Luton Tickets

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
DerekRocholl

Re: Luton Tickets

beew wrote:
john dockers shorts wrote:I can never understand why we can take 800+ to Stevenage but awful support to a team the same distance.
Maybe because it's a hell hole of a ground that's difficult to get to. Also on TV which means many will watch it at home/local pub.
It's almost as easy and quick to get there as it is to get to Stevenage.

Ticket sales aren't helped by the fact that there always seems to be a load of fuss about how to buy them compared to just turning up and paying on the day, the seating given to away supporters is really poor (stuck to old standing terraces and with inadequate leg room) and we tend to go with limited expectations of a positive result. The fact that it is televised tomorrow obviously doesnt help.
ninestein

Stevenage is more accessable, easier to park (and free), the view from the away end is better, and most important of all... We've actually won a game at Stevenage!
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
john dockers shorts

One of my favourite football grounds... Bit cramped but a proper stadium certainly not a hell hole.

We always 500+ to Northampton so I don't buy into the argument about ease of travelling. Obviously TV will knock some off.
beew

Hiveoccupier wrote:
beew wrote:
john dockers shorts wrote:I can never understand why we can take 800+ to Stevenage but awful support to a team the same distance.
Maybe because it's a hell hole of a ground that's difficult to get to. Also on TV which means many will watch it at home/local pub.

Ticket sales aren't helped by the fact that there always seems to be a load of fuss about how to buy them compared to just turning up and paying on the day, the seating given to away supporters is really poor (stuck to old standing terraces and with inadequate leg room) and we tend to go with limited expectations of a positive result. The fact that it is televised tomorrow obviously doesnt help.
Stevenage, direct trains from Barnet but Luton means going via Kings X or Mill Hill Broadway. Although it's cheaper to get to Luton on the train? Both a decent walk from the station but old town Stevenage is good.
becbee

Hiveoccupier wrote:
beew wrote:

Completely agree.
In my case, there's a question mark over whether or not my daughter's workman will have finished in time for her to go. If we could have paid on the day it wouldn't have been an issue but I'm not prepared to take the risk of paying for a ticket which she might be unable to use.
I also find the atmosphere at Luton to be different to any of the other L2 grounds, I just don't enjoy matches there.
But yes, it's the fact I can still watch, albeit on TV, which finally decided me.

Stevenage is even easier to drive to, the car parking is far easier ( except when the circus is there!) and there's usually a good atmosphere in the away end.