Lincoln (Hive) The Desperation Will Always Take Over Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
talldarkslim

Re: Lincoln (Hive) The Desperation Will Always Take Over Thr

Today was much better and credit to GW and his team. However there were still too many defensive errors which a better team would have punished. We are now further adrift and certain to go down. We need anther striker as Shaq is a passenger. Watson looked like a proper player in the first half.
CrawleyBee

Did I imagine one of their fans partake in the most surreal pitch invasion ever? Dropping his trousers to his own supporters? Strange.
Formerly Watfordbee
pgbee

watfordbee wrote:Did I imagine one of their fans partake in the most surreal pitch invasion ever? Dropping his trousers to his own supporters? Strange.
Must pass for entertainment in the fens....
Psycho

Norfolk & Chance wrote: :D :laugh:

That's a shame. Sounded like a top bloke!
My preincarnation username on the old message board was a bit of a naughty boy on the party scene! I think I know who you mean :laugh: A gentleman never tells, well maybe tomorrow in a PM. Definitely hot and we're not talking about the curry! :P

Barnet's best price is 9/10 to go down. The bookies still have faith in us.
hoofer2

MCB wrote:
ninestein wrote:Who is this guy?
This a better pic? I've no idea who he is though.
Eddie Hitler
Mikel Bee

The transformation in our play and confidence today was impressive. Hitting it long when it made sense to, excellent defending, good communication. I'm no fan of GW but he's certainly made a positive impact.

I now see our massive squad as blessing in disguise however. If GW keeps playing with this intensity (even the pre match warm up looked exhausting) then we're going to require a lot of squad rotation.
hoofer2

Mikel Bee wrote:The transformation in our play and confidence today was impressive. Hitting it long when it made sense to, excellent defending, good communication. I'm no fan of GW but he's certainly made a positive impact.

I now see our massive squad as blessing in disguise however. If GW keeps playing with this intensity (even the pre match warm up looked exhausting) then we're going to require a lot of squad rotation.
Stamina training couldn't come a moment sooner. Too many seem to only manage about 70 mins. Time to toughen up
DerekRocholl

hoofer2 wrote:
Mikel Bee wrote:The transformation in our play and confidence today was impressive. Hitting it long when it made sense to, excellent defending, good communication. I'm no fan of GW but he's certainly made a positive impact.

Stamina training couldn't come a moment sooner. Too many seem to only manage about 70 mins. Time to toughen up
The players are as fit as any other squad in the Division.

The performances we have been seeing are down to lack of confidence and players coming back from injury.

Westley has a lot to work with if he gets things right.

I don’t think he will and would like to see him gone before it is too late,
CrawleyBee

Hiveoccupier wrote:
hoofer2 wrote:

The performances we have been seeing are down to lack of confidence and players coming back from injury.

You seriously suggesting another change?
Formerly Watfordbee
let_it_bee

I suppose, through gritted teeth, you have to give Westley a lot of credit for that performance. The team selection was crazy but it worked. Certainly we were a lot more competitive in midfield than we've been for quite a while, not least due to the return of Weston, but also the fact that all 4 of them were willing to really work their socks off. It's the first time I've been even moderately impressed with Watson - maybe he does have something about him that's he's been hiding from us all these weeks. Sweeney at the back is a big gamble due to his lack of experience, slightly suspect heading ability and tendency to dwell on the ball. But it worked well enough yesterday, so again credit to the manager for pulling that out of the hat - a move I don't think any of us had even contemplated. And Tutonda for Blackman - what a contrast! I thought he had a great game. Lots of criticism of Coulthirst, but be careful what you wish for, in light of what happened when he was substituted. I'm pretty sure he would have buried that chance that fell to Amaluzor. Ok, I know he's a bit low on confidence at the moment and hasn't really developed an understanding with Big John as we would have hoped, but I still reckon he's got that spark about him that can turn a game at any time, so still worth his place in the side.

Just such a shame that, as so often before, we made a sluggish start to the 2nd half and gave away such a dreadful goal - a completely unnecessary corner and then a free header. If we could have held them for those first crucial 15 minutes or so we might well have ground out the 3 points, as happened so often under MA, albeit you can't deny that a draw was a fair result in the end. Onwards and upwards, eh? At least it's something to build on.
dawat

Hiveoccupier wrote:

On a more realistic and positive note, I agree that our players are reasonably fit. The point is to play in the style that the manager rightly expects from them they need to be that bit fitter as every game from now on is a cup final until we have amassed enough points to relax with a few games to go! As for the comment on our new manager, you cannot be serious! His first game against a really good well manged side where we deservedly get a draw and with some luck could have managed a win, and yet you want him gone!!!!!
What is it with some people who have a 'dog in the manger' attitude to life? They would sooner see failure as long as they get their own way rather than have success if its achieved in a way they do not approve of! No individual, be it our manager, chairman or supporter is bigger than the club and its the club we all support not the title of those involved with it.
hoofer2

Hiveoccupier wrote:
hoofer2 wrote:

I disagree. Fitness and stamina also means not going missing, concentrating or switching off for long periods of the game. We tired greatly in the second half yesterday and could have conceded. The sense of urgency in our play was very clear yesterday and had been greatly lacking, and the commitment in a warmup manifests itself on the pitch during a match.

I saw a couple of incidents of gamesmanship influenced by Westley e.g. when he told Curtis Weston to sit down in second half so physio came on so he could give an impromptu team talk - not sure Weston felt comfortable doing this as he is a pro.

John Akinde's goal was fantastic and he he it so early, andfor me the Lincoln goal was a result of the midfield not being correctly positioned for the corner with too many standing at the near post. Think Westley will vastly improve organisation at set pieces, and it looks as if Watson can drive a delivery rather than ineffectual float.

It's curious that some of the Bees chances in second half did not make the edit. John Akinde unselfeshly tried to setup Amaluzor for a goal, if only he had elected to go it alone as I expect
he would have won a penalty. As for criticism of Amaluzor he was brought into action very late and Coultrist did not do much better either - he tried his best but perhaps his route to success will be to drop down a division or two in the way Jamal Lowe did.
DerekRocholl

dawat wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:

On a more realistic and positive note, I agree that our players are reasonably fit. The point is to play in the style that the manager rightly expects from them they need to be that bit fitter as every game from now on is a cup final until we have amassed enough points to relax with a few games to go! As for the comment on our new manager, you cannot be serious! His first game against a really good well manged side where we deservedly get a draw and with some luck could have managed a win, and yet you want him gone!!!!!
What is it with some people who have a 'dog in the manger' attitude to life? They would sooner see failure as long as they get their own way rather than have success if its achieved in a way they do not approve of! No individual, be it our manager, chairman or supporter is bigger than the club and its the club we all support not the title of those involved with it.
Like you I want the club to be successful. Unlike you I don’t think Westley willl bring success and would rather we got his “era” over sooner rather than later.
Milkfloat

hoofer2 wrote:

It takes weeks if not months to build up stamina. There is also the danger that of players being too knackered to play well on match day if its overdone.
Milkfloat

hoofer2 wrote:

It takes weeks if not months to build up stamina. There is also the danger that of players being too knackered to play well on match day if its overdone.