Signings

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
jerroll

Re: Signings

Mr Smart wrote:
Itai-bee wrote:Clough has moved up a division.So you could understand why he might be struggling a little bit. I think he does have qualities and potential.
Santos has played at a higher level. For a player with such a fantastic physique for a centre back and quiet good on the ball. I’ve been quiet disappointed so far with his performances. Santos is good when in a winning team. Doesn’t look so good, when things are not going our way.
In my opinion
For me, Clough and Santos would be better with a younger Nelson type next to them. Nelson can’t play in a 2 anymore which is part of our problems.
agreed, we looked best early doors this season with a back 3 of Santos,Nelson & Tutonda
Norfolkbee

Bee_Forever wrote:Clough is not a league standard centre back and never will be.

We need a grizzled centre back to replace Nelson and guide Santos through the rest of the season.

Another defensive midfielder a winger a left back and a striker also needed.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
A nice shopping list, but there is absolutely no indication we are getting any of them as yet. MM said he knew who his targets were two weeks back. Yet more knockbacks?
LeftSideRun

Fair points on the centre back situation, jerroll, Itai-bee and Mr Smart.

We have 3 left backs on the books, certainly wouldn't make sense to sign one. Maybe a right back but centre back and a winger the priority.
LeftSideRun

(I know people will still say DM but we have signed Sule so doubt another one will come in as well.)
#Beebot

MM has implied a striker is our biggest priority for some reason.

I don't hold out much hope for this window.
mcleod23

A manager would be the best signing for me.
Itai-bee

[quote="#Beebot"]MM has implied a striker is our biggest priority for some reason.

I don't hold out much hope for this window.[/quot

Apparently, a offer was made on Akinde in the last transfer window.I think because of the extent of his injury and a clause in his contract. That the club would agree to let Akinde go,if a club in a higher division made a offer. This particular club are in the same division as us. So We turned it down.
From what I understand. Akinde was keen to go.
Maybe things are going on behind the scenes regarding Akinde.
I can’t see any other reason why we would be looking for a striker at this present time. When more important positions need filling.
LeftSideRun

We're already playing one striker on the wing! Would imagine another coming in would mean one going out.
WinchyBee

I think signing someone similar to John Oster would be very much welcomed. Experienced and technically tidy, that said I'd also welcome some strength in the centre of the pitch.
jerroll

LeftSideRun wrote:Fair points on the centre back situation, jerroll, Itai-bee and Mr Smart.

We have 3 left backs on the books, certainly wouldn't make sense to sign one. Maybe a right back but centre back and a winger the priority.
1 left back out for season, 1 better at centre back & 1 just not good enough.
LeftSideRun

jerroll wrote:
LeftSideRun wrote:Fair points on the centre back situation, jerroll, Itai-bee and Mr Smart.

You really think Tutonda is better at centre back?! I don't see that at all, takes away his attacking runs from full back. MM clearly rates Blackman, so at least we have 2 left backs available. (We only have 1 right back)
jerroll

LeftSideRun wrote:
jerroll wrote:

You really think Tutonda is better at centre back?! I don't see that at all, takes away his attacking runs from full back. MM clearly rates Blackman, so at least we have 2 left backs available. (We only have 1 right back)
In a back 3 yes, gives us pace to cover others lack of it.We leaked less goals with him playing there. With the arrival of Fuad Sule, Mauro can cover right back if Brindley is unavailable.
LeftSideRun

Fair enough. Would rather sign a dominant centre back and keep Tutonda where I think he's most effective, personally.
Norfolkbee

I'm fully expecting at least one thoroughly underwhelming signing in the next couple of days, purely in a bid to deflect from the current manager/coach debacle.
jerroll

Norfolkbee wrote:I'm fully expecting at least one thoroughly underwhelming signing in the next couple of days, purely in a bid to deflect from the current manager/coach debacle.
Club more bothered about London Bees drawing Chelsea in the WFA cup & whether JCR wins goal of the month than the current crisis!!