Morecambe (Hive) The McNugget Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
#Beebot

Re: Morecambe (Hive) The McNugget Match Thread

hoofer2 wrote:
Letsbeehavinyou wrote:Bover seen walking out of THL guess he didn't take being left out too well or was advised to go home.
He's not good enough and needs to go in January to make room for a more capable player. We can no longer afford to carry 'prospects' and need players who guarantee consistent performance.
Unlikely we'll be able to offload him, we couldn't even offload three players who were told they were surplus to requirements and they were free to seek clubs elsewhere.

Very strange how we don't seem to have the contacts to offload players. A huge number of players sitting in the U23s playing a friendly every couple of weeks and getting no competitive experience.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
rudebwoyben

I didn't go to the match on Saturday and I'm only judging this by the 10 minute extended highlights but it does appear that we managed to play more football and generally be more creative than we were against Grimsby. I know that isn't saying much seeing as we did neither against the Mariners but it's still a positive step.
becbee

#Beebot wrote:
Letsbeehavinyou wrote:Bover seen walking out of THL guess he didn't take being left out too well or was advised to go home.
When Watson, Sweeney and Nicholls make the squad ahead of you you're going to be pissed off.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
It's wrong to jump to assumptions. For all we know, he could just as easily have been taken ill or received bad news from home.
barnet34

The 2-4-1 £25 deal is that available every home game? Does not mention this when booking online.
beew

barnet34 wrote:The 2-4-1 £25 deal is that available every home game? Does not mention this when booking online.

No it's not. The last time was for the Mansfield and Yeovil games, initially buy Mansfield get Yeovil free, but then amended the wording after the Mansfield game so that you could use the 2-4-1 on the Yeovil game alone. Id expect them to do something similar on Saturday.
talldarkslim

It was great to get a win however we need to strengthen in January or this is going to be a struggle.
beeamazed

If Watson ,Sweeney and Blackman are regulars for the rest
of the season we are toast.
pokal02

talldarkslim wrote:It was great to get a win however we need to strengthen in January or this is going to be a struggle.
To get to 51 points we need W8 D7 L9 from our remaining games. Not impossible if JA/Shaq stay fit, Brindley turns out to be half-decent and a quality DM can be signed in Jan (with a few fringe midfielders being offloaded). If less than two of those three things happen I think we'll struggle in the absence of any financial basket case/completely useless teams this season.
dawat

pokal02 wrote:
talldarkslim wrote:It was great to get a win however we need to strengthen in January or this is going to be a struggle.
To get to 51 points we need W8 D7 L9 from our remaining games. Not impossible if JA/Shaq stay fit, Brindley turns out to be half-decent and a quality DM can be signed in Jan (with a few fringe midfielders being offloaded). If less than two of those three things happen I think we'll struggle in the absence of any financial basket case/completely useless teams this season.
So from 24 remaining games W8 D7 L9 should all being well secure our place in the league. From the 22 games played so far, this compares with the W5 D5 L12 so far this season and shows just how much our results have to improve for us to stay up. Personally I think we need to target at least 10 games that are must wins (not all will be) and hope to get at couple of unexpected wins and some odd draws to hit our points total. I want safety long before we hit the last few games otherwise you can almost guarantee results will go against us, somehow they almost always have a bad habit of doing just that.