Newport County (Hive) The Match Thread Clutching at Straw

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Newport County (Hive) The Match Thread Clutching at Straw

So.... Saturday sees the bees returning to League Ewe action, with our hopes of survival dented by not being able to hold on to a leek, sorry lead up in Coddington.

It's fair to say that, with the bees 5 points adrift with three games to go the time has come for you to place a horse shoe above the door, grab a rabbit's foot and a four leaf clover and pray that Grimsby don't win any of their remaining fixtures.

Next up it is Newport County, and I know that lazy welsh jokes upset some, but somewhat sheepishly I have to admit that some have slipped in to the thread. County are a perfect example of what a small club can do with a competent approach to the football side of their business, and like Accy an example to follow in terms of what is needed to be successful in this league. In some games this season we have been lambs to the slaughter while in others we have put up more of a fight, but teams like Newport and Accrington have managed a consistency we are yet to see but for a rarebit.

In terms of team lineup, while having Nelson creaking at the back is an accident waiting to happen, we need Sweeneybauer further forward to strengthen our paper thin midfield so:-

---------------------------Stephens---------------------------

----Brindley-------Santos------Nelson-------Tutonda------

------------------------Sweeney--------------------------------

-------------Watson---------------Weston----------------------

---Coulthirst----------------------------------Nicholls----------

-------------------------Akinde------------------------------------

Subs: Ross, Clough, Payne, Fonguck, Akpa-Akpro, Kyei, Shomotun

Already feeling nervous about this one, time to avoid black cats and ladders. COYB's :y:
jerroll

Re: Newport County (Hive) The Match Thread Clutching at Stra

Like that line up apart from Ross will be in goal!, no Jack Taylor on the bench?
Bee_Forever

jerroll wrote:Like that line up apart from Ross will be in goal!, no Jack Taylor on the bench?
was tempted but I am not sure he will impact off the bench.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
NoMagRyan

Stephens in goal? He's still injured isn't he?
jerroll

NoMagRyan wrote:Stephens in goal? He's still injured isn't he?
check bee_ forevers last 6 previews - he has had Stephens in all of them!!
Bee_Forever

Not sure how injured Stephens is...

bigjohnakinde

Maybe one day you'll realise Stephens isn't going to play...
bigjohnakinde

The fact that people still choose Watson in the starting 11 is staggering. He is one of the most incompetent footballers I have ever seen.

Constantly hoofs the ball aimlessly, set piece delivery atrocious - and that's not forgetting his hairdo.
Bee_Forever

The 123 fans at Grimsby were treated to the Watson man-bun. Very millennial of him.

Actually for that he deserves dropping.

Bring on Jack Taylor!

jerroll

bigjohnakinde wrote:The fact that people still choose Watson in the starting 11 is staggering. He is one of the most incompetent footballers I have ever seen.

Constantly hoofs the ball aimlessly, set piece delivery atrocious - and that's not forgetting his hairdo.
Whatever league we are in next season the Midfield needs throwing in the bin & completely replaced- even Curtis has probably run his race here!
rudebwoyben

jerroll wrote:
bigjohnakinde wrote:The fact that people still choose Watson in the starting 11 is staggering. He is one of the most incompetent footballers I have ever seen.

Whatever league we are in next season the Midfield needs throwing in the bin & completely replaced- even Curtis has probably run his race here!
You're absolutely right. Curtis has not been anything like his old self since he came back from injury and I have come to the conclusion that at the end of the season we ought to thank him for the 6 years of sterling service he has given us and wish him well.

As for Watson, I've said it many times before but he has no sense of positional awareness to make a positive impression either offensively or defensively, which means that on many occasions the game just passes him by. He really isn't good enough for either this level or the one below it.
Unfortunately, I have a horrible feeling that he will be offered a new contract at the end of the season.. :*(:
NoMagRyan

Honestly I'd rather Nelson took dangerous free-kicks around the box than Watson
#Beebot

My biggest problem with Watson is his very frustrating habit of turning his back to goal every time he receives the ball. It gifts the opposition time to close him down and slows attacks. It also makes it a lot more difficult for him to distribute the ball when he gets it. I'm surprised that three sets of Premier League academy coaches never got round to eradicating this habit from his game as it's pretty detrimental to himself and the team.
becbee

Bee_Forever wrote:The 123 fans at Grimsby were treated to the Watson man-bun. Very millennial of him.

Actually for that he deserves dropping.

Bring on Jack Taylor!

Home to FGR we had the Watson floppy haired look in the first half then the white hairband in the second half.
Maybe he's currently thinking up a new hair-do in readiness for Saturday!
barnetpete

Get them all down the barbers and shave it all off.

Didn't a team at the W/Cup or Euro's do that one year? All turn up for their first game with skin heads?
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,