When does BT Sport release their first batch of TV fixtures?

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
John Hunt

Re: When does BT Sport release their first batch of TV fixtu

Hoping Barnet v Chesterfield is chosen. Our annual beano to Minehead to watch Madness. Would be handy to catch it at lunchtime!
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
hoppy

hendon4bee wrote:Hoping Barnet v Chesterfield is chosen. Our annual beano to Minehead to watch Madness. Would be handy to catch it at lunchtime!
You could always watch it at Our House.
Reckless

I would prefer no live coverage of Barnet League fixtures to be honest. The last time we were at this level and Dover away was televised it was embarrassing to see the level of support on the terrace. Is it really that financially beneficial? If so I still don't want it :-)
becbee

:oooops:
Reckless wrote:I would prefer no live coverage of Barnet League fixtures to be honest. The last time we were at this level and Dover away was televised it was embarrassing to see the level of support on the terrace. Is it really that financially beneficial? If so I still don't want it :-)
Whilst this is true, the televising of Dover V Barnet on a Tuesday evening was a godsend to those like my daughters whose jobs / commitments make attendance at such away fixtures in midweek impossible.
Psycho

becbee wrote::oooops:
Reckless wrote:I would prefer no live coverage of Barnet League fixtures to be honest. The last time we were at this level and Dover away was televised it was embarrassing to see the level of support on the terrace. Is it really that financially beneficial? If so I still don't want it :-)
Whilst this is true, the televising of Dover V Barnet on a Tuesday evening was a godsend to those like my daughters whose jobs / commitments make attendance at such away fixtures in midweek impossible.
It was a Wednesday night and felt like a bloody long way, especially the route I took. :doh:

It may well have been a low away turnout but it was one of those night's that we just sang and sang and sang. Quality stuff like "You're French, and you know you are!" "Shall we swim across for you!". I remember having a tenner on Barnet winning 3-1 @ 16/1. Dover hit the underside of the bar late on and it felt like the Frank Lampard moment. Argh! Also plenty of close-ups of the Barnet fans. I took plenty of stick! A great match, probably the best of the season - bar Gateshead at home.
ninestein

We were certainly given a lot of exposure on TV those last two seasons in the Conference.
As the season pans out, BT Sport will start to lean towards the teams challenging at the top.
Personally, I'm OK with the idea of us being televised, although from my point of view I'd rather more of them were away games which I wouldn't normally get to.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
alexbach

[
It was a Wednesday night and felt like a bloody long way, especially the route I took. :doh:

It may well have been a low away turnout but it was one of those night's that we just sang and sang and sang. Quality stuff like "You're French, and you know you are!" "Shall we swim across for you!". I remember having a tenner on Barnet winning 3-1 @ 16/1. Dover hit the underside of the bar late on and it felt like the Frank Lampard moment. Argh! Also plenty of close-ups of the Barnet fans. I took plenty of stick! A great match, probably the best of the season - bar Gateshead at home.[/quote]
yes watched tv at the hive, and the support was vocal and lively enough- not unreasonable for midweek
PBBee

hendon4bee wrote:Hoping Barnet v Chesterfield is chosen. Our annual beano to Minehead to watch Madness. Would be handy to catch it at lunchtime!
They have already confirmed Maidenhead v Maidstone is on BT that day so we will not selected (I was hoping for the same thing & it is definitely a strange choice as others have mentioned on here).
jerroll

PBBee wrote:
They have already confirmed Maidenhead v Maidstone is on BT that day so we will not selected (I was hoping for the same thing & it is definitely a strange choice as others have mentioned on here).
That's the day of chesterfield v barnet - the game h4b is talking about is on 1/12
PBBee

And to think I read through the comments after to see if you had corrected him! Ooops :whistle:
Monsieur Abeille

becbee wrote:
BEEGONE wrote:Does every team need to be on TV at least once? Just a guess...
Don't think so, I seem to recall that one season Lincoln and Southport weren't on all season and another club were only on in April because they were playing the potential Champions.
Dont know about Southport, but Lincoln was through choice I think
rudebwoyben

Monsieur Abeille wrote:
becbee wrote:
Don't think so, I seem to recall that one season Lincoln and Southport weren't on all season and another club were only on in April because they were playing the potential Champions.
And Gateshead have long complained about not being shown on BT Sport!
becbee

Monsieur Abeille wrote:
becbee wrote:
Southport weren't through choice, doubt that the third club were.
If as you say, Lincoln's absence was through choice, I'd have thought that could only affect their home matches as they'd not be able to control whether other clubs had their home fixtures televised. I wonder whether the rules have now been changed, Lincoln were on BT Sport during their promotion season. I imagine that whilst BT Sport wouldn't be bothered if a nobody mid table club didn't wish to be shown, they'd hardly want to find themselves unable to televise the important matches because clubs in the 6 pointers had said they didn't want to be shown.

The money paid to clubs for having their matches televised used to be a pittance, does anybody know what it is now?
John Hunt

PBBee wrote:And to think I read through the comments after to see if you had corrected him! Ooops :whistle:
Ha Ha. Yep the December game is when we are off to see Madness. A pity it is this game as I wanted to try to get Allen to sign a picture with the conference trophy!
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
Monsieur Abeille

becbee wrote:
Monsieur Abeille wrote:
becbee wrote:
Southport weren't through choice, doubt that the third club were.
If as you say, Lincoln's absence was through choice, I'd have thought that could only affect their home matches as they'd not be able to control whether other clubs had their home fixtures televised. I wonder whether the rules have now been changed, Lincoln were on BT Sport during their promotion season. I imagine that whilst BT Sport wouldn't be bothered if a nobody mid table club didn't wish to be shown, they'd hardly want to find themselves unable to televise the important matches because clubs in the 6 pointers had said they didn't want to be shown.

The money paid to clubs for having their matches televised used to be a pittance, does anybody know what it is now?
Just checked with Lincoln supporting pal - they did indeed turn down the opportunity to be on TV a few seasons ago, the amount they would have been paid wouldn't have covered the expected loss of 2-300 supporters. I imagine (hope) the fee has gone up now.