance wrote:Seems odd to bash away fans for getting the new stand.
It's not their fault.
I said after the Chesterfield game it was that good it should go to home fans.
That wouldn't solve this issue but it just seems ironic that a huge stand we don't need, given to away fans, is going to cost home fans more to watch from the south because the club wilfully ignored the new rules, whether the rules are stupid or not!
It's got Kleanthous written all over it.
If he hadn't dropped the south terrace price in the first place this would have been a non event!
How's that for something coming back to bite you!
Who’s bashing the away fans? And why don’t we need it? It’s allowed us to accommodate very large away followings from the likes of Luton, Swindon, Orient etc and to raise extra revenue by giving them a bar that they’ve enjoyed and used to the fullest. It’s also allowed us to accommodate away fans in one section (with one or two exceptions), which is good for security and safety and management of the ground. We’ve also been able to hire out that bar and use it for events such as a manager q&a which was free for members. That would have been fun behind the old North Terrace.

We built the stand when we were in the Football League, and probably didn’t envisage we’d ever be subject to as stupid a rule as this. You say that the club ignoring the rules is the reason why the North Stand is going to cause those on the South terrace to pay more. It’s actually the club ignoring the rules that has allowed South Terracers to pay less so far. Whether we’d accepted the rule now or at the start of the season, the result would probably have been the same. It may have been even worse, as had they acted before the start of the season they may have closed the South Terrace altogether.

I keep reading about how the club/Kleanthous is ‘money-grabbing’. And then elsewhere I see people calling on the club to sign some players. How the hell are we supposed to make the money people want to be spent on the players to enable us to compete with the Chesterfields and Leyton Orients and other clubs with much bigger fanbases if we’re not allowed to invest in upgrading our facilities and then do something so unseemly as charging people accordingly for using them?
RichardM

hoppy wrote:
Can you explain your maths RichardM?
I make it an extra £70 for an adult to watch our remaining 18 games.

Before: 18 games x £15 = £270

After: 3 games x £40 x 5 = £200 (15 games in total)

3 games X £20 = £60
hoppy

I read it that there is only one 3 for 2 deal.
Tuesds

beew wrote:Can't the club offer a bogof deal. £20 with a voucher to attend another game for free? Seems so simple.
That would be halving the price to a rate of £10 per game. A buy two get a third free takes the per match rate back to a similar, slightly lower level.

BUT, as others have said, it’s not so generous if you have to select your three matches at the same time and buy them all up front, as opposed to a coffee shop loyalty stamp card-type offer of attend two matches and get your next one free. I expect you will have to choose all theee games up front, which really won’t work for me, nor for a lot of others,I suspect.
To bee or not to bee

hoppy wrote:I read it that there is only one 3 for 2 deal.
That’s how I read it too but everything seems to be done on the hoof at Barnet FC so who knows what tomorrow will bring.
DerekRocholl

Tuesds wrote:How the hell are we supposed to make the money people want to be spent on the players to enable us to compete with the Chesterfields and Leyton Orients and other clubs with much bigger fanbases if we’re not allowed to invest in upgrading our facilities and then do something so unseemly as charging people accordingly for using them?
How did Orient and Chesterfield get bigger fan bases than Barnet ?

The “if you build it they will come” stuff that underpins your rationale for over charging for a National League game doesn’t work. The sooner TK gets that message the better it will be for us and him.
ninestein

How can we be sure that the club wilfully ignored the league rule? Unless someone is sleeping with the rulebook, how would the club have known? Maybe equal blame actually lies with the league itself for not pointing it out during the close season when membership is ratified. Surely they have a duty to explain the differences in protocol to sides dropping out of the league as much as those stepping up into it from lower down the pyramid.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Tuesds

Hiveoccupier wrote:
Tuesds wrote:How the hell are we supposed to make the money people want to be spent on the players to enable us to compete with the Chesterfields and Leyton Orients and other clubs with much bigger fanbases if we’re not allowed to invest in upgrading our facilities and then do something so unseemly as charging people accordingly for using them?
How did Orient and Chesterfield get bigger fan bases than Barnet ?
Ok, well I know you’re trolling now because it sure as hell isn’t lower ticket prices! I mean, for goodness sake, we’ve been charging a lower walk-up price than clubs like Chesterfield and Orient for decades, including *this season*! Until yesterday.*

I’m not sure if you’re losing track, but remember, these are the clubs who are doing the very thing you believe we should be banned from doing, ie charging away fans more than some home fans. And meanwhile they deny terracing to both away fans and their own fans.

So how did these historic football league clubs get bigger fanbases than Barnet? Well, it was most definitely not lower prices. But you know that.

You write as if we’ve historically had a similar support base to these clubs and then the Bad Man came along and started charging higher prices than our competitors and we diverged. In fact, of course, we charged lower prices than these clubs for most of the time the Bad Man has been in charge (they were lower than almost all our competitors in League 2 at Underhill). So it must be something else...

* The idea that it was lower ticket prices for away fans that helped make the once top flight club Leyton Orient become better-supported than use is especially bizarre; I remember us all being aghast at the prices we were paying there back in the ninetie, and Just 5 days ago they charged us the same price that we’re charging away fans, and that you find so offensive at The Hive (without providing a smart new bar etc.)
John_c

To bee or not to bee wrote:
hoppy wrote:I read it that there is only one 3 for 2 deal.
That’s how I read it too but everything seems to be done on the hoof at Barnet FC so who knows what tomorrow will bring.
If it's not only one deal then it's clearly a workaround designed to make sure home fans aren't put out. A workaround forced on the club by a ridiculous ill thought out rule.

I'm assuming someone's asked for clarification already?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
Agewills

Tuesds wrote:
Agewills wrote:£20 for that terrace is way too much - the view is dreadful, there's no access to a bar and the 'refreshments' that are available are pretty dire and the prices were increased this season too!
They weren’t increased. In fact, they were reduced considerably, from £19 down to £15.
I meant the price of refreshments has gone up.
jerroll

Agewills wrote:
Tuesds wrote:
Agewills wrote:£20 for that terrace is way too much - the view is dreadful, there's no access to a bar and the 'refreshments' that are available are pretty dire and the prices were increased this season too!
They weren’t increased. In fact, they were reduced considerably, from £19 down to £15.
I meant the price of refreshments has gone up.
Not for me!! Last season a bottle of diet coke cost £2.00 this season in Graz Bar its £1.98 using my discount card!!