Lincoln (Hive) The Desperation Will Always Take Over Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Lincoln (Hive) The Desperation Will Always Take Over Thread

So..... after McGhee finally appointed a Head Coach to replace Rossi, we find ourselves 4 points adrift of safety with a manager who is, I think it is fair to say, not everyone's cup of tea.

Personally I am not at all happy about the appointment, and I think it ignores a lot of water under the bridge between Westley and the club, but if he managers to preserve our league hoof (c. Jerroll) then a lot will be forgiven.

In terms of team lineup this thread is hopefully going to be superseded by a raft of player signings but in the event that this is not the case this is the team I would go with.

------------------------Ross----------------------

--------Santos-------Nelson------Tutonda----

--Brindley----------------------------Vilhete--

-------Sule---------J. Taylor-----Weston------

-------------Coulthirst-------Akinde------------

Subs: RML, Clough, Watson, Fonguck, Akinola, Nicholls, JCR

I am going to this one, hopeful of more committed performance and a positive outcome. COYBS!
letchbee94

Re: Lincoln (Hive) The Desperation Will Always Take Over Thr

Looking forward to this especially with Lincoln expected to bring a big following, (I heard they had sold 1600 tickets so far) The noise they made back in September at Sincil bank was 1 of the best atmospheres and support I have heard in a league 2 game.
Should make for good atmosphere.
barnetboy1

I'll be there on Saturday full of hope and expectation that the Club have finally got their priorities right and got some Bovril in at the South/East Stand tea hut.
As far as the Football is concerned I have a sneaking suspicion, considering our history v Lincoln, that the outcome ain't going to be 0-0.
Let's hope there's no "Well,if they had VAR at Barnet they'd have had all 3 points, but these things balance themselves out at the end of the Season" instances.
No they fecking don't.
Just get a win.
3 points.

COYBeees FFS!!!!!
ninestein

Anyone know what Westley's preferred formation is?
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Mikel Bee

ninestein wrote:Anyone know what Westley's preferred formation is?
AIMITA t Big John
DerekRocholl

ninestein wrote:Anyone know what Westley's preferred formation is?
No idea but I’ve heard he likes his teams to come from behind.
WinchyBee

Can't wait for this one, COYB!!
hoofer2

The year when Lincoln last went down to the Conference they plummeted from comfortable mid table in January and an atrocious loss of form resulted in unexpected relegation. I hope as we are rock bottom, we will be the side that finds a run of form. Getting the defense to defend as a unit and not scatty individuals will be springboard for this. It will be interesting to see who GW will select as fullbacks and if he'll revert to 2 or 3 centre halfs.

If we do not get a result on Saturday we are in danger of becoming the team marooned at the bottom with a gradually increasing points deficit. As mentioned in another post, there are 19 games left with max 57 points to play for. Assuming 52 points is worse case safety threshold (I expect it'll be lower this season) we need to get another 32 points:

7 wins and 11 draws
8 wins and 8 draws
9 wins and 5 draws
10 wins and 2 draws
X-Bumble

I'd be happy with a draw to be honest. I'd love a win obviously, but if GW can stable the ship quickly, it gives us a platform to move from.
Last edited by X-Bumble on 18 Jan 2018, 17:25, edited 1 time in total.
talldarkslim

I agree with the last comment and a win seems to be a pipe dream at present
Jon83

Lincoln have sold their 1800 allocation.......

GW comes across well in his first interview. Some much needed positivity and talking about trying to win games. Much improved on MM.
beew

Jon83 wrote:Lincoln have sold their 1800 allocation.......

GW comes across well in his first interview. Some much needed positivity and talking about trying to win games. Much improved on MM.
Id expect we'll be opening up the West stand to their pay on the day fans. Some on the prediction thread might want to amend their attendance guesses.

I agree about GW. At least he gives the impression that he wants to be here and succeed. Not something that MM ever put across in his interviews.
Tuesds

The proof of the pudding will be in the eating, of course, but at least Westley is not getting his excuses in early and talking about how deep the problems are, how we need much better players etc, and is instead talking about the importance of making marginal gains, for example.

A contrast to McGhee, in fact, who talked the squad down, threw the baby out with the bathwater and chucked in 16 year-olds, chopped and changed formations etc. even though we weren't a million miles from getting results under Rossi and a long list of key players were returning from injury.

Maybe Westley will change his tune if we keep losing and he starts feeling the pressure, but let's hope it doesn't come to that...
JWTBee

Good positive interview! Much better than McGhee!
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!