Daggers

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Tuesds

Re: Daggers

buzzinbee wrote:I'm quite surprised by the lack of good will or decent footy discussion, to a club who has the term 'little' attach to it like us, in that thread you mention.
Yep, a shame we can’t appreciate the fantastic, vanishingly rare achievement of a club of our size going up from League 2 instead of dwelling on arguments about how their chairman must care more than our chicken-obsessed supremo.
jamiefrbees

Tuesds wrote:
buzzinbee wrote:I'm quite surprised by the lack of good will or decent footy discussion, to a club who has the term 'little' attach to it like us, in that thread you mention.
Yep, a shame we can’t appreciate the fantastic, vanishingly rare achievement of a club of our size going up from League 2 instead of dwelling on arguments about how their chairman must care more than our chicken-obsessed supremo.
TK isn't perfect but I agree overall he's a good chairman and any considered argument reflects that. Unfortunately there are a few that froth at the mouth when his name is as much as mentioned, and it doesn't do their argument any favours.
Bee_Forever

"Be careful what you wish for if TK goes." The same frustrating argument people were making when "no wins in 14" was replaced by the dinosaur.

It was a weak argument then it's a weak argument now.

I wish for an owner competent and able to run the football side of the business working in partnership with a strong football manager with a long term commitment to the club. Newport have one. Accrington have one. Wycombe have one. All clubs the same size as us.

I do not wish for relegation.
becbee

Hiveoccupier wrote:
becbee wrote:I completely agree it's working out well for Hereford, albeit even after promotion they'll still be at a lower level than they were when they went under. However perhaps being in a rural area with no notable rival clubs around must assist their support base? After all, we can't get 2500 in L2, let alone if we were 3 divisions lower.

Salisbury and Rushden& Diamonds have fared less well. Quite likely they'll never return to their former level.

Arguably both had merely bought their way up the leagues and were only able to sustain the level they reached while a benefactor was providing finance. Relative to Barnet, Salisbury with its population of 45,000 is a pretty small, Irthlingborough with less than 9k is tiny. I don't see them as places that are worth making a comparison with.
You are forgetting Rushden, population 29K which when added to Ithingborough's 9K gives R&D population of 38K. More than the population of Accrington.
Salisbury's population of 45K is about the same as Yeovil.

If we are using population as a criteria for football team comparisons, we might as well re-write a big chunk of the football league. Burnley are 7th in Premiership with a population of 73K, there are places with larger populations than that which don't even have a EFL club. Likewise there are cities which either have or have recently had L2 / Conference club.
BGr

If Dagenham go under it will be solely the fault of a section of their fans and no one else. Believe it or not, their troubles aren’t contract related at all - John still is a shrewd operator and the club is completely debt-free. Their supporters club took a dislike to and drove the Chairman (local businessman Glyn Hopkin) away with their constant speculating and slander. The final nail in the coffin for Hopkin was the daggers fans with their North Korea and confederate flags - he refused to have that associated with his business and they refused to stop displaying them. All a great shame but I think they will be fine. If he’s remembered fondly for nothing else then daggers should thank hopkin for saving them from Tamplin, who was extremely close to taking over last summer.
X-Bumble

Norfolk & Chance wrote: His ownership structure and method of running his convoluted businesses are THE biggest risk to the football club and using every club that goes under as a stick to beat unhappy fans with is tiresome.
This has to stop. Fair criticism of anyone is fair do's. This is nasty and unnecessary. Let's stop this negativity and abuse, there should be no place on this forum for personal attacks and jibes.

We all have flaws and make mistakes in our lives, whether it be work or at home. How would you feel if someone posted stuff like this about you? - it's low and you can do better.

I loved this forum because opinions were fair and balanced, and there was always an underlying level of respect for each other. This forum has become toxic recently, and posts like this underpin this behaviour.

Please think before you post such unpleasant vitriol. There is no need for this, and I find it unacceptable.

Despite where we are, or what you think, let's keep spiteful attacks on people out of this forum. Constructive criticism of a club or events is fine, nasty personal attacks attacks like this are not.

If this is the direction this forum is going to continue to head in, then I'm out, just like I left BTID for the same reason.
Norfolk & Chance

Nasty? Abusive? Personal attacks? Jibes? Toxic behaviour? Vitriol? Spiteful attacks? Nasty personal attacks?

What in god's name are you talking about x-bumble?
Have you taken leave of your senses?

Read the post again and explain to me how your descriptions above are in any way accurate?
You have a track record of the most extraordinary outbursts but this latest one takes the biscuit.

The poor chap from Ravenscroft school who came on here a few months ago asking for support was subjected to such a vitriolic, maniacal series of attacks by you I genuinely thought you were a lunatic. You'd have been thrown off btid for your mouth frothing, eye rolling public breakdown on here.
You were an embarrassment and all in the name of re-publicising your involvement in the kba campaign.
A very self serving series of posts to remind everyone of your history with the club.

So think carefully before launching genuinely nasty posts like your one above simply because you disagree with what I say and you want to try to impress your friends on here.

All the best,

Norfolk
ETBee

Calm down, calm down everybody. It's a beautiful day, get out there and forget all thing Barnet and enjoy this brief moment of summer.
X-Bumble

Norfolk & Chance wrote:Nasty? Abusive? Personal attacks? Jibes? Toxic behaviour? Vitriol? Spiteful attacks? Nasty personal attacks?

