Lincoln (Hive) The Desperation Will Always Take Over Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
jerroll

Re: Lincoln (Hive) The Desperation Will Always Take Over Thr

JWTBee wrote:Good Vlog! I spoke to you after the game & we agreed that it was much better although there is still room for improvement.What has happened to Shaq? He is a shadow of the player earlier in the season. GW did well apart from his substitutions.I would have brought on JCR instead of Bover & where were Akinola,Fonguck & Sule?
Sule walked past with an ice pack after his withdrawl against enfailed on tuesday.
amberforever

LoudmouthBFC wrote:
JWTBee wrote:Good Vlog! I spoke to you after the game & we agreed that it was much better although there is still room for improvement.What has happened to Shaq? He is a shadow of the player earlier in the season. GW did well apart from his substitutions.I would have brought on JCR instead of Bover & where were Akinola,Fonguck & Sule?

Cheers pal. We can only hope Shaq finds forum again. The subs made was very questionable.
After a shaky start to the season, he hit a patch when he was really on fire. Hopefully when confidence returns fully to the team we will see it again! Onwards and upwards!

We don't have to fear anyone.....only the teams above us! :....:
barnetjohn

Jon83 wrote:
letchbee94 wrote:Most enjoyable game since the Exeter game at the Hive especially the first half where every player was getting stuck in and was looking up for it.
One thing that did annoy me slightly was when it looked like Ross was trying to waste time (If he was not then I take it back) which is not so bad if winning but we was level at the time.
We were time wasting / slowing the game down during the first half. Tutonda was ‘encouraging’ people in the crowd to not throw the ball back too quickly when he was taking his throw ons. It was noticeable that more or less all of the players tried to slow the game down.

Good performance from us. Lots for GW to build on. Akinde was in ‘beast mode’ which we haven’t seen for some time.
Agree with this and what Reckless said. I think it wasn't just about running the clock down (though that didn't hurt) and more about trying to slow down the tempo of the game. In a different way, this is what the German national team were experts at the in 1990s- not by slowing down restarts to play or time wasting, but by slowing things down when they had the ball.
becbee

amberforever wrote:
We don't have to fear anyone.....only the teams above us! :....:
Made me laugh anyway!
Tuesds

hoofer2 wrote: I saw a couple of incidents of gamesmanship influenced by Westley e.g. when he told Curtis Weston to sit down in second half so physio came on so he could give an impromptu team talk - not sure Weston felt comfortable doing this as he is a pro.
He is indeed a pro who plays the game in the right way, but anyone who's played under Martin Allen for several years is no stranger to being asked to do things which could be described as gamesmanship.

A good example of Weston's participation in such activities was Akpa Akpro's first goal for us at The Hive vs Accrington, to which the striker reacted by beginning to celebrate on the spot from where he scored. Weston recognised immediately that Akpa Akpro had either forgotten or not been told of Allen's orders that no matter who scores/where they score from/what kind of goal is scored, it must be followed by a jog to the corner flag and a gathering there of at least a few players. He literally put his arm round Akpra Akpro's neck and physically dragged him towards the corner flag, while trying to make it look as much like a spontaneous, joyful embrace as he could!
gowerfan

Danny Rowe who hit the bar in the second half on Saturday was one of our targets during the January 2017 transfer window. He was at Macclesfield at the time but ended up going to Ipswich.
beew

https://youtu.be/LsSGJ-6BIZU

Just seen this. The guy in the biege jacket and glasses @1.30 mins along with about 6 of his mates were in the Hive bar after the game as his son was arrested during the match and was driving them all home!! I helped them get to a hotel in Whetstone as, at the time felt a bit sorry for them. Seems like trouble follows them around lol. Not been reported on here but there was serious fighting and unrest during the game in the away end due to allocated seating, which upset a few. Our stewards once again took loads of abuse and unnecessary violence. I do feel for them at times. Can you imagine turning up for work and being told you have to go into the lion's den at these games!
Last edited by beew on 22 Jan 2018, 23:16, edited 1 time in total.
hoofer2

beew wrote:https://youtu.be/LsSGJ-6BIZU

Just seen this. The guy in the biege jacket and glasses @1.30 mins along with about 6 of his mates were in the Hive bar after the game as his son was arrested during the match and was driving them all home!! I helped them get to a hotel in Whetstone as,I at the time felt a bit sorry for them. Seems like trouble follows them around lol. Not been reported on here but there was serious fighting and unrest during the game in the away end due to allocated seating, which upset a few. Our stewards once again took loads of abuse and unnecessary violence. I do feel for them atmtimes. Can you imagine turning up for work and bing told you have to go into the lion's den at these games!
Bunch of dicks as well trying to be hard by standing in the aisles. It's how football is now. Get over it.
Imp Fan

