Signings

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Guiseleybee

Re: Signings

Whilst he's not going to sign a dozen or players like he did at Newport last January, I'd be very surprised if he didn't make any additions.

Says alot that he preferred Sweeney to Clough at centre back. Also significant that Nelson not even on the bench. I'd read into that we will be signing a centre half as almost a certainty. Perhaps Nelson will be confirmed as Assistant Manager.

Sule didn't even make the bench nor did Akinola. I'd presume the latter is on his way this month and at least one midfield signing seems likely.

Westley has praised Akinde and Shaq so seems he likes them as a pair but I can see a third striker option coming in as well, especially if JLAA injured plus of course Tarpey long term.
Guiseleybee

Perhaps Nathan Arnold will be joining us in a swap deal with Akinola going to Lincoln. Interesting both players were not in their respective squads.....
Norfolkbee

I wouldn't be surprised if TK hasn't asked GW to do his best to keep us up with what we currently have with a promise of a decent budget to get us straight back out of the National League should we go down. Obviously, Barnet would be a big fish in the NL and it would be hoped that stringing together a few wins would attract back some of the currently missing home support, although we would miss out on the Luton and Lincoln type crowds. However, there would be plenty of games within reasonable distance of London to cut overnight accommodation costs.
Akinde and a couple of others (higher earners) would be flogged off to pay towards the loss of revenue with the army of bench blockers being moved on to trim the squad. New signings would be on smaller wages (hopefully Tarpey will also be fit), while some younger players would stand more chance of developing at a lower level.
I'm not happy with this scenario, but it is just how I can see things progressing this year. :sad:
To bee or not to bee

talldarkslim wrote:About the best we can expect from Cheltenham & Mansfield away plus Notts County at home is 2 points. This will leave us further adrift by 10th Feb. I hate to say it but it is all but over for this season.
The next few games are tough and every point will be a prisoner for the next 8 weeks. But we have to play the teams around us after that. That’s when we have to win games. We won’t go down because of losing to the likes of Luton and Notts County. I fancy Morecambe to go down as they are by far the weakest team we have played I reckon. We have to win that away game at the end of April. Then hopefully chesterfield will be safe in the last game and will take their foot off the gas. It’s the hope that kills you as they say but I’ve got a feeling we will survive by the skin of our teeth.
Norfolkbee

To bee or not to bee wrote:
talldarkslim wrote:About the best we can expect from Cheltenham & Mansfield away plus Notts County at home is 2 points. This will leave us further adrift by 10th Feb. I hate to say it but it is all but over for this season.
The next few games are tough and every point will be a prisoner for the next 8 weeks. But we have to play the teams around us after that. That’s when we have to win games. We won’t go down because of losing to the likes of Luton and Notts County. I fancy Morecambe to go down as they are by far the weakest team we have played I reckon. We have to win that away game at the end of April. Then hopefully chesterfield will be safe in the last game and will take their foot off the gas. It’s the hope that kills you as they say but I’ve got a feeling we will survive by the skin of our teeth.
I think Cheltenham picked up some injuries and suspensions on Saturday. Straw-clutching, or what?
LeftSideRun

Norfolkbee wrote:pensions on Saturday. Straw-clutching, or what?
Two sendings off and the manager sent to the stands.
JWTBee

LeftSideRun wrote:
And their top scorer stretchered off too!
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
Norfolk & Chance

JWTBee wrote:
LeftSideRun wrote:
Result !!! (Just kidding)

I watched the highlights on c5.
The tackle that led to one of the red cards was a shocker.
Quite pleased the thug won't be lining up against us.
becbee

JWTBee wrote:
LeftSideRun wrote:
"Pensions" on Saturday?!! Are their players really that old? LOL
Norfolkbee

becbee wrote:
JWTBee wrote:
LeftSideRun wrote:
"Pensions" on Saturday?!! Are their players really that old? LOL
Not me, guv. :laugh:
RichardM

Norfolkbee wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if TK hasn't asked GW to do his best to keep us up with what we currently have with a promise of a decent budget to get us straight back out of the National League should we go down. Obviously, Barnet would be a big fish in the NL and it would be hoped that stringing together a few wins would attract back some of the currently missing home support, although we would miss out on the Luton and Lincoln type crowds. However, there would be plenty of games within reasonable distance of London to cut overnight accommodation costs.
Akinde and a couple of others (higher earners) would be flogged off to pay towards the loss of revenue with the army of bench blockers being moved on to trim the squad. New signings would be on smaller wages (hopefully Tarpey will also be fit), while some younger players would stand more chance of developing at a lower level.
I'm not happy with this scenario, but it is just how I can see things progressing this year. :sad:
Last Tuesday Tony Kleanthous told me there was money available if Westley wanted to bring players in.
barnet34

barnet34

Norfolkbee wrote:
mcleod23

24 days into the window and still not 1 addition, what are we doing?!!!

Any rumours?
beew

mcleod23 wrote:24 days into the window and still not 1 addition, what are we doing?!!!

Any rumours?
Everything points towards Westley thinking he has a squad that can get us out of trouble. This might change after Saturdays game.