What was your favourite time we hired Martin Allen?

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

What was your favourite time we hired Martin Allen?

1st time
14%
2nd time
11%
3rd time
18%
4th time
20%
5th time
16%
6th time (probably 30th December 2018)
20%

Total votes: 44

letchbee94

Re: What was your favourite time we hired Martin Allen?

The first time he came back (2011) those 3 games was brilliant we was down and got the club and fans buzzing again.
ninestein

Every time MA has come into the dugout, his arrival has made us fans look forward to our next match. So... who's looking forward to Luton?
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
NoMagRyan

ninestein wrote:Every time MA has come into the dugout, his arrival has made us fans look forward to our next match. So... who's looking forward to Luton?
Genuinely gutted I can't go and haven't thought that about a Barnet game I've had to miss for a while
Jon83

ninestein wrote:Every time MA has come into the dugout, his arrival has made us fans look forward to our next match. So... who's looking forward to Luton?
I think we'll get stuffed on Saturday. Once Luton is out of the way, MA can get to work on winning 7 out of 7.
amberforever

When we won 2-1 at Burton to stay up, standing behind the goal.....(which spell?) Never have I jumped around among a crowd so jumping around before. It's weird, its almost like you cant fall over....great day.
PBBee

amberforever wrote:When we won 2-1 at Burton to stay up, standing behind the goal.....(which spell?) Never have I jumped around among a crowd so jumping around before. It's weird, its almost like you cant fall over....great day.
That’s the most happy I’ve been as a Barnet fan I think (shows how little we’ve had to celebrate). I couldn’t get the smile off my face for weeks & must have watched Mark Hughes’ volley at least 10 times daily for the same amount of time.
shankbee01

amberforever wrote:When we won 2-1 at Burton to stay up, standing behind the goal.....(which spell?) Never have I jumped around among a crowd so jumping around before. It's weird, its almost like you cant fall over....great day.
I think I’m still trying to shake off the hangover from that day. Being chased through Finsbury Park at 3am after someone threw a bottle at us only added to the occasion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VossaBee

No doubt the second time, every hiring after that have felt kind of bittersweet, I've never forgiven completely him for ditching us for Notts County

I'll never forget the exact moment BBCs reporter, in Martin Allens first interview as Notts County manager, mentioned the club had sacked six managers in the previous 18 months... His facial expression was simply priceless :rofl:
I felt so overjoyed by his reaction I simply had to screenshot it, so it could put a smile on my face whenever I felt down...

Hopefully he'll once again call forth those emotions, while still at the club :D
hoofer2

VossaBee wrote:No doubt the second time, every hiring after that have felt kind of bittersweet, I've never forgiven completely him for ditching us for Notts County

I'll never forget the exact moment BBCs reporter, in Martin Allens first interview as Notts County manager, mentioned the club had sacked six managers in the previous 18 months... His facial expression was simply priceless :rofl:
I felt so overjoyed by his reaction I simply had to screenshot it, so it could put a smile on my face whenever I felt down...

Hopefully he'll once again call forth those emotions, while still at the club :D
We're running that stat close now !
MCB

Just so you all know the poll is still running. You can change your vote if needbe. It's neverending. But I may run out of space for a 7th & 8th time.
bridgybee

Just discovered this poll and added my vote.

Sorry if I’m being thick, but how was this thread originally posted in March yet refers to Allen leaving for Chesterfield in June?
bridgybee

Oh, I see now, that was part of the last edit. Duh!

Just makes the OP seem like a clairvoyant.
Norfolk & Chance

bridgybee wrote:Oh, I see now, that was part of the last edit. Duh!

Just makes the OP seem like a clairvoyant.
Clairvoyant? Certainly to guess Chesterfield, but everything else was pretty much nailed on. :D
underhillbovrilstink

2nd stint was amazing for that 2-2 comeback draw against runaway leaders Chesterfield... under the floodlights at Underhill, a 17:15 kick at IIRC ? One of many great Underhill memories.

Have we found our new MartinAllen in Currie by John Still (Peter Shreeves) standing aside for his assistant ?
#Beebot

underhillbovrilstink wrote:2nd stint was amazing for that 2-2 comeback draw against runaway leaders Chesterfield... under the floodlights at Underhill, a 17:15 kick at IIRC ? One of many great Underhill memories.

Have we found our new MartinAllen in Currie by John Still (Peter Shreeves) standing aside for his assistant ?
6pm Saturday KO, was an odd one!