Lincoln (Hive) The Desperation Will Always Take Over Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Norfolk & Chance

Re: Lincoln (Hive) The Desperation Will Always Take Over Thr

jamiefrbees wrote:
Norfolk & Chance wrote:I'm not sure stating we're odds on to go down us whinging.
6 points adrift and 18 games to go with teams directly above us improving supports the comment imo.
If we stay up it'll be bordering on a miracle I'm afraid.
Teams above us improving....someone hasn't been monitoring the Crewe and Morecambe scores clearly.

We will not go down! So many points still to play for and our squad is so much better than most in this division
It's a good point.
Yeovil sucked in too as Shankbee mentioned.

The Yeovil game in Feb is likely to be massive!!!

I happen to agree with you to an extent but with regard to odds, we have to be odds on to go down.
john dockers shorts

I left full of optimism.

Man of the match was Dan Sweeney the words I thought I'd ever say. A monster at the back and played the ball out.
barnetboy1

aclassman wrote:Forest Green score 5

We are doomed
3 of their goals from debutants...they're buying their way out of trouble!
barnetboy1

We are doomed
finchleyman

I thought we would lose today but we didn't. In the first half, a rejuvenated Bees made Lincoln look decidedly average and we went in at half time with a superbly taken Big John goal. We were generally sharper, first to the ball (except for Shaq) and we played fairly high up the field. In particular Dan Sweeney played well and he, Santos and Curtis held the middle together. I was so pleased to see Tutonda back in the squad and both he and Brindley played well on the wings.

But the second half was a different story. Lincoln scored in the first minute of the second half after a serious error by Sweeney (I think) when he headed the ball out of the arms of the keeper to a Lincoln player, heads went down and legs started to tire. It looked a dead cert for another late winner for the opposition but we hung on and so gained a point today - the first point this year.

I was totally disappointed in Shaq. Since Big J has returned Shaq has looked a shadow of his former self and doesn't seem to know where to play. He gave the ball away a lot, didn't rise for headers, was generally second to the ball and stayed out of tackles, ran into the wrong places and looked completely out of sorts. If he was bad, his replacement Justin Amaluzor was even worse and in the short few minuets he was on the park he managed to get a yellow card for an unnecessarily rash challenge. Curtis played well and Jack had a quiet game. Watson and Nicholls were OK and they had been told to shoot from distance which is something we have singularly failed to do this season.

MOM has to be Dan Sweeney despite the error that led to their goal (which I am not sure about). I was pleasantly surprised.

At least this Saturday night won't be quite so depressing as in the past.
LeftSideRun

Just saw the goals on Sky - Akinde's was even better than I thought. The goal we conceded was from a free header at a corner - criminal. Watson was the nearest player but hard to see if it was his man as the guy was in so much space. Brindley tried to head it away but instead took it away from Ross' dive. In the build up to the corner Nicholls gave the ball away from our kick off, we won it back, Nicholls unwisely played it back to Santos, who was in the left back position and made a hash of the clearance. Maybe that's when Sweeney headed it behind? Either way, an utter shambles all round.

Agree with MotM Sweeney - did not think I'd be saying that before kick off! Looks like he might make that place his own.

Santos continues to be a problem, although he did well under the second half barrage.

Weston set the tone and made a big difference with his work rate and commitment. Big John won more headers in the first 20 mins than the last 3 games. Watson had his best game in centre mid, possibly inspired by the performance of his skipper. Why did Bover come on instead of Mauro?! He was a liability. Sorry, no way he should be in at centre mid. Far too weak.

Nicholls started the game well and came close to scoring but was poor in the second half. Should've been subbed. When will Nana Kyei get a chance?!

Feel sorry for Amaluzor - he had a 'mare. Is there a deal for Akinola, do you think?! Madness he wasn't on the bench, otherwise. Shaq was really out of sorts, as others said.

