Fulham U23's (Hive) The Match Thread not Coming Home

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Beesting

Re: Fulham U23's (Hive) The Match Thread not Coming Home

Is that Rhys Murrell-Williamson play today?
#Beebot

Beesting wrote:Is that Rhys Murrell-Williamson play today?
Medy Elito
LoudmouthBFC

Not signing anymore been told.
Beeznizz

LoudmouthBFC wrote:

Not signing anymore been told.
Heard that too.
Tuesds

#Beebot wrote:
mcleod23 wrote:Thought Johnson was the weaker of the full backs if anything. Gave the ball away every time. Surely Tutonda needs a go?
Agree he didn't look great. With Tutonda being given a high squad number and Hernandez included in the squad it's all pointing one way. Will be a real shame if we lost one of our most consistent players from last season.
Tutonda was a real star of the run-in, driving the team forward from left back (see the first pen vs Crewe as an example). I managed to cheer myself up somewhat after relegation by telling myself that a team with Football League-quality players like Tutonda, Brindley, Santos and Sweeney will surely be at the top end of the Conference. Now Brindley’s gone, Santos is crocked and Tutonda looks to be out of favour!

I think his sloppy mistake to give away the first goal v QPR will have counted heavily against him in Still’s eyes. Hopefully his quality will shine through and he’ll force his way in.
Tuesds

#Beebot wrote:
Medy Elito
Who, for several years, played for.... Dagenham and Redbridge!

I should be pleased about the prospect of Elito signing, because I’ve kept half an eye on what he’s been up to in the hope we might sign him ever since he gave Michael Hector a difficult evening one Tuesday night at Underhill in 2012 when playing for Dagenham. However, I think he’s left-footed (although good with both feet), and while he’s got good technique and a good strike on him, I don’t think he’s got great pace for a winger. Which also describes Sparkes, from what little I’ve seen/heard.

I’d have been a lot more excited by Murrell-Williamson signing, as with Akinola injured I think we’re going to miss a winger who can really commit defenders and go by them.

A more recent memory of Elito is of him clumsily fouling Yiadom to give away a penalty in a game at The Hive vs Newport a couple of years ago (pretty sure it was him). As I say, though, he must have some real talent, because not many players have Hector problems the way he did that night.
becbee

I find it difficult to get enthused about PSFs and purely based on what I saw yesterday, I have no criticism of the new signings. However I do find it a bit disheartening that of the 11 players who started v Chesterfield, only Sweeney and Coulhirst played yesterday.
Once Akinola, Santos, Tarpey and Vilhete are fit then the squad will be stronger - but having players out injured in the early stages of last season cost us heavily and it'll be worse in NL as more fixtures are played early in the season than in L2.

As for Elito, I've no real opinion on him either way but I doubt that looking good in 2012 is really relevant to 2018.
Sam_BFC

Count me in as another fan of Tutonda.
PBBee

mcleod23 wrote:Thought Johnson was the weaker of the full backs if anything. Gave the ball away every time. Surely Tutonda needs a go?
Of course that was EJ’s first 90 in a long time. However I agree that Tutonda would be more useful especially in the conference where we should be the attacking team more often than not n
talldarkslim

The current squad looks like a top half finish at best
#Beebot

talldarkslim wrote:The current squad looks like a top half finish at best
Should be in or around the playoffs, but with our resources we should be aiming for the title. The signings all seem very safe to me. We desperately need firepower.
ETBee

Who's going to score the goals? We know that Coulthirst Is Barnet's version of Raheem Sterling - gets in great positions then mis-kicks. Looking at the training on Friday the shooting practice didn't give me much confidence. Ah well.
Afrobee

Couldn't make this but not at all surprised that we haven't managed to score in the first three psf games. I don't count the own goal) I see no sign that we will be a free scoring team at NL level which is a worry. Coulthirst needs a stronger partner. Barham was a goal scorer at Bostik South level which is not as competitive as Bostik North let alone Step 1. As has already been observed, where are the goals coming from?. Remember these were kids we played against yesterday and we needed one of them to score for us to win the match!

A few of you seem content to be patient because it's early days. Well, it's early days for every other team but already I see trouble ahead unless the midfield and attack is sorted out quickly!
#Beebot

I can't see any further additions to the midfield.
buzzinbee

First time I saw the new squad yesterday.

Counsins seems to be a decent signing, pulled off some good saves that kept us in the game.

Sweeney - Solid & reliable, for me he was Mr. Defence yesterday.

Coulthirst was like how he started when he debut for us. Like ETBee said above our Sterling, he was so hungry for the ball. Also, Shaq looks to have been busy in the gym over the close season.

Out of all out-field new signings, Barnham stood out for me. Wanted and went to get the ball off the opponents.

For the rest, not sure if it was because it was only the second PSF or down to fitness, I not to confident of being in the top seven, let alone promotion!

Saying that, were the Fulham U23s a strong line-up? Heard someone in the crowd mentioning that their were a few lads playing for them who were in the youth squad last season.

And anyone have concerns about out pitch? To me, when winter comes around, can see postponements!