Akinde 'penalty'

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Devon_Bee

Re: Akinde 'penalty'

Itai-bee wrote:The goalkeeper stood his ground and jumps. Which he’s entitled to do.
I would say John got to the ball first and the keeper arrived after taking John out, which makes it a penalty.
djhdjh

Anywhere else on the pitch if two players go for a loose ball, one player gets the ball and the other player misses the ball but hits the player, it is a foul.
Devon_Bee

Basically the referee was weak, and rubbish. And his bald linesman was no better.
beew

Devon_Bee wrote:Basically the referee was weak, and rubbish. And his bald linesman was no better.
I have to agree. The lino was rarely in line with the last defender and was clearly guessing decisions.
WinchyBee

Can't believe how people are debating this, one player wins the ball, the other doesn't and in the meantime takes out the player who touched the ball..
Devon_Bee

beew wrote:I have to agree. The lino was rarely in line with the last defender and was clearly guessing decisions.
To give that 50/50 that was a matter of feet from him as a foul, and then the referee to give a yellow card for it was just a joke.

Going by that, the 'penalty' decision should've been a red for the goalkeeper.
RichardM

Devon_Bee wrote:
Itai-bee wrote:The goalkeeper stood his ground and jumps. Which he’s entitled to do.
I would say John got to the ball first and the keeper arrived after taking John out, which makes it a penalty.
Agreed.
becbee

I think we just appealed for a penalty out of desperation, plus the fact that Accrington had been given a fairly soft one and so we just hoped. It was the ref's weird behaviour following the incident which blew everything out of proportion.
It would have been worse still if we'd been given a penalty then missed it.
Devon_Bee

becbee wrote:I think we just appealed for a penalty out of desperation, plus the fact that Accrington had been given a fairly soft one and so we just hoped. It was the ref's weird behaviour following the incident which blew everything out of proportion.
I felt we were due a penalty, even if it was weak, due to their weak penalty at the other end. All you ask is consistency from the referee, and so a weak penalty at each end would be consistent.

(Or consistently rubbish...)
Last edited by Devon_Bee on 20 Feb 2018, 13:40, edited 1 time in total.
Devon_Bee

becbee wrote:It would have been worse still if we'd been given a penalty then missed it.
I hope John has learnt from his Uber casual penalty miss and will stick to just languid taking from now on.
JWTBee

Devon_Bee wrote:
becbee wrote:It would have been worse still if we'd been given a penalty then missed it.
I hope John has learnt from his Uber casual penalty miss and will stick to just languid taking from now on.
That's OK providing the goalie goes the wrong way! Otherwise it looks awful! However he almost always seems to send the goalie the wrong way! I prefer the Harry Kane method - hard & low into the corner!
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
WinchyBee

So I wrote to the EFL about this incident and apart from a lengthy email about the decision making process etc I received this....

'In response to the points you raise, we have liaised with the Referees’ Manager and would advise that this was a very difficult decision to make in real time. The Barnet player gets to the ball only a fraction of a second before the Goal Keeper and with only one chance to view every incident, and no benefit of replays, the modern referee has a sometimes difficult task.'
ccollis_869

WinchyBee wrote:So I wrote to the EFL about this incident and apart from a lengthy email about the decision making process etc I received this....

'In response to the points you raise, we have liaised with the Referees’ Manager and would advise that this was a very difficult decision to make in real time. The Barnet player gets to the ball only a fraction of a second before the Goal Keeper and with only one chance to view every incident, and no benefit of replays, the modern referee has a sometimes difficult task.'
He would have missed it anyway
Psycho

Who was that black fella in Mike Bassett who hadn't scored in three years and had a penalty to take England to the World Cup? He skied it and at the time everyone said he was like Andy Cole, now he's reminding me of Akinde. Sorry, Big John! :doh: