Maldon and Tiptree (a) The Sweet 'n' Salty Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
becbee

Re: Maldon and Tiptree (a) The Sweet 'n' Salty Match Thread

Norfolkbee wrote:Need to get the striker situation asap. It hasn't gone unnoticed that MA landed his No1 target in that position for Chesterfield today.
It had gone unnoticed by me.
I've never heard of Lee Shaw, a Grantham goal machine. I doubt that Chesterfield's supporters know or care at missing out on our signing of a Greenwich Borough goal machine, whom I'd have thought maybe is a comparable signing?
Norfolkbee

mcleod23 wrote:No. 1 target?!!! More like their 5th. Blissett rejected them first up. They had another up there rejected and have now gone for some lower league bloke called Lee.

Not exactly a wow signing is it. Salford are the ones making moves, not Chesterfield.

Anyhow, let's focus on ourselves. Elito allegedly coming in and with a No.9 to come (possibly Ferrier). I know who's signings I'd rather have.
Lee Shaw got 50 plus goals last season, albeit at a lower level. Remember we picked up Albert Adomah similarly. A bloke name Vardy hasn't done bad either.
mcleod23

He wasn't first choice, Allen seems to have missed out on a lot of players as said in an interview.

Let's see how Shaw gets on. There was also a bloke (s) called the Hemel Hotshot, Charlie Taylor, Charlie Stimson with about one league goal between them at senior level. Scoring 50 goals in a lower league (the same goes for kids at youth football which we have also seen), means zilch.
rudebwoyben

mcleod23 wrote:He wasn't first choice, Allen seems to have missed out on a lot of players as said in an interview.

Let's see how Shaw gets on. There was also a bloke (s) called the Hemel Hotshot, Charlie Taylor, Charlie Stimson with about one league goal between them at senior level. Scoring 50 goals in a lower league (the same goes for kids at youth football which we have also seen), means zilch.
Ross Hannah who Bradford City bought a few years ago after he scored zillions for Matlock Town is another example. He didn't cut it in the Football League and at National League level he was no better than average. He's now gone back to play at the level that he originally was at before Bradford bought him, the Northern Premier League.
#Beebot

mcleod23 wrote:He wasn't first choice, Allen seems to have missed out on a lot of players as said in an interview.

To be fair Charlie Taylor didn't have any goalscoring pedigree further down the pyramid either. One of the poorest signings we ever made both on paper and on the pitch.
Norfolkbee

I doubt anyone would complain if John Still looked further down the pyramid and signed another Paul Benson.
rudebwoyben

Norfolkbee wrote:I doubt anyone would complain if John Still looked further down the pyramid and signed another Paul Benson.
Nope, maybe Jack Barham will be our Paul Benson!
ccollis_869

what about this Borehamwood guy, Morgan Ferrier? Played under Still at Dagenham and seems clear to me he wants out at bwood?
Guiseleybee

A third of the season will be complete by end of SEPTEMBER! With so many midweek games in first two month it's vital we hit the ground running like we did when we won the league. So we need the first team bedding in asap with a new number 9 signed now!
ccollis_869

Guiseleybee wrote:A third of the season will be complete by end of SEPTEMBER! With so many midweek games in first two month it's vital we hit the ground running like we did when we won the league. So we need the first team bedding in asap with a new number 9 signed now!
Crazy when you put it like that but it is very true. Kids finish for the summer this week and when they go back in 6 weeks time we will have potentially already played 9 league games!!!!
pgbee

Guiseleybee wrote:A third of the season will be complete by end of SEPTEMBER! With so many midweek games in first two month it's vital we hit the ground running like we did when we won the league. So we need the first team bedding in asap with a new number 9 signed now!
I suspect this is a legacy from when pitches were bad and they are doing this to try and avoid fixture pileup. In one of Wokings cup run years they ended up playing 7 games in the last ten days of the,season. With 3G , wet pitch postponements shouldn't be so much of an issue as Braintree had last time we were down.
Guiseleybee

Has alot to do with FA Trophy which causes havoc once that kicks in.
ninestein

Plus the FA Cup 4th qualifying round requires an extra Saturday to be kept free in October.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
jerroll

ninestein wrote:Plus the FA Cup 4th qualifying round requires an extra Saturday to be kept free in October.
Although we have a fixture scheduled for 2nd round day unlike last season. its only 3 more league fixtures scheduled before end of September compared to last season although we played 2 rounds of the league cup and 1 checkatrade game so we actually have no extra games in that period compared with last season.
shankbee01

To be fair to Charlie Taylor, he did create one of the longest lasting jokes/put downs on this board. It’s still going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk