Immediate changes by MA - squad of 20

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
ealingbee84

Re: Immediate changes by MA - squad of 20

He needs to quickly beat a style of football into some players in a short space of time so I can understand wanting only a squad of 20.I imagine this is the start of his trimming of the squad over the summer if he stays. Many contracts will not be renewed, many out on loan or on free transfers. Any savings you can get from loans enables extra money for other player salaries even if you still end up paying half their salary and the other club the other half.
BeesKnees

Team is going to be interesting,

Who will partner Nelson at the back?

Who are the squad of 20?
16 from the last game if you exclude Akinola and Mackenzie-Lyle.
Add Legg and Nelson, but who are the other two that are being included from the rest of the squad?
Shomotun? Sule? Blackman?
What about Fonguck or one of the three returning from injury (Taylor, Johnson or Tarpey?)
ETBee

It won't take long for him to say "When you get the ball just hoof it up to Big John." Having watched some of his training sessions that's all he seems to do.
StephenM

ETBee wrote:It won't take long for him to say "When you get the ball just hoof it up to Big John." Having watched some of his training sessions that's all he seems to do.
As long as he gets victories he can do it in whatever style he wants.
MCB

BeesKnees wrote:Team is going to be interesting,

Who are the squad of 20?
Add Legg and Nelson, but who are the other two that are being included from the rest of the squad?
Reliably informed it's Luisma & Jude Stirling.
Letsbeehavinyou

what on earth were the club thinking allowing trialists into the club at a time when the squad size is already 40+ ??? some serious mis management has gone on over the past few months MA looked stunned and bewildered during that interview at what he had walked into.....no wonder morale and results were so bad it must have been like first day at school with new faces turning up left, right and centre............anyway at least some professionalism is back like MA says if we go down at least it'll be with a fight now. Root and branch analysis required in the summer.
Letsbeehavinyou

MCB wrote:

Who are the squad of 20?
maybe a 3-5-2 of ross, brindley, tutonda, nelson, santos, sweeney, weston, taylor, fonguck, akinde, nicholls.............
#Beebot

LoudmouthBFC wrote:
MCB wrote:
Mate you're not thinking Jordan Brown, close to the the worst left back we've ever had that left years ago? The one that PF crazily preferred to Elliott Johnson? If you're just googling Brown & Barnet he'll probably come up, but he hasn't been with us for a while.

Unless we had Danny Brown signed up for life?

No it was this Jordan Brown.
Is there a source for this other than Wikipedia? This signing doesn't seem to have been announced anywhere.
Agewills

Is Nelson going to be match fit though? I agree we need a leader on the pitch and someone to organise the defence, but if he's not fit then it's a bit risky starting him?
jerroll

Agewills wrote:Is Nelson going to be match fit though? I agree we need a leader on the pitch and someone to organise the defence, but if he's not fit then it's a bit risky starting him?
surely he has been doing all the training with the 1st team while he hasn't been playing -makes his non appearance at Hendon seem more nonsencial.
LoudmouthBFC

#Beebot wrote:
LoudmouthBFC wrote:
MCB wrote:
Mate you're not thinking Jordan Brown, close to the the worst left back we've ever had that left years ago? The one that PF crazily preferred to Elliott Johnson? If you're just googling Brown & Barnet he'll probably come up, but he hasn't been with us for a while.

Is there a source for this other than Wikipedia? This signing doesn't seem to have been announced anywhere.

From what I was told by someone who works very close with the club. Can't say no more as I will get them in hot water and I won't be told any more HAHA
LoudmouthBFC

Letsbeehavinyou wrote:
MCB wrote:

Who are the squad of 20?
maybe a 3-5-2 of ross, brindley, tutonda, nelson, santos, sweeney, weston, taylor, fonguck, akinde, nicholls.............

3-5-2 with a number 10 can work with this squad. I don't know if that's what MA will do. It's a newish system, mad dog will keep it simple I think.
#Beebot

Will be very surprised to see anything other than 442.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
#Beebot

Letsbeehavinyou wrote:what on earth were the club thinking allowing trialists into the club at a time when the squad size is already 40+ ??? some serious mis management has gone on over the past few months MA looked stunned and bewildered during that interview at what he had walked into.....no wonder morale and results were so bad it must have been like first day at school with new faces turning up left, right and centre............anyway at least some professionalism is back like MA says if we go down at least it'll be with a fight now. Root and branch analysis required in the summer.
Given how light on quality the squad is I don't think having trialists was necessarily a bad idea.

#Beebot

LoudmouthBFC wrote:
#Beebot wrote:
LoudmouthBFC wrote:
MCB wrote: Mate you're not thinking Jordan Brown, close to the the worst left back we've ever had that left years ago? The one that PF crazily preferred to Elliott Johnson? If you're just googling Brown & Barnet he'll probably come up, but he hasn't been with us for a while.

From what I was told by someone who works very close with the club. Can't say no more as I will get them in hot water and I won't be told any more HAHA
Looking at his record he seems like the sort of player who could have offered something given the lack of options up top.