Richard Soer

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
john dockers shorts

Re: Richard Soer

Having seen the photos I absolutely recognise Richard, one of those chaps I have seen at football for years don't know each other by name but always the customary nod of acknowledgement.
John Hunt

Hiveoccupier wrote:Here's another picture of Richard this time with a young Steve Smart. As you say Reckless always smiling and always a part of things Barnet FC.
Richard Soer and Steve Smart.JPG
Steven Skinner
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
DerekRocholl

hendon4bee wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:Here's another picture of Richard this time with a young Steve Smart. As you say Reckless always smiling and always a part of things Barnet FC.
Richard Soer and Steve Smart.JPG
Steven Skinner
Thanks John I’m going senile.
shankbee01

john dockers shorts wrote:Having seen the photos I absolutely recognise Richard, one of those chaps I have seen at football for years don't know each other by name but always the customary nod of acknowledgement.
This is was how I knew him too. Not by name but always a hello at or outside away games. Really sad news. RIP and my condolences to those close to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spanker Ridley

C6D6DB66-5501-41AC-AC4F-70539F78E678.jpeg
C6D6DB66-5501-41AC-AC4F-70539F78E678.jpeg (90.26 KiB) Viewed 3215 times
Morecambe away 2005 with Eric.
X-Bumble

Very sorry to hear this Reckless. He was a great guy and always appreciated for his endless support for KBA.
MCB

It's nice for MA to pick up this. And although I didn't know Richard I picked up on the same thing from people's comments, he was an extremely friendly happy guy with a positive mental attitude.

https://www.barnetfc.com/news/2018/apri ... ort-match/
John Hunt

That is class Martin Allen - pure class.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
alexbach

hendon4bee wrote:That is class Martin Allen - pure class.
It really is. Hope to refer to some of your quotes in the Chesterfield programme

Sent from my 5046Y using Tapatalk
gurd_smfc

Only just heard this evening the devastating news and feel compelled to post a few words.

First met Richard through work in 2005 (I did same job as him but for West Midlands region rather than Greater London which was his patch) and he insisted on taking me for a few pints at Euston after my first meeting at head office. It was no surprise then that once we dicovered we had mutual interests like football, beer, politics and music that we became good friends. In those days he took me under his wing and we shared many hours in the pub talking about all of the above and more; there was always a genuine, positive buzz about the place whether in or out of work when he was around. It was obvious that has was Barnet through and through, he had an infectious zest for life and I never wanted to leave the pub when he was around (so much so that so he caused me to miss my last train back to Birmingham on a few occasions!) but it was Richard so I didn't mind.

I started to lose touch a little when he moved away from London but was overjoyed when he got together with Debbie and I knew they were so happy as a couple.

I've been a season ticket holder at Solhull Moors FC since our inception in 2007 (Moor Green FC fan before that) so we often exchanged the odd meesgage about football particularly when we started to do well in the old Conference North a few years ago (probably a natural place for a club of our size, fan base resources etc) We joked about the possibility of our respective clubs being drawn together in a cup competition one day so that we could meet up before/after and it brings a tear to my eye thinking (unfortunately for you) that is a real possibility now but he's not going to be around to witness it.

I wish you all the best in your quest for league survival; Richard epitomised the very best of Barnet FC, everything that we love about football at this level and life, I'll be sharing in the 60th minute applause with you while at our last away game at AFC Fylde on Saturday and hope to meet/see some of you at the funeral.

RIP brother x
Reckless

Richard's Day for your information

Thursday 3rd May 3pm
West Suffolk Crematorium - just out side Bury St Edmonds.
Family Flowers only please.
Donations to:
MacMillan Cancer Unit, West Suffolk Hospital
c/o Hyde-Chambers Funeral Home
58 Kings Road
Bury St Edmonds Suffolk
IP33 3DJ

Thanks Reckless
Berlinbee

Gutted to hear about this. Rest in Peace Richard. Always enjoyed our chats about Corbyn and politics at half time and your energy and enthusiasm for all things Barnet. You'll be sorely missed. x
Monsieur Abeille

I well remember his enthusiasm for the KBA cause, good dedicated supporter
Reckless

http://reckless-guide-to-barnet.blogspo ... l.html?m=1

In memory of Rich, who we say goodbye to on Thursday, a little light Sunday reading on Richards all time favourite player.
Paddy was upset when I told him as he knew how much Rich admired him. Great player was Paddy.