Newport County (Hive) The Match Thread Clutching at Straw

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
CrawleyBee

Re: Newport County (Hive) The Match Thread Clutching at Stra

#Beebot wrote:
adher36 wrote:
#Beebot wrote:I was resigned to our fate after today's results but after watching that Grimsby penalty decision I'm genuinely angry. How dare the referee award a penalty for that. It wasn't even a subtle or intelligent dive, it was just a player throwing himself to the floor with no opposition player near him.
Instead of getting angry about referees at matches dozens of miles away, how about get angry at the disgraceful Barnet players who have got manager after manager sacked because they are incapable of taking some responsibility for their own performances.

It is disgusting that they decide to turn up (and play really well) when they want to, just because they like Allen. It is the players (and Rossi) that have gotten the club into this mess - not the Chairman, Nugent, McGhee, or Westley. Just so annoying seeing the players put in a performance like yesterday, or the second half at Grimsby (with the exception of Weston's moment of stupidity in his own penalty area) when if they just listened to what their previous managers had asked of them, they would be comfortably sitting in mid table.
While this season has involved multiple failures on our part, if we finish one or two points below them then they will have stayed up as a result of cheating.

Failures on our part are irrelevant to that. As bad as we've been, if they only finish above as as a result of cheating then they deserve to go down, simple as.

I'm as angry as anyone about some of the inexplicable failings this season but that's a separate debate to opposition players cheating and if you're going to use words like "disgusting" and "disgraceful" they'd be better used towards cheats and lazy refs who buy their cheating.
not watched the penalty, but would have you taken it if it was us in their position? I sure would have...
Formerly Watfordbee
#Beebot

watfordbee wrote:
#Beebot wrote:
adher36 wrote:
#Beebot wrote:I was resigned to our fate after today's results but after watching that Grimsby penalty decision I'm genuinely angry. How dare the referee award a penalty for that. It wasn't even a subtle or intelligent dive, it was just a player throwing himself to the floor with no opposition player near him.
Instead of getting angry about referees at matches dozens of miles away, how about get angry at the disgraceful Barnet players who have got manager after manager sacked because they are incapable of taking some responsibility for their own performances.

It is disgusting that they decide to turn up (and play really well) when they want to, just because they like Allen. It is the players (and Rossi) that have gotten the club into this mess - not the Chairman, Nugent, McGhee, or Westley. Just so annoying seeing the players put in a performance like yesterday, or the second half at Grimsby (with the exception of Weston's moment of stupidity in his own penalty area) when if they just listened to what their previous managers had asked of them, they would be comfortably sitting in mid table.
While this season has involved multiple failures on our part, if we finish one or two points below them then they will have stayed up as a result of cheating.

Failures on our part are irrelevant to that. As bad as we've been, if they only finish above as as a result of cheating then they deserve to go down, simple as.

I'm as angry as anyone about some of the inexplicable failings this season but that's a separate debate to opposition players cheating and if you're going to use words like "disgusting" and "disgraceful" they'd be better used towards cheats and lazy refs who buy their cheating.
not watched the penalty, but would have you taken it if it was us in their position? I sure would have...
I suspect if you watch it you might feel differently. It's genuinely embarrassing.
Barnetchris

Not sure what game a month or two ago at the Hive when an opposition player went down when no one around him and they scored a free kick from the resulting foul, similar to the Grimsby penalty?.
Sam_BFC

In the second half of our game yesterday Coulthirst had a strong penalty appeal. (I wasn't sure myself if it should have been)
becbee

I remember 5 years ago going all the way to Torquay only for the match to be postponed about an hour before kick off due to a waterlogged pitch. Torquay knew rain was forecast yet had still watered their pitch that week because they wanted the match postponed by 3 days to give their 2 injured players more recovery time and to give our players all that extra travelling. It was cheating. And of course they won on the Tuesday and escaped relegation at our expense.

I was pleased when they were relegated the following season, it seemed Karma. Now they've been relegated again. Even more Karma.

Is it unkind to wish for the same for Grimsby?
CrawleyBee

becbee wrote:I remember 5 years ago going all the way to Torquay only for the match to be postponed about an hour before kick off due to a waterlogged pitch. Torquay knew rain was forecast yet had still watered their pitch that week because they wanted the match postponed by 3 days to give their 2 injured players more recovery time and to give our players all that extra travelling. It was cheating. And of course they won on the Tuesday and escaped relegation at our expense.

I was pleased when they were relegated the following season, it seemed Karma. Now they've been relegated again. Even more Karma.

Is it unkind to wish for the same for Grimsby?
Like we tried to do for the Port Vale game as Pope was injured. So many Ifs and buts the fact is we have thrown away easy points time and time again this season.
Formerly Watfordbee
foxy

My friend using myexpat.co.uk.... however now u can watch sky go in EU probably will never need to use again as it is a fiver a month.

The obvious thing is to simply just go to the game instead!
gafferbee

Saw the pen quickly on Channel 5 last night and didn’t realise how bad the decision was. That clip is shocking. There’s clear daylight between the two players when he hurls himself to the floor.

I’d be embarrassed if we benefited from a pen like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
barnetpete

gafferbee wrote:Saw the pen quickly on Channel 5 last night and didn’t realise how bad the decision was. That clip is shocking. There’s clear daylight between the two players when he hurls himself to the floor.

Andy Hessenthaler won us a pen with a blatant dive in a key game, I don't remember anyone moaning then.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
LeftSideRun

Sam_BFC wrote:In the second half of our game yesterday Coulthirst had a strong penalty appeal. (I wasn't sure myself if it should have been)
In my (heavily biased) eyes, it looked like a stonewall penalty and a straight red.
pgbee

barnetpete wrote:
gafferbee wrote:Saw the pen quickly on Channel 5 last night and didn’t realise how bad the decision was. That clip is shocking. There’s clear daylight between the two players when he hurls himself to the floor.

Andy Hessenthaler won us a pen with a blatant dive in a key game, I don't remember anyone moaning then.
We won't be relegated (if we are) by dodgy penalty gifted to Grimsby yesterday, the referee should be down graded though...
ETBee

Do we really deserve to stay up? Leaving aside the quality of the football. We only had 1816 spectators yesterday, the next lowest in L2 was around 3300 and about half the NL games attracted bigger crowds. It's not all about cost.
letchbee94

Strange feeling yesterday, we did our bit and won and deservingly so but knowing Grimsby had won took the shine of it slightly.
becbee

ETBee wrote:Do we really deserve to stay up? Leaving aside the quality of the football. We only had 1816 spectators yesterday, the next lowest in L2 was around 3300 and about half the NL games attracted bigger crowds. It's not all about cost.
If we use attendances as the relevant factor then Morecambe deserve to be relegated more than we do. Our average home attendance this season is 1957, theirs is only 1488.
There again, Accrington's are also below us with 1852 yet Chesterfield are 6th in the table with 5374.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/leag ... ttendances