Hive visit advice for Belgian Bees

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
BelgianGuest

Re: Hive visit advice for Belgian Bees

Thanks for all the hints and advice - more for more always welcome - I'll get back to you asap Alex. West Stand it will be!
alexbach

Thanking you

Sent from my 5051X using Tapatalk
JWTBee

Definitely go to the top of the West Stand! My seat will be vacant as unfortunately I will be missing this game as I will be in Spain! You are welcome to use it.There should be quite a good atmosphere as we are playing Wycombe who will bring around 500 I would think.

I hope that you enjoy your first of many visits to The Hive.
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
John Hunt

I meant the Red Lion / Stonehouse / Ex Toby Carvery whatever it is now called!
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
BelgianGuest

Tickets booked and ready to go!

People mentioned to add John Adkins on FB - just to be sure, is he on there with his own name or am I just a poor detective?
MCB

https://www.facebook.com/john.adkins.16503

Village is lovely, maybe let him know who you are when you add him.
John Hunt

Of course it is St Patricks Day too.

There is a good Ska / Reggae band on if you like that sort of thing in the Chandos Arms , Colindale. Free entry.

It features the saxophonist from Madness - Lee Thompson if you like that sort of thing.

Colindale is only two stops on the Northern Line from Edgware which is easily accessible by bus from the Hive.

Have a safe journey over and enjoy your trip.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
alexbach

hendon4bee wrote:Of course it is St Patricks Day too.

There is a good Ska / Reggae band on if you like that sort of thing in the Chandos Arms , Colindale. Free entry.

It features the saxophonist from Madness - Lee Thompson if you like that sort of thing.

Colindale is only two stops on the Northern Line from Edgware which is easily accessible by bus from the Hive.

Hope you enjoyed. Had you got back to me, you would have been named

Sent from my 5046Y using Tapatalk
alexbach

alexbach wrote:
hendon4bee wrote:Of course it is St Patricks Day too.

Hope you enjoyed. Had you got back to me, you would have been named

Sure Mr Hunt was skanking

BelgianGuest

Hi Alex – I had sent you a personal message two weeks ago, not sure what went wrong there. My apologies for the miscommunication but I suppose we’ll keep it for a next time cause…

Well, we had a blast, despite the frostbite.

It was a great day out. As advised (thanks for that) we kicked off with a visit to The Globe and came to the stadium nice and early. We must say that this is an impressive infrastructure. I get that leaving a ground where you’ve left your heart and soul hurts but what you got in return is impressive. It always takes time to make a stadium really ‘yours’ and good results help in that process, but that’s a quality place to call home. We enjoyed the venue, the friendly volunteers and I’ve picked up a great Barnet shirt – allowing my mates to say “I disgrace it even more than Clough” whenever I give a pass into nowhere (which happens quite often). The atmosphere in the opening half was all we could be looking for – lovely Final Countdown sequence there.

The game itself showcased the idiom of ‘a game of two halves’ in the roughest way possible. If that ball would’ve gone in from Akinde… But ‘if’s don’t bring you anywhere. After the break, there was the penalty and then it all kind of collapsed. All in all, it came across as a team missing confidence. Wycombe wasn’t too impressive (Akinfenwa is a really shit John Akinde) although their midfield had a few elements that exceeded the average – such as that nr 22.

On the Bees – it’s a bit of a mixed bag. Ross might be a good shotstopper but he missed every high ball. In the back, the lack of left foot from Sweeney hurts him majorly if he’s so pivotal in the build-up – although his heart can’t be questioned. We were quite fond of Tutonda, a player who’s above average and Brindley made some decent runs – however, they both would show more in a side that plays dominant. The midfield problems are clearly still there, how Watson ended up MotM was beyond us. Bover is the kind of player that really not suits the league – his free kick on the biggest chance was admirable (why isn’t he giving them all) but he’s easily bullied out of the game. He’s got something, but I’m not sure if you can use it. All in all, the midfield lacked both ideas and composure. In attack, there’s little I can say about Shaq as we’re still not sure whether he played. Nicholls was industrious but not always precise. John Akinde, even when he missed that shot, is at first sight our key player. He can keep a ball up front. However, the lack of confidence is visible in him as well, with two, three occasions where he should’ve headed it or shot on goal but hesitated.

With a coach opting to bring up someone like Clough, it all transpired a bit of fear. I don’t know Allen enough to know whether he can make the miracle happen. There’s a lot of games against direct rivals left and none of them can get lost or it’s relegation road. No one wants to go down so I hope the side can regroup and make it happen – it will take something completely different in the middle of the pitch and I don’t know if this group has it. Then again, dropping might not be the damnation it sometimes is. Just like the team, the stands seemed a bit punchdrunk after the 0-2 (understandable, if the team I support at home took it on the chin like that week in, week out, I’ld be the same). It’s a club that needs regrouping to blossom at this point. You could say that dropping and returning to being a winning team could do that. Then again – why wouldn’t a miraculous escape do the same? See you all a next time, hopefully in the League (and hopefully with above-zero temperatures).