Update | Changes to Matchday Parking

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
LoudmouthBFC

Update | Changes to Matchday Parking

From 1st January 2018 there will be a nominal increase in parking charges on match days.

The cost will be £6 which represents a small increase of just one pound to be able to park your car safely and securely on the day of a match.
natwilk

Re: Update | Changes to Matchday Parking

It may be a nominal £1 increase, but it's still 20%!
... All we have to do is keep winning the next game ...
Norfolk & Chance

Fear not, it'll all go toward the playing budget.........
Bee_Forever

Will there be a commensurate increase in parking bay sizes given our difficulty in parking the bus?
Masuka

TK said ticket hikes would result in better football. :eee: We are bottom of the league. GOOD ONE TONY!!!

Now he's increasing parking by 20%. NICE ONE TONY!!!

I expect the disgusting badly poured beer will increase as well.

How about putting some of this extra money into hiring bar staff who know how to pour a pint? :nonono:
Once a Bee ALWAYS a Bee
lemming3k

How about bar staff who can figure out what a half is and how much it should cost? Obviously they don't teach fractions at school anymore! :eee:

Timing of this is terrible. Put the prices up when the team are performing as promised. I'd leave it be until then eh?
Or is this to raise money for MM's payoff?
Barnetrob

On what planet can a 20% hike be described as 'nominal'? I hope my employer will consider giving me a 'nominal' pay rise next year. It might only be £1 but it smacks of sheer greed and another way of squeezing more money out of us. Memberships are being frozen but there was no announcement of the £5 discount for multiple memberships from the same bank account being removed at the beginning of this season either, direct debits simply went up. Continually alienating fans by taking them for granted whilst ripping them off is not a sensible business model, particularly when the team have had such a successful season. Thoroughly pissed off with the club at the moment and will probably cancel our (4) memberships and concentrate on occasional away games instead.
Norfolk & Chance

It is beyond belief. It might generate a few hundred more pounds in car park income but at what cost? It may even produce a net loss for the Kleanthous Emporium due to yet more alienated fans.

Have the costs of providing the car park service increased?
I can't think they have.
So this is nothing but profiteering by a man who couldn't run a piss up in a brewery because he wouldn't have a clue how to employ the right people to serve up the booze.

Spectacularly bad timing, spectacularly bad decision, Kleanthous, you are bonkers!
PBBee

Oh dear TK - you really don't help yourself do you.
CrawleyBee

Spot on. Stinks of greed. Missing tomorrow and quite glad (obviously hope I miss a cracker with a thumping win for the bees). Seems totally unnecessary this price rise, pointless and just makes TK look desperate for every penny.
Formerly Watfordbee
barnetjohn

This isn't the smartest PR. Look, at the end of the day, the sum of money isn't massive, and honestly, there are bigger things to kick off about. We shouldn't fly off the handle here.

But that said, it doesn't show at a lot of PR savvy. Calling it a "nominal" rise is clumsy- it's a 20% rise. Not really nominal. And to announce it when you are bottom of the league just looks like poor timing. Given the sums of money involved to the club, this strikes me as the sort of thing that is just not worth doing for the irritation it will cause at a time like this.

I think what TK doesn't fully realise is that whilst the Hive offers way better facilities than Underhill, it still feels quite corporate. Football for a lot of people is about community, mates and togetherness. Football has always been a game of the people, and for that reason perhaps, football fans often like a bit authenticity, character and a bit less slickness. So the symbolism of this sort of thing often matters more than the money involved.
hoppy

Isn't this the first increase since The Hive opened in 2013?
beew

You don't have to use the car park unless you have the need to do so. If those who didn't need to use it other than for convieneince decided to park at the station or on the surrounding streets he'd take notice and reverse the decision. There's plenty of free parking around the site.
jerroll

beew wrote:You don't have to use the car park unless you have the need to do so. If those who didn't need to use it other than for convieneince decided to park at the station or on the surrounding streets he'd take notice and reverse the decision. There's plenty of free parking around the site.
Unless spurs are playing at Wembley I won't use the car park again this season unless Carlisle game end up being on a tuesday- the worst thing about using it is the token system and bar staff staring blankly at you when u ask for one!
Barnetchris

The timing isn’t good I agree, but to be honest if I’ve parked in the surrounding areas and don’t leave 5-10 minutes early you can burn a lot more than £1 in petrol sitting in Camrose Avenue trying to get home. Having said that the crowds were getting at the moment I should be ok.