Sun Article

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Masuka

Sun Article

I know this paper might be a swear word to a lot of people but they ran an interesting little article on us today in their EFL pull-out.
Once a Bee ALWAYS a Bee
Beearsed

Re: Sun Article

If, like me, you cannot stomach going onto the Sun website the Guardian has a good feature on MA today:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... league-two

Amazing how much the media loves him!! At least the appointment is generating some interest in the club whereas previously the season seemed to be ending with a whimper.
NorthFinchleyBee

There are some great quotes in that Guardian article:

"Ah yes, the players. One of the first things Allen did was drastically trim the squad, which had somehow ballooned to 43 players, once triallists, non-contract players and others were taken into account."

“I can’t have that amount in training sessions,” he says. “It was like a scene from ‘Zulu’ – they were coming from everywhere. It was like: ‘Who are you? Which position do you play?’ I put them all up on the noticeboard and there were about five right-backs, nine centre-backs, five goalkeepers. I thought: ‘I can’t deal with this.’ I had to be pretty ruthless.”

Apart from it being my favourite film, you can't blame him for saying that. Every single game I've been to has seen our opposition with a smaller squad than us. It's a rhetorical question, but how did we get to a squad of 43?
LoudmouthBFC

Be interesting to see if any of the lot that came in (backroom staff) with Agent Westley are all gone as well.
alexbach

so he sang "men of harlech" with someone taking the richard burton narrator role
Norfolk & Chance

Surprised that zulu comment hasn't had the snowflakes shouting racist!!

Ahhh, but only when it suits eh?
becbee

Norfolk & Chance wrote:Surprised that zulu comment hasn't had the snowflakes shouting racist!!

I've never actually seen the film but weren't there both black and white men fighting in it, therefore how could it be a racist comment?
rudebwoyben

Norfolk & Chance wrote:Surprised that zulu comment hasn't had the snowflakes shouting racist!!

Not really. Zulu depicts the Zulu army attacking a small British force in overwhelming numbers. That’s all.
NoMagRyan

Also because it's not racist.
OB1
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

rudebwoyben wrote:

Not really. Zulu depicts the Zulu army attacking a small British force in overwhelming numbers. That’s all.
Barry Fry apparently made a similar comment whilst he was manager at Birmingham City when he took his players for a pre-season training run on Dunstable Downs.
Prediction League Champion 2019/2020
LoudmouthBFC

:laugh:
MCB

Also a decent one in the Mail as much as I dislike the paper - more from a TK perspective:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ouple.html

And confirming that MA's 5th turn in charge is the highest in our country: https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -same-club

And as ever a good article from http://twohundredpercent.net/fifth-times-charm-barnet/
letchbee94

Martin was also on EFL Matters on sky sports.

Good to get some media coverage.
BeesKnees99

The same snowflakes that cry over a cheeky bit of goalkeeper abuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pauln50

And confirming that MA's 5th turn in charge is the highest in our country

There is also an article about the most times a manager has been sacked from a club. Barry Fry gets a mention saying that Stan Flashman sacked him 37 times. Obviously from experience we know that Stan would put the figure much lower!!
But does anyone know the exact figure and would it give Barnet another dubious record?