Amazulor

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Mike

Amazulor

Does anyone know what happened? Came on for 15 minutes and ten was subbed. was he injured? odd
LoudmouthBFC

Re: Amazulor

Mike wrote:Does anyone know what happened? Came on for 15 minutes and ten was subbed. was he injured? odd

He was subbed due to being a Donkey.
Mike

That's funny and sad
moortownbee

He took one for the team, Westley but Clough on to ensure we got a point.
CrawleyBee

Good decision by Westley, anything to protect the point. Liking what I see so far.
Formerly Watfordbee
mcleod23

Not sure it was taking one for the team, he was a liability losing the ball each time it went forward. Change had to be made. Shame for him.
rudebwoyben

It was a pretty dreadful 10 minutes by him. He was eased off the ball without difficulty a couple of times when we were in promising positions.
John Hunt

I thought it unnecessary and potentially soul destroying for the young lad. There were others he could have taken off first.

The kid had just lost the ball and tracked back all the way to the halfway line to get a tackle in. He is not a donkey.

Other than that i liked what i saw on Saturday.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
barnetjohn

I think the other posts pretty much answer this. I don't think he was injured, so I can only assume it was because we needed to try to protect the point. If we wanted to take a striker off, I can see why he wanted to keep Akinde on because he is good at holding the ball up which helps you retain possession when you under pressure and your defenders are shelling it long. Amalazor did get eased off the ball (good way to describe it) a couple of times.

It's true that it probably doesn't do a young player's confidence a lot of a good to get taken off after 10 minutes, but I guess Westley had to prioritise saving the point. For me, if anything the bigger puzzle is why he brought Amaluzor on to start with. He isn't the strongest player, and is quite inexperienced- so I'd have thought he's not the sort of player you'd want to bring on in that match situation when you are clinging on; he's the sort of player you might bring on if you want an extra striker and/or to roll the dice a bit.
ninestein

He brought Amaluzor on for the last 10 mins to try and freshen things up in attack. As we approached injury time Lincoln were putting us under a lot of pressure. Bringing Clough on was a sensible move. Leaving Akinde on was the right decision. Westley took a moment to have a few words with Justin when he came off, probably to explain his decision. For me it was purely a tactical sub.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
becbee

Which was more important on Saturday - not hurting Amaluzor's feelings or ensuring that we didn't concede another very late goal and hurting everybody?
Jon83

He didn't appear to be injured. It was the right decision for the team.

Regardless of age, he isn't good enough (at the moment) to be involved at this level. Vilhete / JCR should've come on and played up top with JA.
hoofer2

It was a big ask to ask a player who has not featured anywhere near the first team for a while to hit the ground running with 10 mins to go - for me it was the fact he was not match conditioned and was behind the play. I do not bellieve Amazulor is ready to challenge at this level yet, but we have also seen other players struggle as a sub this season too when coming on. We have seen Akinde miss many one on ones with keeper / tap ins too and think it's harsh to call Amazulor a donkey .

It would have been far better to have brought on more experience with players we know can keep ball upfield - Vilhete and JCR, but if the chance had been converted we would have been calling Amazulor a hero.

I think GW wanted to see if Amazulor could fulfil the role as a supersub / impact striker who'll get goals as opposition tires - on this evidence not this season. It will be interesting to see which players will be asked to leave at end of season as TK has said this will happen.
WinchyBee

Felt sorry for him but he's obviously doing the right things in training hence the call up to the first team.
He's a raw talent and will get another chance, felt sorry for him but it's a team game and Clough was needed to sure up the defence as we faced the second half onslaught, could have been managed a little better though, perhaps.
LeftSideRun

Maybe Nicholls would have gone off if Justin hadn't got himself booked.

No news of Akinola being sold yet. I don't understand why he wasn't in the squad.