Signings

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Norfolkbee

Signings

I'm fully expecting the club to announce at least two strong ones before the end of the week. I say this for two reasons:
1. To deflect attention from the shambles over the manager situation.
2. Because James Thorne must have been doing something to earn his money!
Then again I'm used to disappointments where Barnet FC are concerned.
pgbee

Re: Signings

JT doing his job won't always result in a signing, there are other factors.
Norfolkbee

MM stated two weeks ago that Barnet's January requirements had been identified, so something must surely be I progress. You could even argue that signing players is the top priority because there is no window for bringing in a new manager. However, I still want to see that concluded as soon as possible.
northantsbee

I fully expect us to announce no signings until the last two hours of deadline day, why change the habit of a lifetime
Going Indieground 7pm Tuesday, https://www.madwaspradio.com/
barnet34

Forest green and chesterfield have signed about 10 players between them already, however there's no rush at Barnet though, they apparently feel their needs are greater then ours.
beew

If Sule plays on Saturday we will get an idea into how he may change the dynamics of the team. They must think an awful lot of him to put all their eggs in one basket, but as TK has said we aren't getting hammered week on week. If we do fail to get a result then the pressure will grow to bring in the better players that the club have alluded to.
StephenM

barnet34 wrote:Forest green and chesterfield have signed about 10 players between them already, however there's no rush at Barnet though, they apparently feel their needs are greater then ours.
Barnet signed a lot of players this time last year, signing players doesn't necessarily mean an improvement in performance.
barnet34

StephenM wrote:
barnet34 wrote:Forest green and chesterfield have signed about 10 players between them already, however there's no rush at Barnet though, they apparently feel their needs are greater then ours.
Barnet signed a lot of players this time last year, signing players doesn't necessarily mean an improvement in performance.
Thats true, however we wasn't bottom of the table then, We need decent league standard players now, we have to gamble otherwise it is game up. this current squad is not good enough without it.
Tuesds

barnet34 wrote:
StephenM wrote:
Thats true, however we wasn't bottom of the table then, We need decent league standard players now, we have to gamble otherwise it is game up. this current squad is not good enough without it.
We need one or two players, I reckon, but more importantly we need a manager who wants the job and can organise and motivate the players. Of course, at the moment, we have neither the new players (bar one) nor a decent manager motivated to do the job.
jerroll

We need to start keeping clean sheets, we need to score 3 goals a game atm, get a Ugly,broken nosed centre half in to partner Santos & get Sule upto speed as soon as possible and see where it gets us - don't want to see clumsy Clough playing at Crawley.
LeftSideRun

jerroll wrote:We need to start keeping clean sheets, we need to score 3 goals a game atm, get a Ugly,broken nosed centre half in to partner Santos & get Sule upto speed as soon as possible and see where it gets us - don't want to see clumsy Clough playing at Crawley.
We need 2 new centre backs, ideally! Santos has been no better than the others, really. Should've kept Bira.
jerroll

LeftSideRun wrote:
jerroll wrote:We need to start keeping clean sheets, we need to score 3 goals a game atm, get a Ugly,broken nosed centre half in to partner Santos & get Sule upto speed as soon as possible and see where it gets us - don't want to see clumsy Clough playing at Crawley.
We need 2 new centre backs, ideally! Santos has been no better than the others, really. Should've kept Bira.
Santos is slightly less worse than Clough but ideally 2 new CB's would be good but unlikely due to finances! Bira was apparently on a good salary so with his injury record it was no surprise to see him go.
Itai-bee

Clough has moved up a division.So you could understand why he might be struggling a little bit. I think he does have qualities and potential.
Santos has played at a higher level. For a player with such a fantastic physique for a centre back and quiet good on the ball. I’ve been quiet disappointed so far with his performances. Santos is good when in a winning team. Doesn’t look so good, when things are not going our way.
In my opinion
Mem Beespod

Itai-bee wrote:Clough has moved up a division.So you could understand why he might be struggling a little bit. I think he does have qualities and potential.
Santos has played at a higher level. For a player with such a fantastic physique for a centre back and quiet good on the ball. I’ve been quiet disappointed so far with his performances. Santos is good when in a winning team. Doesn’t look so good, when things are not going our way.
In my opinion
For me, Clough and Santos would be better with a younger Nelson type next to them. Nelson can’t play in a 2 anymore which is part of our problems.
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
Bee_Forever

Clough is not a league standard centre back and never will be.

We need a grizzled centre back to replace Nelson and guide Santos through the rest of the season.

Another defensive midfielder a winger a left back and a striker also needed.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk