Morecambe (Hive) The McNugget Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Morecambe (Hive) The McNugget Match Thread

So..... Saturday sees the bees returning to league hoof (c. Jerroll) action after a heart breaking defeat against Chesterfield last week. After surrendering to the latest last minute gut punch there has been a lot of anger on this board and on facebook about the team, the manager, the formation, the lack of tactics and the lack of heart.

For myself, I will continue to support my team, but there have been some very bruising encounters this season, and the club needs to be aware that supporters are starting to drift away from the poor product that continues to be put in front of them.

Anyway, back to Tony's Chicken Emporium and another relegation 6 pointer. Although our manager has previously shown an affinity for 4 across the back we have no full backs fit and available so I would be tempted to go for a formation previously suggested by our resident Blogger, a 3-4-3 with split strikers, as deployed by his beloved Chavski.

My team:-

-------------------Stephens--------------------

----Santos--------Nelson------Tutonda------

--Vilhete----Fonguck---J. Taylor---JCR----

-Coulthirst-------Akinde---------Akinola-----

Subs: Ross, Clough, Payne, Watson, Sweeney, Nicholls, Kyei,

I am doing this game but not intending to spent much time at the Hive, as don't think my blood pressure will take it. :grrr:
becbee

Re: Morecambe (Hive) The McNugget Match Thread

Your team looks fine ( you saw Clough last Saturday, I didn't, so I'll accept why you've replaced him with Nelson).

The thing is, it's not us who need to see your suggested team, it's McGhee who needs convincing!
Bee_Forever

Clough looked slow clumsy and cumbersome versus Chesterfield scoring one outstanding own goal and being woefully out of position for the second.

He is an eminently frustrating player in that he veers between the competent and the hapless on an almost weekly basis.

Tutonda has been very unfairly dropped in my view and if the concern is a fitness one, then putting him in a back 3 should enable him to last the 90 minutes.

Unfortunately I am in agreement with you, and I think we will continue to see Clough and the lamentable Blackman and Watson taking to the field.
MCB

---H Taylor-----Santos--------Nelson------Tutonda---

-----------Coulthirst-------Akinde---------

We got most of points whilst Harry was at right back, no need to change system to accommodate anyone else.

Anyone else trying to find a valid reason not to come? Mine is I don't want to.
ETBee

I can't agree with you, Bee_Forever, about Clough's overall performance this season. I wasn't at Chesterfield but in general I think he's done well, and certainly an improvement on last year. Anybody can score an OG. Not one of our players this season has been consistently on form, even Big John.
Bee_Forever

MCB wrote:My team:-

We got most of points whilst Harry was at right back, no need to change system to accommodate anyone else.

Harry left Chesterfield with his leg in a brace so would be a big doubt for this one I would think.
DerekRocholl

MCB wrote:My team:-

Yes to sticking to a straight forward 4-4-2 formation and then playing to it instead of messing around. There is a definite need to get back to some basics until we have the points and confidence to try more speculative approaches.
Itai-bee

It’s funny how people see things So differently.
I thought that Clough as been one of our best players this season.I know he’s made the odd mistake.
I think he will be a future captain for the club.I could be wrong.
Maybe i’m a bit old school, but i like my centre half’s to run through brick walls for the team.
I think Clough and Nelson would. Santos for me has been the weak link so far this season.
letchbee94

Bee_Forever wrote:So..... Saturday sees the bees returning to league hoof (c. Jerroll) action after a heart breaking defeat against Chesterfield last week. After surrendering to the latest last minute gut punch there has been a lot of anger on this board and on facebook about the team, the manager, the formation, the lack of tactics and the lack of heart.

For myself, I will continue to support my team, but there have been some very bruising encounters this season, and the club needs to be aware that supporters are starting to drift away from the poor product that continues to be put in front of them.

Anyway, back to Tony's Chicken Emporium and another relegation 6 pointer. Although our manager has previously shown an affinity for 4 across the back we have no full backs fit and available so I would be tempted to go for a formation previously suggested by our resident Blogger, a 3-4-3 with split strikers, as deployed by his beloved Chavski.

----Santos--------Nelson------Tutonda------

-Coulthirst-------Akinde---------Akinola-----

Subs: Ross, Clough, Payne, Watson, Sweeney, Nicholls, Kyei,

I am doing this game but not intending to spent much time at the Hive, as don't think my blood pressure will take it. :grrr:
Or your wallet lol
Psycho

No cricket thread. Don't say we've almost given up on them too. We'll win 3-2. You heard it here first.
jonbonbaby

Maybe brindley will be back
letchbee94

I feel looking at post on here and on other social sites that we need a win big time on Saturday apart from obvious reasons but just to boost the moral of us fans.
Felt so good coming back from Newport after the win it would be nice to walk out the Hive on Saturday after a Barnet victory.
COYBs
amberforever

Santos looked completely out of sorts at Chesterfield. Surprised, as he has looked capable and confident so far. Has he had a knock of some kind? Yes, Clough had a poor game also. Lets hope we can pull it round for a win on Saturday.
pgbee

Just keep the smile off the bald w****r Ellisons face....
talldarkslim

Morecambe have won only won but lost just 4 away so this looks like a low scoring draw.