What in god's name are you talking about x-bumble?
Have you taken leave of your senses?

Read the post again and explain to me how your descriptions above are in any way accurate?
You have a track record of the most extraordinary outbursts but this latest one takes the biscuit.

The poor chap from Ravenscroft school who came on here a few months ago asking for support was subjected to such a vitriolic, maniacal series of attacks by you I genuinely thought you were a lunatic. You'd have been thrown off btid for your mouth frothing, eye rolling public breakdown on here.
You were an embarrassment and all in the name of re-publicising your involvement in the kba campaign.
A very self serving series of posts to remind everyone of your history with the club.

So think carefully before launching genuinely nasty posts like your one above simply because you disagree with what I say and you want to try to impress your friends on here.

All the best,

Norfolk
I find it sad that you can attack people and their competence and then try to duck behind the parapet when criticism comes your way.

I did not send a personal attack against the teacher, I just said that I didn't care about the plight of his situation. I will defend the club and it's staff/owners over others.

These endless personal attacks on TK that have been going on recently against the club is pointless, nasty and needs to stop immediately.

I'm out.
MCB

We're not a very good at looking forward are we? Maybe that's why we're stuck in the past.

Instead of building up Supporters Representation within the club where we can actually look at ownership, succession, and so on some people prefer to throw chicken related insults. It's massively counter productive as it 100% fails to give us any opportunity to think long term return to Barnet. Some people need to think how petty their continued insults at the club, the chairman and other fans fail to achieve anything rather than make them feel a little more smug behind their keyboards.

This should be entirely about the Daggers - which is a saddening case as their possible demise is down to petty vendettas as well - the money men standing down due to North Korean flags rocking up at games, secret emails from the board to fans, and so on. Although it appears that they have no debts (so plenty of hope) they also can't afford wages in the next couple of months - with this Saturday being their last home game until August - and some think, forever.

Daggers used to be my non-league club I used to go see when Barnet played away long distance. great little club, loved the social club, hated going there with Barnet as we never won. But decent fans, and of course poor John Still and Darren Currie as the management team.

http://www.barkinganddagenhampost.co.uk ... -1-5377037

Wonder what we'd make of John Still and Darren Currie taking over our management in the summer? :?:
DerekRocholl

MCB wrote:We're not a very good at looking forward are we? Maybe that's why we're stuck in the past.

Instead of building up Supporters Representation within the club where we can actually look at ownership, succession, and so on some people prefer to throw chicken related insults. It's massively counter productive as it 100% fails to give us any opportunity to think long term return to Barnet. Some people need to think how petty their continued insults at the club, the chairman and other fans fail to achieve anything rather than make them feel a little more smug behind their keyboards.

:
I think you are being a little hard on X-Bumble there Moonchild.

It is always difficult to get people to think about contingencies and succession if it is going to require some effort. Putting on rose tinted glasses is so much easier. A case in point being X-Bumble's massive over-reaction to Norfolk's perfectly sensible point about the dependency of the club on TK and his wider business interests being a risk to the club's future.
DerekRocholl

MCB wrote:We're not a very good at looking forward are we? Maybe that's why we're stuck in the past.

:
I think you are being a little hard on X-Bumble there Moonchild.

It is always difficult to get people to think about contingencies and succession if it is going to require some effort. Putting on rose tinted glasses is so much easier. A case in point being X-Bumble's massive over-reaction to Norfolk's perfectly sensible point about the dependency of the club on TK and his wider business interests being a risk to the club's future.
hoofer2

The past is important as it determines why we are at the Hive now and the financial stability it brings for better or worse.

It all started when our most successful season in History - promotion to the 3rd tier was undermined by the off field shenanigans with Flashman and Fry.
If the football league vote had not gone our way to remain in the Football League, I fear we could have gone the way of Enfield, Wealdstone, Aldershot, Maidstone,
Newport County etc. The off field revenue is something we lacked for years - even Enfield had the Starlight Rooms !

We all look back with misty eyes about players being paid out of fruit machines, Barry Fry driving a tractor at Christmas and the like - but football has changed,
not necessarily for the better, where professionalism goes to Tier 5 and even beyond.
alexbach

hoofer2 wrote:The past is important as it determines why we are at the Hive now and the financial stability it brings for better or worse.

It all started when our most successful season in History - promotion to the 3rd tier was undermined by the off field shenanigans with Flashman and Fry.
If the football league vote had not gone our way to remain in the Football League, I fear we could have gone the way of Enfield, Wealdstone, Aldershot, Maidstone,
Newport County etc. The off field revenue is something we lacked for years - even Enfield had the Starlight Rooms !

We all look back with misty eyes about players being paid out of fruit machines, Barry Fry driving a tractor at Christmas and the like - but football has changed,
not necessarily for the better, where professionalism goes to Tier 5 and even beyond.
Thank you hoofer. Antidote to the bickering and point scoring

Sent from my 5046Y using Tapatalk
alexbach

Non league daily post just emphasised how dire Daggers situation is. Hopefully they can reach a compromise

Sent from my 5046Y using Tapatalk