Martin Allen new Chesterfield manager

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Doyley

Re: Martin Allen new Chesterfield manager

Murky appointment then. Thankfully our new manager has class.
MCB

His time almost came to an end yesterday...(and still might before a game is played)

https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport ... -1-9272023

However as you'll see in that article, in cheerier news, presuming they can fight off the inevitable Championship interest, Chesterfield look likely to sign Sam Muggleton today. That's Sam Muggleton who wasn't making the bench at NLS York City, and was only making the bench at Scarborough and Boston.
The first item on his agenda is to get trialist Sam Muggleton and his long throw signed up as a permanent addition. “My boss has given us permission to sign Sam Muggleton, we will get him done tonight or tomorrow morning. “It must be made perfectly clear he has been a champion in this division. “He made 26 appearances in that season, not all of them starting, but he often came off the bench because his throw can be very, very important.

“Is it great to watch? No, it’s not, but is it effective? Yes it is. “It helps us win games and protect leads. “He might not play every game but it’s a good part of someone to have in your 16. “He understands and respects that. “He had a massive role to play in that championship season at Barnet.”
Norfolk & Chance

Norfolk & Chance wrote:Yikes.

I'm thinking just out of shot either side of him are two hooded figures pointing Kalashnikovs at him.

With that YouTube video too I do wonder just how enthusiastic he is for this new challenge.
Mind you, it's only 6 months of his life, it'll fly by then he'll be back home.
There are plenty like this from May etc but I like mine best. :hi: :laugh:
becbee

becbee wrote:What's the betting that our new manager lasts in his new job longer than Chesterfield's new manager does in his?
Well, I was right - even if it was only by one day!!
MCB

Maybe we can only afford Martin Allen when his annual salary is part paid by other clubs pay offs... i.e. Eastleigh, Chesterfield?
shankbee01

MCB wrote:Maybe we can only afford Martin Allen when his annual salary is part paid by other clubs pay offs... i.e. Eastleigh, Chesterfield?
After what he asked for from Barnet at the end of last season I’d suggest this is truer than you imagine...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shankbee01

MCB wrote:Maybe we can only afford Martin Allen when his annual salary is part paid by other clubs pay offs... i.e. Eastleigh, Chesterfield?
After what he asked for from Barnet at the end of last season I’d suggest this is truer than you imagine...

king45bee

I can't believe it is Barnet he refers to offering 30k per year?:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... cleRelated

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Norfolk & Chance

A happy player is a better player?

The chesterfield squad must be seriously pissed off then.
shankbee01

king45bee wrote:I can't believe it is Barnet he refers to offering 30k per year?:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... cleRelated

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
There’s no way I’m clicking on that link but Barnet offered him far more than 30k.

ninestein

He says he was offered 30k by a league 2 club. You could argue that by the time TK offered him the new deal we were already down. Perhaps he was referring to the period where he was out of work and took over from Westley.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
becbee

MA said himself that TK made every effort to keep him, in MA speak that would have meant salary.
I very much doubt a L2 club offered him only £30k, not unless that was his basic salary before performance related bonuses, etc.
Psycho

Reading Martin Allen's column in the Daily Mail this morning was extremely moving.

He said he got the dreaded call Boxing Day night and as soon as he saw it was the chairman's number come up he just knew it was the end. Driving back in the dark, he said he was thankful his wife was with him otherwise his concentration could have turned into serious depression. You hear about footballers, managers, coaches etc - I won't mention the s word. Thoughts of what happened to Gary Speed and I guess we'll never know the full story about that.

What happened to Martin next would leave even the stone-hearted shocked. He was asked immediately to move out of his new house to trigger the termination agreement. His mobile has stopped ringing or beeping after receiving initial support from other managers and he's now in a state of shock, disappointment and wants nothing more to do with football for a month or so. Forget the pay-off, Martin said himself that he'd be better off financially still doing the day-to-day work - he got nowhere near 1% of what Jose Mourinho got.

Thanks for your column every week, Martin. Enjoy your break, look after yourself and your family and come back fully refreshed and raring to go, wherever that may be!
Psycho

"It might be a relegation fight somewhere (next job) .But I've got a taste for the other end of the table in management. I've won two championship titles and know how incredible that feels. I want a third and I'm determined to get it"

Martin, you tease! :D