Luke Coulson

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Norfolkbee

Luke Coulson

Being tipped for a move back into the League this window. What went wrong there FFS? Never got a real look in at Barnet, despite having obvious talent of the kind currently lacking in most of the squad. Please don't say some you win, some you lose.
https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.c ... g-leagues/
jerroll

Re: Luke Coulson

Norfolkbee wrote:Being tipped for a move back into the League this window. What went wrong there FFS? Never got a real look in at Barnet, despite having obvious talent of the kind currently lacking in most of the squad. Please don't say some you win, some you lose.
never looked interested from day 1 , never tried to beat his man and kept turning back & passed the ball backwards
Norfolkbee

jerroll wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:Being tipped for a move back into the League this window. What went wrong there FFS? Never got a real look in at Barnet, despite having obvious talent of the kind currently lacking in most of the squad. Please don't say some you win, some you lose.
never looked interested from day 1 , never tried to beat his man and kept turning back & passed the ball backwards
Are we talking about the same player?
jerroll

Norfolkbee wrote:
jerroll wrote:
yes the bloke we signed from Eastleigh who never completed 90 mins in a Barnet shirt - I saw all the games he played bar Carlisle away.
Norfolkbee

jerroll wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:
jerroll wrote:
yes the bloke we signed from Eastleigh who never completed 90 mins in a Barnet shirt - I saw all the games he played bar Carlisle away.
He always seemed comfortable on the ball and took his time to pick a pass. More than some do at the moment. Looked like he needed a proper run in the team, which he should've had at the end of last season.
Itai-bee

I always got confused watching him.I heard so many good thing about him.Decent on the ball.
Didn’t look like a typical winger to me. Not much pace and never really seemed to get involved.
Maybe it was a confidence thing.
beew

Was never played in his prefered position. ...where have seen that before
Norfolkbee

My biggest question was: Who signed him? TK on PF's recommendation? RE and HN (but most unlikely)? Or MA (just making sure there was money at Eastleigh to pay his enhanced salary)?
becbee

Norfolkbee wrote:My biggest question was: Who signed him? TK on PF's recommendation? RE and HN (but most unlikely)? Or MA (just making sure there was money at Eastleigh to pay his enhanced salary)?
What does this matter now?
He seemed like a good signing at the time but for whatever reason he never looked good enough when he was with us. If he does get a second chance in EFL then I hope it works out for him.
Norfolkbee

becbee wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:My biggest question was: Who signed him? TK on PF's recommendation? RE and HN (but most unlikely)? Or MA (just making sure there was money at Eastleigh to pay his enhanced salary)?
What does this matter now?
He seemed like a good signing at the time but for whatever reason he never looked good enough when he was with us. If he does get a second chance in EFL then I hope it works out for him.
Can't see how you can say he "never looked good enough" without him getting the real chance to show it. However, as you say, he will probably get another chance - and probably at a higher level.
mcleod23

He was so slow, passed ball sideways and backwards. Not one supporter cared that he went. Good for him if he does well, did nothing for us though.
Norfolkbee

:D
mcleod23 wrote:He was so slow, passed ball sideways and backwards. Not one supporter cared that he went. Good for him if he does well, did nothing for us though.
So he didn't run round like a headless chicken? :laugh:
kingpinfid

jerroll wrote:
Completely agree, a winger who doesn't even try to beat the full back isn't a winger, I'm my opinion.
#Beebot

beew wrote:Was never played in his prefered position. ...where have seen that before
He was never not played on the wing.