The Officers' Club Podcast - NEW EPISODE - St Martin's Day

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Evanstribe

The Officers' Club Podcast - NEW EPISODE - St Martin's Day

The Officers' Club Podcast - NEW EPISODE OUT NOW! - St Martin's Day:

"Stathi Stivaros is joined by Will Evans, Tom Bodell and Jonathan Blakie to discuss the news that Martin Allen has returned to manage the Bees for a staggering fifth time. The panel chat about the appointment, dissect the short-lived Graham Westley era and answer your questions."

You can listen on iTunes, Acast, or check out the Soundcloud link below:

https://soundcloud.com/officers-club/st-martins-day

Let us know your thoughts below, or on Twitter at @barnet_podcast. You can also visit our website at: http://officersclubpod.com/

Enjoy!

Will.
MCB

Re: The Officers' Club Podcast - NEW EPISODE - St Martin's D

Enjoyed that, good timing, and also highlighted this from TK's statement:
I soldiered on trying to think of a solution and had a chat with Barry Fry who immediately recommended Graham Westley. I knew our supporters would not take to Graham as he had managed our local rivals but I had known him a long time and he always came across to me as thoughtful and committed. I also called Paul Fairclough, who is always there to lend a helping hand, for his views on our position. He immediately identified the need for a high impact manager so I ran the idea of appointing Graham by him. He echoed my sentiment regarding the fans response and we talked about other possibilities but I was left to conclude that Graham was the best available choice.
Which translates as "I called PF, asked for opinion, listened to it, and then completely ignored it, yet it was later shown to be 100% correct"

Which begs the question, why speak to him, why ask for his advice if you're going to completely ignore it.

You're not a better footballing man than PF Tony...
PAC66

Excellent listen as usual, and its a very engaging style and the flow works well between the 4 of you. Also great you are on ITunes now - makes it easy to download for my commute. I have some difficulty remembering who is who when the discussion gets going but apart from that its good mix of opinions and views - even though not one of you predicted Akinola as someone who would wake up on Monday morning with dread at the return of MA - but not sure anyone saw that coming!
Tuesds

PAC66 wrote:Excellent listen as usual, and its a very engaging style and the flow works well between the 4 of you. Also great you are on ITunes now - makes it easy to download for my commute. I have some difficulty remembering who is who when the discussion gets going but apart from that its good mix of opinions and views - even though not one of you predicted Akinola as someone who would wake up on Monday morning with dread at the return of MA - but not sure anyone saw that coming!
I remember someone on here 3 or 4 years ago reported that they’d seen Allen at a Braintreee game and chatted to him. He said he was there to look at Akinola, but Akinola hadn’t made any impact on the game. So it may have been seen coming by whoever that was, and anyone sad enough to remember it (i.e. just me)