January Transfer Window

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
ninestein

Re: January Transfer Window

I believe we signed John O'Flynn from St. Pats Athletic? That also gives an idea of the standard. John found his level in this division with us and Exeter, despite his injury issues.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Norfolk & Chance

I remember feeling a little disappointed at the way he left us. I quite liked him as a player, scored a few for us.
becbee

hoofer2 wrote:
RichardM wrote:
becbee wrote:David Pipe has played well against us, however he's 34 years old, Welsh and apart from 9 appearances for Eastleigh, has played solely in the West of England / Newport area since 2007. It seems a pretty unlikely signing.
I don't think either of us are suggesting we should be trying to sign him, just that he is the type of player we should be trying to sign.
It's interesting isn't it. We have had that type of player in the past too and performance can polarise opinion - Paul Furlong, Paul Warhurst, Jason Price for example. It's not the age that's key - it's having consistent first team experience. Some of our best performances from loan players have come from younger players - Bolasie, Clarke (from Brentford) etc.
Paul Furlong didn't become a pro until he was well into his 20s then played for us when he was past 40 years old. His career was the exception to the rule.
Paul Warhurst I remember being really good for us when he signed in late season. We then signed him for the following season but he was nowhere near the same then, it was though during the close season, age had caught up on him.
Jason Price only had one month on loan with us.
BigBee

ninestein wrote:I believe we signed John O'Flynn from St. Pats Athletic? That also gives an idea of the standard. John found his level in this division with us and Exeter, despite his injury issues.
We signed John from Cork City, where he was leading
goal scorer, but deemed surplus to requirements
after the emergence of Shane Long and Kevin Doyle.

Our old commercial manager, Kevin Mullen, had recently
moved to Ireland and taken a position at Cork City.

Kevin, gave a heads up to our management and we
managed to conclude a quick deal.
BigBee

hoofer2 wrote:
RichardM wrote:
becbee wrote:David Pipe has played well against us, however he's 34 years old, Welsh and apart from 9 appearances for Eastleigh, has played solely in the West of England / Newport area since 2007. It seems a pretty unlikely signing.
I don't think either of us are suggesting we should be trying to sign him, just that he is the type of player we should be trying to sign.
It's interesting isn't it. We have had that type of player in the past too and performance can polarise opinion - Paul Furlong, Paul Warhurst, Jason Price for example. It's not the age that's key - it's having consistent first team experience. Some of our best performances from loan players have come from younger players - Bolasie, Clarke (from Brentford) etc.
Not forgetting Josh Wright at 17 years old.
hoofer2

BigBee wrote:
hoofer2 wrote:
RichardM wrote:
Not forgetting Josh Wright at 17 years old.
Kristian Pearce, Michael Hector etc.
jonbonbaby

Nigel Reo- Coker is available on a free
Norfolkbee

Who will be the first Barnet player out the door? There have been a lot of National League clubs strengthening their squads this week.
Anthony

BigBee wrote:
ninestein wrote:I believe we signed John O'Flynn from St. Pats Athletic? That also gives an idea of the standard. John found his level in this division with us and Exeter, despite his injury issues.
We signed John from Cork City, where he was leading
goal scorer, but deemed surplus to requirements
after the emergence of Shane Long and Kevin Doyle.

Our old commercial manager, Kevin Mullen, had recently
moved to Ireland and taken a position at Cork City.

Kevin, gave a heads up to our management and we
managed to conclude a quick deal.

Crikey. The Cork management must have had egg on their faces when they got rid of O’Flynn to find out the players that kept him out of the team left 3 years prior to OFlynn signing for Barnet.

My recollection is they let him go for free because they were in financial difficulty and could no longer pay his wages, especially as he was often injured.
hoppy

Norfolkbee wrote:Who will be the first Barnet player out the door? There have been a lot of National League clubs strengthening their squads this week.
Is the Akinola to Lincoln transfer still on?
He may well be the first to go, although I hope not!!
#Beebot

hoppy wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:Who will be the first Barnet player out the door? There have been a lot of National League clubs strengthening their squads this week.
Is the Akinola to Lincoln transfer still on?
He may well be the first to go, although I hope not!!
They've signed Danny Rowe who is a far better player. I can't see them going for him now.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
northantsbee

The only player I could see any one interested in would be Jack Taylor, National league first teamer or league one star of the future. I can't see us selling to someone in the same league unless there is a good part exchange deal on the table
Going Indieground 7pm Tuesday, https://www.madwaspradio.com/
Norfolkbee

northantsbee wrote:The only player I could see any one interested in would be Jack Taylor, National league first teamer or league one star of the future. I can't see us selling to someone in the same league unless there is a good part exchange deal on the table
I was more thinking about which members of our overbloated squad will be moved on. They surely can't all stay.
pgbee

Someone must be interested in JA....
hoofer2

pgbee wrote:Someone must be interested in JA....
Maybe Eastleigh and Borehamwooc will be doing shopping in the January sales!