Hive visit advice for Belgian Bees

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
BelgianGuest

Hive visit advice for Belgian Bees

Hi all,

Possibly a bit of an unusual topic here, but we wanted to get all the do’s and don’ts for the our Hive visit on the 17th of March.

We’re three Belgian guys who got an eye on the Bees via some FIFA sessions – I think cult hero Graham Stack might have been involved there, history’s a bit vague. Either way, we started keeping track of the results of Barnet, cheering on the highs and mourning the lows. After some contemplating, we decided to turn our virtual support into a more vocal one and have planned a trip to the Hive for the Wycombe home game – one that undoubtedly will be fondly remembered as one of the historic victories in the Great Escape of 2018.

Via this way, we wanted to check in on all the advice you could give us. Which stand offers the best atmosphere? Where to go for a pregame bite and drink? What chants should we memorize? Any other advice to keep in mind when supporting the Bees? Looking forth to your tips and tricks and many thanks in advance!
BGr

Re: Hive visit advice for Belgian Bees

What’s an atmosphere?
BGr

... I jest. In terms of somewhere to drink, it’s either the ground or one of the very few options in Edgware. The Three Wishes is cheap but a bit lifeless. The Hart (next to the Premier Inn) is a bit more atmospheric but was closed for refurbishment - I’m not sure if it has reopened yet. It has (had?) a pool table and dart board if you’re into that type of thing. A bit further afield, the Globe in Baker St is a famous football pub - usually frequented by fans on their way to Wembley, as it is a short jubilee line ride away. Our Ground is 4 stops after Wembley at Canon’s Park.
MCB

Welcome aboard! Have you been in touch with Village who organises all our overseas fans network?

You'll need to bring a flag with you to donate to his display which he'll exhibit at all home games (I don't know his contact details though, someone will).

Stick your details here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=58&start=315

You'll be wanting to do your drinking at the Hive, i'd recommend getting West Stand tickets as close and high to the central blocks as possible.

Welcome aboard, we're not normally this miserable! (May or may not be true :D )
John_c

MCB wrote:Welcome aboard! Have you been in touch with Village who organises all our overseas fans network?

You'll need to bring a flag with you to donate to his display which he'll exhibit at all home games (I don't know his contact details though, someone will).

Stick your details here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=58&start=315

You'll be wanting to do your drinking at the Hive, i'd recommend getting West Stand tickets as close and high to the central blocks as possible.

Surely he's got a Belgian flag? He's got a Zambian one!

I use Tapatalk like the cool kids
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
MCB

John_c wrote:Surely he's got a Belgian flag? He's got a Zambian one!

I use Tapatalk like the school kids
Being blunt, i've no idea what a Belgian flag looks like :unsure:
StephenM

John_c wrote:

Who here hasn't got a Zambian flag? He's nothing special.
Last edited by StephenM on 26 Feb 2018, 21:53, edited 1 time in total.
John_c

StephenM wrote:
John_c wrote:

Who here hasn't got a Zambian flag? He's nothing special.[/quote]: -)

Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
ETBee

I guess that being Belgian you like a good beer. Sadly the Hive is located in a beer desert - north west London. Best to just drink st the Hive and meet a few other Bees fans and then after the game get to Barnet and the Old Mitre Inn for some decent beer in a great pub with a few fans.

17 March is St Patrick's day of course so a visit to an Irish pub is essential. Try Mc & Sons in Union St, Southwark. Good Thai food too. Maybe a bit out of the way, though.

Wherever you go have great day!
Itai-bee

Don’t forget to abuse the players at the final whistle. That’s become quiet a Barnet tradition this season.....And that’s if we win.
John Hunt

Add John Adkins on Facebook. He will make you welcome.

Maybe visit Barnet before hand. Our spiritual home is being demolished but you can see the skeleton of the stadium while it is in progress. Drink in the Mitre / Weavers / Red Lion and catch the shuttle bus to the Hive.
Last edited by John Hunt on 27 Feb 2018, 09:43, edited 1 time in total.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
antbfc

Itai-bee wrote:Don’t forget to abuse the players at the final whistle. That’s become quiet a Barnet tradition this season.....And that’s if we win.
oh fuck off
DerekRocholl

hendon4bee wrote:Add John Adkins on Facebook. He will make you welcome.

Maybe visit Barnet before hand. Our spiritual home is being demolished but you can see the skeleton of the stadium while it is in progress. Drink in the Mitre / Weavers / Red Lion and catch the shuttle bus to the Hive.

Never really associated The Red Lion with a Barnet home game, The Old Red Lion yes, but that is now closed of course.
ETBee

"Maybe visit Barnet before hand. Our spiritual home is being demolished but you can see the skeleton of the stadium while it is in progress. Drink in the Mitre / Weavers / Red Lion and catch the shuttle bus to the Hive."

You'll have trouble getting a drink at the Red Lion, it was demolished about 3 years ago and is now 6 ugly expensive houses which they can't seem to sell.
alexbach

additionally message me your details and you will receive a message in the programme notes

sir elton john once recorded just like belgium
it sank like a stone