Nicholls leaves

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
PBBee

Re: Nicholls leaves

We have lost so much experience in the team as it stands.
hoppy

PBBee wrote:We have lost so much experience in the team as it stands.
Inevitable due to our relegation.
Memory fails me but I'm sure we lost good players after our previous relegations.
WinchyBee

Really technically sound player who shone at times last season. Tidy finisher too and capable of scoring a lot of 'different goals'. In a better Barnet team he could have been a very very good player for us.
NoMagRyan

Gutted. Really feel like he could have done a great job for us at this level but best of luck to him. His goals almost saved us last year.
#Beebot

Why has he left by mutual consent? Surely he wasn't surplus to requirements? He had a year left on his contract.
Itsmeerc

#Beebot wrote:Why has he left by mutual consent? Surely he wasn't surplus to requirements? He had a year left on his contract.
Based on Still's short interview uploaded to Twitter, presume he wanted to leave to be closer to home so we let him. No point keeping a player who doesn't want to be here.
Psycho

This really is a new chapter in Barnet's history with Akinde and now Nicholls gone. The last month of the season he was inspirational and we got what Exeter fans were saying - that he really DOES score goals. Between after his debut at Cambridge and last April he looked like a poor signing. I don't know what he'll do at Crewe but I sincerely wish him all the best in L2.
MCB

It makes sense. Only MA of the 7 or 8 (?) managers he had (for us and on loan) in the last 2 seasons got goals & performances out of him. He was largely absymal in the first season, 3 goals in the 33 games he played -

Yet the goals he scored last season were of critical importance to us - almost all goals matchwinners and some absolute crackers. So although i'd love to have seen him next season, i'm completely ambivilant about him leaving as I remember the many, many games where he didn't get involved or contribute.

He got a league club, fair play to him, good luck at Crewe.

If he was the want away player Still referred to, that's fine, rather him than Brindley.
barnetpete

MCB wrote:It makes sense. Only MA of the 7 or 8 (?) managers he had (for us and on loan) in the last 2 seasons got goals & performances out of him. He was largely absymal in the first season, 3 goals in the 33 games he played -

Yet the goals he scored last season were of critical importance to us - almost all goals matchwinners and some absolute crackers. So although i'd love to have seen him next season, i'm completely ambivilant about him leaving as I remember the many, many games where he didn't get involved or contribute.

He got a league club, fair play to him, good luck at Crewe.
This
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
becbee

Itsmeerc wrote:
#Beebot wrote:Why has he left by mutual consent? Surely he wasn't surplus to requirements? He had a year left on his contract.
Based on Still's short interview uploaded to Twitter, presume he wanted to leave to be closer to home so we let him. No point keeping a player who doesn't want to be here.
The "wanted to be nearer home" line can be a good excuse. He was presumably happy enough to join Exeter and Barnet previously.
More likely he wasn't impressed with having to take a pay cut when we were relegated and preferred the prospect of L2 football to NL.
jerroll

Psycho wrote:This really is a new chapter in Barnet's history with Akinde and now Nicholls gone. The last month of the season he was inspirational and we got what Exeter fans were saying - that he really DOES score goals. Between after his debut at Cambridge and last April he looked like a poor signing. I don't know what he'll do at Crewe but I sincerely wish him all the best in L2.
Apart from february when he was nominated for lg 2 player of the month!!!
NorthFinchleyBee

PBBee wrote:We have lost so much experience in the team as it stands.
Yep, for me, he's probably the biggest loss to date. Big fan of JA of course, but Nicholls was in really good form last season, and I think he could scored a lot in the NL as part of a promotion push.
pgbee

So currently we have one injured NL striker, one untried at this level and one who i suspect thinks he is too good for this level and at times last season his attitude was in doubt..still I'm sure it will be fine for our 'promotion push'
antbfc

we'll be signing a replacement for akinde, it was mentioned at the Q&A. JS just stated they need to be the right character etc, so it may take time.
Psycho

pgbee wrote:So currently we have one injured NL striker, one untried at this level and one who i suspect thinks he is too good for this level and at times last season his attitude was in doubt..still I'm sure it will be fine for our 'promotion push'
Don't get the negativity but agree about Coulthirst. He needs to play well consistently if he's even looking for a move away in January. We'll be in the play-off places. Fresh start and we've wiped the slate clean.

Edit: Maybe Keanu Marsh-Brown deserves another chance. Is he still contracted to Barnet FC? The penny may finally drop with him that if he doesn't sort himself out very soon he'll have pissed his career up the wall. Darren Currie could maybe rescue him.