Ross did well. Taylor played very well out of position and linked well with Brindley, who put over a few good balls in the first half from the right wing. Tutonda showed that he should be our left back - a solid performance but maybe not as many forays forward today.
LeftSideRun

DanieleAccurso wrote:Match report: Barnet 1-1 Lincoln City- A much better display but deficiencies still loom large. Player ratings included. Feedback appreciated as always!

https://dansblogtime.wordpress.com/2018 ... uch-to-do/
Decent report.
dawat

More good points from this game than bad I think! Nice to see players previously pilloried contributing so well during the match, good for their self esteem and good for the team's strength in depth. As for the points behind other teams issue, ignore it. What matters is how many point Barnet get from now on. All teams cannot win week after week and some will start to slide down the table as other rise up it.
All we have to concentrate on is trying to win every match, whether home or away, no matter who we play. Let others start to worry about playing Barnet as our unbeaten record builds up! As I said before, as long as we get the minimum number of points needed to stay up, where we are now is just a conversation piece which I hope lulls other teams into thinking we are three points in the bag when they play us!
hoofer2

john dockers shorts wrote:I left full of optimism.

Man of the match was Dan Sweeney the words I thought I'd ever say. A monster at the back and played the ball out.
Followed a close second by Watson...

Good to see Nelson playing a big part in preparation. I am sure he had some influence regarding team selection.

We looked better at set pieces today with attacking headers. The corners just needed to be taken earlier so attackers still on move when ball arrived. Brindley and Tutonda were great at fullback.

Midfield struggled in second half, but I thought Akinde showed great leadership in trying to organise those around him. Regarding the subs, I would have brought Campbell Ryce on instead of Bover and Vilhete instead of Amaluzor. Get them to keep ball and run at tiring defense would have kept ball further up pitch.

A good point.
Psycho

barnetboy1 wrote:

We are doomed
So will Yeovil with them reaching the fourth round of the FA Cup and their tie with Manchester United being live on BBC. They must be making a fortune.

They'll bring in quality players we can't afford.
CrawleyBee

dawat wrote:More good points from this game than bad I think! Nice to see players previously pilloried contributing so well during the match, good for their self esteem and good for the team's strength in depth. As for the points behind other teams issue, ignore it. What matters is how many point Barnet get from now on. All teams cannot win week after week and some will start to slide down the table as other rise up it.
All we have to concentrate on is trying to win every match, whether home or away, no matter who we play. Let others start to worry about playing Barnet as our unbeaten record builds up! As I said before, as long as we get the minimum number of points needed to stay up, where we are now is just a conversation piece which I hope lulls other teams into thinking we are three points in the bag when they play us!
Nice positive post. We move onto the next game.
Formerly Watfordbee
Mickbee

When I saw the line up I feared the worst. But I have to say credit to GW he's done more with that team team in 4 days than MM did in his time in charge. An excellent first half in which we could have got a second.If we'd played that well in our previous games without the ball, we wouldn't be in the shit we are now. Its a long time since I've seen a Barnet team team work so hard pressing, closing down and tackling. No wonder Brindley and Weston went down with cramp after 70 minutes!.Hardly suprising Lincoln were pressing towards the end, a couple of weeks ago we know what would have happened.
The only downside were the other results.
Last edited by Mickbee on 20 Jan 2018, 22:00, edited 1 time in total.
Itai-bee

Excellent effort.
Early days, but we now look like we’ve got a manager who understands how to play in this division.
Already, in such short time.You can see that Westley has worked on certain areas that we’ve lacked in the past.
We attacked corners better. We wasn’t afraid to have a shot at goal.Most importantly. We competed all over the pitch for 90 mins.
I thought Sweeney at centre half was a outrageously brave decision.
It’s nice to have a manager, who brings energy and positivity into his interviews. That must rub of onto the rest of the squad.
I think if we now just focus on ourselves. We’re going to be ok.
pgbee

Mickbee wrote:When I saw the line up I feared the worst. But I have to say credit to GW he's done more with that team team in 4 days than MM did in his time in charge. An excellent first half in which we could have got a second.If we'd played that well in our previous games without the ball, we wouldn't be in the shit we are now. Its a long time since I've seen a Barnet team team work so hard pressing, closing down and tackling. No wonder Brindley and Weston went down with crap after 70 minutes!.Hardly suprising Lincoln were pressing towards the end, a couple of weeks ago we know what would have happened.
The only downside were the other results.
"Went down with crap" ! Did everyone have to look away?
ninestein

No shortage of commitment out there. We were worthy of our half time lead. Disappointing to concede so early in the 2nd half. We should have cleared our lines and instead we concede the corner.

I have no issue with us hitting the ball longer so long as we do it at the right time, and when we do get hold of the ball in the final third we use it wisely. We need to get Shaq's confidence back where it was in late August. Goals are what is going to keep us up.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!