Just seen this. The guy in the biege jacket and glasses @1.30 mins along with about 6 of his mates were in the Hive bar after the game as his son was arrested during the match and was driving them all home!! I helped them get to a hotel in Whetstone as, at the time felt a bit sorry for them. Seems like trouble follows them around lol. Not been reported on here but there was serious fighting and unrest during the game in the away end due to allocated seating, which upset a few. Our stewards once again took loads of abuse and unnecessary violence. I do feel for them at times. Can you imagine turning up for work and being told you have to go into the lion's den at these games!
I'm only going to post once on this forum but feel, as a genuine Imps fan, BFC deserve an apology for the behaviour of a small minority of our fans on Saturday- as do your stewards.

The events of the weekend has been pretty much number 1 topic on LCFC forums alongside action taken by Lincs Police
(4 arrests and 14 stadium ejections with more to come it seems).

https://twitter.com/LCFCLincsPol

For a large number of Imps fans, what should have been a really great away day didn't turn out like that and your stewards particularly were subjected to some pretty awful abuse for which apologies don't begin to cover it.

Life moves on and this will be yesterday's fish and chip paper to most but to the parents and children who were subjected to abuse by our own fans on Saturday, I doubt many of them will consider a day out with the kids to include watching LCFC in the near future.

Enjoy the rest of the season and good luck.
beew

Imp Fan wrote:

I'm only going to post once on this forum but feel, as a genuine Imps fan, BFC deserve an apology for the behaviour of a small minority of our fans on Saturday- as do your stewards.

The events of the weekend has been pretty much number 1 topic on LCFC forums alongside action taken by Lincs Police

For a large number of Imps fans, what should have been a really great away day didn't turn out like that and your stewards particularly were subjected to some pretty awful abuse for which apologies don't begin to cover it.

Life moves on and this will be yesterday's fish and chip paper to most but to the parents and children who were subjected to abuse by our own fans on Saturday, I doubt many of them will consider a day out with the kids to include watching LCFC in the near future.

Wow. I feel your pain. Thanks for the reply.
hoofer2

Imp Fan wrote:

It's a real shame as many Bees fans were impressed with the number of Lincoln fans who packed the terrace and the volume of the singing. It was a great game of football with both teams going for it and it's always a travesty when fans are more intent on spoiling for fight than watching the match. It's never good when there is aggression on the terraces and it's even worse if it's within own fanbase.

This is not the first time we have seen issues with people standing in the aisles and expect one big issue is to do with inconsistency in the way league 2 clubs deal with seating. At some grounds i.e The Hive you are expected to sit it your allocated seat (it's the only way we can give the illusion of a packed ground spreading the fans out), whereas many others it's sit where you like.
John_c

hoofer2 wrote:
Imp Fan wrote:

It's a real shame as many Bees fans were impressed with the number of Lincoln fans who packed the terrace and the volume of the singing. It was a great game of football with both teams going for it and it's always a travesty when fans are more intent on spoiling for fight than watching the match. It's never good when there is aggression on the terraces and it's even worse if it's within own fanbase.

This is not the first time we have seen issues with people standing in the aisles and expect one big issue is to do with inconsistency in the way league 2 clubs deal with seating. At some grounds i.e The Hive you are expected to sit it your allocated seat (it's the only way we can give the illusion of a packed ground spreading the fans out), whereas many others it's sit where you like.
It's all ridiculous. If they are prepared to goad the stewards then they need to be prepared to suffer the consequences.

Nice to see an away decent away fan on this thread. Even if he's from Lincoln.

I use Tapatalk like the cool kids
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
foxy

And that bell end (not John C for once!!!) in the Kingsbury Spoons beforehand!!

To be fair after the small incident we had - about 15 fans can up to us an apologised for his behaviour
jerroll

ninestein wrote:Who is this guy?
having googled old Stevenage team photos from when westley was there, he is Neil Withington - a fitness coach, it appears he was at Gillingham earlier in the season.