Rossi Eames Has Left

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
ninestein

Re: Rossi Eames Has Left

We'll never know what would have happened last season if we hadn't lost Akinde, Weston, Brindley, Johnson & Tarpey to long term injuries.
For me, Rossi had assembled the personnel who could compete in league 2. The signings last summer who did arrive were good enough for that division. Compare that to Mark Robson, who signed too many players way out of their depth for that level. Perhaps the injuries were bad luck. Perhaps the training routine wasn't quite right. Maybe it was a mixture of both which culminated in our horrific injury list. But it's in the past now...

One thing's for sure, your don't get many coaches stick around at a club for 9 years these days. And it's also very rare that someone who does take the top job and fails is still held in very high regard by the supporters. He should be respected for daring to have a go, and again for the dignified way in which he handled himself for the remainder of last season. Most people would have left straight away.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
hoofer2

letchbee94 wrote:Good luck to him, Will never know but if we had a fit Akinde all of last season we may have been ok (Don't think challenging for promotion but just about keeping clear of relegation battle) and Rossi may been able to build on something for this season.

Not sure if he was prepared mentally for critical side that comes with being a football manager.

He will learn from his time with us and I hope we see him in a few years as a manager of a football club.
I do not know the ins and outs of Rossi stepping down, but I believe the prospect of working with dinosaur McGhee crushed the aspirations of academy players breaking though to first team.
The story that was put out there was verbal abuse of father, but I believe Rossi felt McGhee would be the negative presence that we feared and saw and found is position untenable.

When you look at appointment of John Still and his preference for long ball when previously Barnet manager, Rossi perhaps felt the same, though I would trust John Still to spot the talent
that will make a breakthrough to first XI sooner, rather than maintaining a creche for 20 somethings...sorry development squad.

However we saw from D&R and Luton, that John Still is more than a long ball manager. They played power football using wings effectively to get ball up the pitch quickly
and around the 18 yard area where midfield are encouraged to shoot and not just passing to the player next to them. I expect a number 9 in the mould of Benson, Akinde , Mckaill-Smith etc.
to be recruited and complete the squad.

Perhaps we have already signed the player but there is sensitivity in player leaving previous club that has to be resolved first.
buzzinbee

ninestein wrote:We'll never know what would have happened last season if we hadn't lost Akinde, Weston, Brindley, Johnson & Tarpey to long term injuries.
For me, Rossi had assembled the personnel who could compete in league 2. The signings last summer who did arrive were good enough for that division. Compare that to Mark Robson, who signed too many players way out of their depth for that level. Perhaps the injuries were bad luck. Perhaps the training routine wasn't quite right. Maybe it was a mixture of both which culminated in our horrific injury list. But it's in the past now...

One thing's for sure, your don't get many coaches stick around at a club for 9 years these days. And it's also very rare that someone who does take the top job and fails is still held in very high regard by the supporters. He should be respected for daring to have a go, and again for the dignified way in which he handled himself for the remainder of last season. Most people would have left straight away.
Well said :y:

Rossi with his loyalty and dignified manner, is a great example to people who are training to be future coaches!
dawat

Personally I have nothing but respect for Rossi and wish him well for the future!
LoudmouthBFC

UnderhillStackSave wrote:
LoudmouthBFC wrote:
NoMagRyan wrote:
LoudmouthBFC wrote:From what I can remember about the Swindon game. We was under a lot of pressure for the first 10 minutes, then we got very fortunate with a mistake by a Swindon player and keeper. That lead to our first goal. After that they was shell shocked and didn't know how to bounce back and we took advantage. If that didn't happen it may of been a very different story.
I don't really think 'if they were better the result would have been different' invalidates a 4-1 win. Bizarre thing to post.

How many games did we see last season, where we contorted everything. Didn't take our chances and it cost us ? That was the Swindon game. The reason it stands out more than anything else is because of the score line. A win. Shaq hat-tick.
Isn't that the game of football? how many games do you see where a team can dominate from start to finish with out the other team having a sniff at goal? of course Swindon started out of the blocks that day but i don't think that should take the shine off that performance.

It is, but 15 games with out a win. Any manager would be feeling all kinds of pressure from the chairman, players,fans ect. Not saying we dominated everyone of them games. But the ones we did and we didn't get the win, cost Rossi a lot. Bringing in MM might of been TK master-plain of trying to get rid of Rossi. In the end it showed as he was told he wasn't being offered a new contract. I wanted him to do well, when he was given the role of manager on a full time base. Inexperience and maybe a little bit of being stubborn cost him.
Norfolkbee

Most of last summer's signings were League Two standard, but the glaring omission was a bit of steel in midfield. Whether or not Rossi thought we didn't need it is something we will probably never know. For the record, I don't think he is solely to blame for this. James Pearson was likely as culpable last summer and both MMc and GW compounded the situation when they had the chance to rectify it in January.
TorME

Norfolkbee wrote:Most of last summer's signings were League Two standard, but the glaring omission was a bit of steel in midfield. Whether or not Rossi thought we didn't need it is something we will probably never know. For the record, I don't think he is solely to blame for this. James Pearson was likely as culpable last summer and both MMc and GW compounded the situation when they had the chance to rectify it in January.
James Pearson, or James Thorne?
Norfolkbee

TorME wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:Most of last summer's signings were League Two standard, but the glaring omission was a bit of steel in midfield. Whether or not Rossi thought we didn't need it is something we will probably never know. For the record, I don't think he is solely to blame for this. James Pearson was likely as culpable last summer and both MMc and GW compounded the situation when they had the chance to rectify it in January.
James Pearson, or James Thorne?
Err.....Thorne. Shows you how much impression the bloke made on me. :laugh:
Darrenp77

Who has also left the club at the start of May, anyone else aware of this ?
hoofer2

I expect with John Still's vast experience he preferred not to have a Thorne in his side...

I hope Rossi is given the chance to continue working in football. He has shown that you do not have to be a grizzled old pro
to become a football coach / academy manager.
letchbee94

Darrenp77 wrote:Who has also left the club at the start of May, anyone else aware of this ?
Who Thorne?
Good to hear if he has.
Darrenp77

letchbee94 wrote:
Darrenp77 wrote:Who has also left the club at the start of May, anyone else aware of this ?
Who Thorne?
Good to hear if he has.
Mr Thorne has left the building
foxy

Excellent
Norfolkbee

What price him taking over the vacant job as head of the Chesterfield academy?