It's time to stop!

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
adher36

Re: It's time to stop!

What a load of nonsense!

It is hard to be positive when the players are incompetent (don't deserve to be professionals), and lose game after game with the consistent mistakes and no ability to concentrate for a full 90 minutes.

The negativity isn't BORING, it is the god damn TRUTH.
Sam_BFC

It is a funny old game adher36. Performances have been largely pants for a while now, but every day is a new day and we have to support our team.

Come on bees.
NoMagRyan

Well said X-Bumble and totally agree!
#Beebot

I will be getting behind the team on Saturday and if Westley fails we go down, which I would hate, so I will be supporting him, though that's by default rather than feeling any serious belief in him to make things work.

While negativity for its own sake, which we frequently saw under Allen and most notably under Rossi, is dangerous and counterproductive, I think fans have every right to be upset about the appointment of Westley, for reasons that have been given many times over the past few days and even years for that matter.

I don't think it's fair to label fans who are upset about this as hysterical etc when the majority of supporters view Westley as a poor appointment and at best a heavily divisive one.

While we do need to pull together on Saturday as we have a real fight on our hands to stay up, I don't think we can or should be expected to approve of the decision to appoint Westley and blindly support the chairman no matter what.

The reaction on here is really not the same as the flat out abuse of Rossi that we saw late last year or the endless furious rants against TK on BTID.
BaldockBee

Afternoon All.
I rarely post on this site unless I feel particularly strongly about something and in this case it is to support this excellent post.
I am no fan of Graham Westley however he has been appointed and should be given a chance to make a difference and as with any other manager he will and should be judged on results I believe.
GW clearly polarises opinion with his management style and it either works (Stevenage/Peterborough for a while) or it don't (Preston - out of his depth combined with naively expecting prima donna League 1 players to work for a living! and Newport - hmmmm rather worrying.)
After the weekend I thought our chances of avoiding relegation were zero. Now I think we have a 20% chance of avoiding relegation.
Lets give him a chance and get behind the Management team/playing squad for the remainder of the season.
adher36

Sam_BFC wrote:It is a funny old game adher36. Performances have been largely pants for a while now, but every day is a new day and we have to support our team.

Come on bees.
Support Barnet, not the current players who have let us down time and time again. They don't deserve any positivity from supporters.
Bee52

The last few Saturday's for me have been a mixture of anger, disappointment and depression. I am not impressed at all with what I've read about some of GW's history, but the jury is out and I am not prepared to write him off as a Barnet Manager without him having had a chance to show what he can do.

I fail to see how anyone can support Barnet but not the players, especially at this point in time. What are you going to do Adher36? Start cheering the goalposts?

X-Bumble is correct at least for now. We all seem to have various concerns and fears, but that is no reason to condemn the team and new set up before it's had a reasonable chance to prove otherwise. If you are a Barnet supporter now is the time to drop the negativity (or at minimum put it on hold) and help to give the team the lift it so badly needs. More Churchills less Chamberlains please!
Norfolkbee

I will always support my team, but I draw a very broad line at applauding them off for some of their recent abysmal performances.
rudebwoyben

I think all of us just want to have experience feelings of joy, elation and satisfaction after leaving a match at THL. There was no prospect of that happening if things stayed as they are. Despite my misgivings about this appointment, it's worth seeing if GW can do this for us.
Bee52

Norfolkbee wrote:I will always support my team, but I draw a very broad line at applauding them off for some of their recent abysmal performances.
That's fair comment.
Norfolk & Chance

It seems Adher's trenchant theories will be put to the test (unless GW has a total clearout that is).

Will The Wezmeister (apologies) turn the existing squad into a winning team, or are they actually incapable of sitting on the toilet the right way.

I've not agreed with Adher's opinions on this subject so far and await with booze sozzled breath to find out.

Come on you feckin Bees, we'll put 5 past someone before the season is out, WITH the current team (imho).
NorthFinchleyBee

#Beebot wrote:I will be getting behind the team on Saturday and if Westley fails we go down, which I would hate, so I will be supporting him, though that's by default rather than feeling any serious belief in him to make things work.

While negativity for its own sake, which we frequently saw under Allen and most notably under Rossi, is dangerous and counterproductive, I think fans have every right to be upset about the appointment of Westley, for reasons that have been given many times over the past few days and even years for that matter.

I don't think it's fair to label fans who are upset about this as hysterical etc when the majority of supporters view Westley as a poor appointment and at best a heavily divisive one.

While we do need to pull together on Saturday as we have a real fight on our hands to stay up, I don't think we can or should be expected to approve of the decision to appoint Westley and blindly support the chairman no matter what.

The reaction on here is really not the same as the flat out abuse of Rossi that we saw late last year or the endless furious rants against TK on BTID.
A few of the early responses were a bit OTT I thought. I don't know the guy very well in terms of his footballing career and have been reading people's comments with interest. He might be crap, he might be what we need to stay up. To an extent all judgement needs to be reserved until the season is over.

COYB
beew

Westley will be aware that with 2000 imps about to descend on the Hive on Saturday, they'll be no better opportunity to prove his worth to Barnet fans. Bring it on I say.
Itai-bee

beew wrote:Westley will be aware that with 2000 imps about to descend on the Hive on Saturday, they'll be no better opportunity to prove his worth to Barnet fans. Bring it on I say.
Really looking forward to Saturday.
Haven’t been able to say that for a long time.
Bee_Forever

It's a win-win. If Westley keeps us up, we preserve our league status, if he takes us down he cements his role as pantomime villain. Usually when Tony desperately rolls the dice it comes up roses, hopefully this is one of those times...

Can not put my immense dislike for him to one side but respect to the club for making a brave and unpopular move. I am sure we will all be 100% behind the team when the gimps descend on THL.

Was not a fan of the last four managerial appointments but that is irrelevant when the boys cross the white line at 3pm.

I have always said support the club not the manager and this is most definitely one of those times. I just hope the Rossi lovers don't wet themselves with excitement if it all goes tits up.
Last edited by Bee_Forever on 17 Jan 2018, 17:10, edited 1 time in total.