Martin Allen new Chesterfield manager

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
simples169

Martin Allen new Chesterfield manager

So he has gone to Chesterfield.
Is that a good move he and all the Barnet back room staff have made?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvEbVdFfyuc
Jon83

Re: Martin Allen new Chesterfield manager

Peak FM will be sending another journalist to cover Chesterfield if he carries on like that! MA looked as though he had the hump from the first minute! Suggests he got a call on Friday afternoon. Less than 24 hrs after he announced he was leaving Barnet = man in demand!
beew

Great interview!!!! Look forward to episode 2.
GenkiDev

And that's the thing with MA. He wears his heart on his sleeve. Stupid idea to do an interview asking about players when he just got there, agreed. But stuff like that can rub people up the wrong way.
MCB

simples169 wrote:So he has gone to Chesterfield.
Is that a good move he and all the Barnet back room staff have made?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvEbVdFfyuc
jesus he seems furious. Compare that to any interview he did with us.

It's like he's suddenly woken up and realised he's signed for Chesterfield, and is not sure if dreamt it or not, and the slow creeping sweats get overtaken by anger as he realises not only does he have to move there but he's signed for a club hit by huge strife.

Poor Mart.
Norfolk & Chance

Yikes.

I'm thinking just out of shot either side of him are two hooded figures pointing Kalashnikovs at him.

With that YouTube video too I do wonder just how enthusiastic he is for this new challenge.
Mind you, it's only 6 months of his life, it'll fly by then he'll be back home.
Monsieur Abeille

Haha, good on him.
GenkiDev

Norfolk & Chance wrote:Yikes.

I'm thinking just out of shot either side of him are two hooded figures pointing Kalashnikovs at him.

With that YouTube video too I do wonder just how enthusiastic he is for this new challenge.
Mind you, it's only 6 months of his life, it'll fly by then he'll be back home.
:eee:
Norfolkbee

It is obvious from his press conference that MA has been given a specific role at Chesterfield, which is to unite the club. I'm sure that he will do well at this because he has frequently got everyone at Barnet pulling in the same direction.
Just look at the last couple of months of the season just gone. Before MA returned, the club was rudderless, there was no structure, players had no idea what they were doing and sizable sections of a dwindling fan base were turning on TK.
MA arrived and almost immediately there was a spring in the step of everybody connected with the club and there was a bright light at the end of a very dark tunnel. Suddenly the players were beginning to look like footballers once more and people started to believe the great escape was on.
I'm sure that, with the current gloom surrounding Chesterfield, the club took account of all MA's confidence building qualities when they made the appointment. I just hope that TK can find someone with similar qualities when he finally gets around to appointing a new Bees' manager. In short, someone who is capable of galvanizing everyone into action.
MCB

Oh dear. Can (barrel?) of worms opened. Disliked Chesterfield FC's Director Ashley Carson's son Jordan has admitted on twitter to placing a £20 bet on Martin Allen to be the next Chesterfield manager - on May 6th. £20 bet won him £520.

That's 24 hours after we'd beaten them, 2 days before Martin Allen announced our retained list, 3 days before he turned down our job offer and people subsequently said he didn't have a job initially to go to.

So, when exactly did Chesterfield approach Martin Allen?

Obviously looks like insider trading, but does ask a few extra questions.
ccollis_869

I reckon he was spoken to when he was at the Chesterfield Newport game. He said he was up there then, obviously doing his homework for us before we played them but I'm sure he would have been approached
beew

MCB wrote:Oh dear. Can (barrel?) of worms opened. Disliked Chesterfield FC's Director Ashley Carson's son Jordan has admitted on twitter to placing a £20 bet on Martin Allen to be the next Chesterfield manager - on May 6th. £20 bet won him £520.

That's 24 hours after we'd beaten them, 2 days before Martin Allen announced our retained list, 3 days before he turned down our job offer and people subsequently said he didn't have a job initially to go to.

Oh dear, that's not good for anyone.
hoofer2

MCB wrote:Oh dear. Can (barrel?) of worms opened. Disliked Chesterfield FC's Director Ashley Carson's son Jordan has admitted on twitter to placing a £20 bet on Martin Allen to be the next Chesterfield manager - on May 6th. £20 bet won him £520.

It does....but you cannot say he did not show full commitment to the cause for the 8 games in charge. I hope he doesn't try to pillage the Bees for players.
Norfolk & Chance

What kind of a bellend boasts about it on twitter when he is that linked to the club.

It is probably innocent (incredibly naive) in that he's boasted about it and only placed 20 quid.
If he had insider info he would likely have kept schtum and got his mates to place 500 quid on it.
kingpinfid

Good luck Martin... you're going to need it!