Motty on Radio 2 all this week

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Golf Delta

Motty on Radio 2 all this week

Motty is playing the tracks of his years on Ken Bruce's show on Radio 2 every day this week, at about 11:40.
He spoke fondly of his affection for BFC as well, even though we had a "dodgy season"!
His two choices today were Rhinestone Cowboy by Glen Campbell and Graceland by Paul Simon. He's a big S&G fan.
Quite fascinating to listen to him talking about the music he likes as it's a side of him that we never see.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b25np8
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
Norfolk & Chance

Re: Motty on Radio 2 all this week

I listened to him yesterday, a damned good listen it was too. I hope the Bees get a few more mentions this week.
Golf Delta

Today's choices from Motty; Pearl's A Singer by Elkie Brooks and The Wonder of You by Elvis.
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
Bee52

Hang him!
Norfolk & Chance

:laugh:
Bee52 wrote:Hang him!
DerekRocholl

This is probably heresy for many hear but I can’t say I’m that bothered about Motty retiring he wasn’t as good as the greats of the past like Wolstenholme, Coleman, Davies and Best of all Peter Jones.
Golf Delta

Motty's latest choices;

Wednesday - Days by Kirsty MacColl and American Pie by Don McLean
Thursday - Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da by Marmalade and Picture This by Blondie.

I must say, I'm pleasantly surprised by some of his choices.
hoofer2

Expect the Final Countdown and Sweet Child of Mine tomorrow....though more probably John Barry's Bees Knees :)
barnetpete

Hiveoccupier wrote:This is probably heresy for many hear but I can’t say I’m that bothered about Motty retiring he wasn’t as good as the greats of the past like Wolstenholme, Coleman, Davies and Best of all Peter Jones.
Pete Jones the head of the ADB?
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
Bee52

Coleman????

By comparison to Motty, not even fit to knit one of Frank Bough's sweaters!

Nor to snort the wavy lines on them either!
Golf Delta

Motty's final choices of the week - Get Back by The Beatles and Karma Chameleon by Culture Club.

So no Guns 'n Roses then, thankfully! I wonder what the players think about having to listen to that awful noise everytime they come on to the pitch. Surely it's time for a change now, new broom and all that. There's plenty more stirring music to walk out to.
hoofer2

Golf Delta wrote:Motty's final choices of the week - Get Back by The Beatles and Karma Chameleon by Culture Club.

So no Guns 'n Roses then, thankfully! I wonder what the players think about having to listen to that awful noise everytime they come on to the pitch. Surely it's time for a change now, new broom and all that. There's plenty more stirring music to walk out to.
Anyone remember when Jim'll Fix It fixed it for someone at East Barnet School to have Culture Club sing at the school?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_3KDdjasT4
barnetpete

Golf Delta wrote:Motty's final choices of the week - Get Back by The Beatles and Karma Chameleon by Culture Club.

What were we coming out to in 1997?!
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
Tuesds

barnetpete wrote:

What were we coming out to in 1997?!
I'm happy with Sweet Child O' Mine, but if we're looking for an appropriate song following today's news, haven't we decided we're going to party like it's 1999? We finished that year top (or near the top) of League 2* under John Still.

*Division 3 in those days, I know