Who will Martin Allen make Captain ???

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
bee33

Who will Martin Allen make Captain ???

Any suggestions who should be made captain or deserves to be captain after recent games ??
jerroll

Re: Who will Martin Allen make Captain ???

I would expect Curtis to continue unless Nels is wheeled out again.
barnet1958

Dan Sweeney - and if any player is not giving 100% he'll soon let them know.
bee33

barnet1958 wrote:Dan Sweeney - and if any player is not giving 100% he'll soon let them know.
I agree with you. I'd go for Sweeney too, hopefully MA will keep him as CB as he looks very tidy there and deserves more credit.
ninestein

I think it will be Weston. Can't see Nelson being match fit. Curtis will start every game if he stays fit. I'd rather Sweeney carries on the good work he's been doing in adapting to a new position. Don't add that extra responsibility to him just yet. However, he strikes me as being future captain material, maybe an option for next season.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
NoMagRyan

ninestein wrote:I think it will be Weston. Can't see Nelson being match fit. Curtis will start every game if he stays fit. I'd rather Sweeney carries on the good work he's been doing in adapting to a new position. Don't add that extra responsibility to him just yet. However, he strikes me as being future captain material, maybe an option for next season.
Agreed
tomrose72

If Sweeney can improve his discipline then I think he could make a decent captain in the future. We've seen him get booked/suspended for some foolish actions, which shouldn't be the example set by a captain.
bee33

NoMagRyan wrote:
ninestein wrote:I think it will be Weston. Can't see Nelson being match fit. Curtis will start every game if he stays fit. I'd rather Sweeney carries on the good work he's been doing in adapting to a new position. Don't add that extra responsibility to him just yet. However, he strikes me as being future captain material, maybe an option for next season.
Agreed

I think now is a good time just as when ever. It worked for Cesc Fabregas and Steven Gerrard at such a young age and made them better players.
I'm no way comparing Sweeney to Fabregas and Gerrard and I don't think it will add extra responsibility. If anything it will make him a much better player and give him a brighter future.

He has certainly been a hidden gem and full credit to GW in using him in that position and giving him belief.
DerekRocholl

It definitely should be Weston.

I think a lot of people are going OTT about Dan Sweeney. It is good to see someone playing with real passion and adapting well to the challenge of playing in a new position. He has a lot of rough edges, and has cost us his share of the points lost in recent games. He needs to focus on his own game before being asked to take on the challenge of captaincy.
MCB

Quite. It's great to see us adapt someone who most of us were calling 'a footballer in name only' at the beginning of the season (and pointedly frozen out) and turn himself into a player of potential. However, he still needs to stamp out the errors, the erm, stamping and glaring temperamental issues, the lack of concentration and learn to adapt to his new role AND league football before taking on the additional responsibility of captaining a club fighting for their lives.

He would only do it literally.

Curtis has been there and done that, and he'll be starting under Mad Dog. Wouldn't surprise me to see Sweeney dropped for a back 3 of the Tin Man, Santos and Clough for the height they bring in.
amberforever

Watson aka...Flock of seagulls.
hoofer2

Weston as club captain for sure. When not on pitch then Sweeney
CrawleyBee

So it’s Sweeney!
Formerly Watfordbee
jerroll

watfordbee wrote:So it’s Sweeney!
impressive turn around from first 3 months of the season for him.
MCB

MCB wrote:Quite. It's great to see us adapt someone who most of us were calling 'a footballer in name only' at the beginning of the season (and pointedly frozen out) and turn himself into a player of potential. However, he still needs to stamp out the errors, the erm, stamping and glaring temperamental issues, the lack of concentration and learn to adapt to his new role AND league football before taking on the additional responsibility of captaining a club fighting for their lives.

He would only do it literally.

Curtis has been there and done that, and he'll be starting under Mad Dog. Wouldn't surprise me to see Sweeney dropped for a back 3 of the Tin Man, Santos and Clough for the height they bring in.
I know sod all.

Also, only ever made 12 league appearances. Some kind of a record?