Nicholls leaves

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
let_it_bee

Re: Nicholls leaves

becbee wrote: The "wanted to be nearer home" line can be a good excuse. He was presumably happy enough to join Exeter and Barnet previously.
More likely he wasn't impressed with having to take a pay cut when we were relegated and preferred the prospect of L2 football to NL.
Can't blame him for that I suppose. His was an incredible transformation, from looking totally anonymous in his early days with us to being our standout performer when brought back into the team last season. Credit has to go to Westley for bringing him (and Sweeney) in from the cold. Very disappointing that he's gone. I just don't get the 'left by mutual consent' thing with him being under contract - surely he was worth a transfer fee of some sort.
becbee

Psycho wrote:
pgbee wrote:So currently we have one injured NL striker, one untried at this level and one who i suspect thinks he is too good for this level and at times last season his attitude was in doubt..still I'm sure it will be fine for our 'promotion push'
Don't get the negativity but agree about Coulthirst. He needs to play well consistently if he's even looking for a move away in January. We'll be in the play-off places. Fresh start and we've wiped the slate clean.

Edit: Maybe Keanu Marsh-Brown deserves another chance. Is he still contracted to Barnet FC? The penny may finally drop with him that if he doesn't sort himself out very soon he'll have pissed his career up the wall. Darren Currie could maybe rescue him.
KMB hasn't been contracted to us since he joined FGR. After falling out of favour there he went on loan to Dover. He signed a 2 year contract with Newport a few weeks ago.
Psycho

Ah, thanks, becbee.

Newport might be a good club for him. I still think he can play in a high division if he knuckles down and shows a good attitude.
antbfc

Psycho wrote:Ah, thanks, becbee.

Newport might be a good club for him. I still think he can play in a high division if he knuckles down and shows a good attitude.
No chance. He's made a hash of it too many times. He'll drift around the conference with the occasional flirt in the league at best.
Norfolkbee

antbfc wrote:

No chance. He's made a hash of it too many times. He'll drift around the conference with the occasional flirt in the league at best.
Edgar Davids was the only manager who could get the best out of KMB, simply because he encouraged him to play his natural game. Sadly, rightly or wrongly, KMB doesn't fit into systems and rigid patterns. The wheels really came off his game when MA, a manager who doesn't do flair, returned to Barnet.
Mickbee

antbfc wrote:

A bit like us then. A perfect fit.