Chesterfield (Away) The Scottish Fiction Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Chesterfield (Away) The Scottish Fiction Match Thread

So.... Saturday sees the bees return to the rigours of league hoof (c. Jeroll) following a 2 week break from meaningful competitive action.

With idiotic Scottish wind up merchants suggesting our manager is on his way to Aberdeen, I must say I have haddock about enough of their nonsense, and they cannot honestly expect us to let ourselves be done up like a kipper and let our manager go. Salmon I am sure will tell me they are only jocking, but it Is exactly this type of nonsense which can put a squad off-kilter. I hope that our squad show brave hearts and believe that even if Aberdeen take our manager, they will never take our freedom to operate as a league club. Hopefully the club will act swiftly to scotch the rumours.

After McGhee's highly experimental and borderline nonsensical lineup saw us surrender meekly to an average Grimsby side, the hope is that he will now have enough time to have got the measure of the squad and put out a more competitive line-up. First priority has to be to be able to get a foothold in the game, and with this in mind I would go with the following:-

----------------------------Stephens---------------------------

-----H. Taylor-----Santos-----Clough------Vilhete---------

-Coulthirst---J. Taylor--Fonguck--Sweeney--Akinola----

----------------------------Akinde------------------------------

Subs: Ross, Nelson, Tutonda, Watson, Campbell-Ryce, Nicholls, Amaluzor

I am doing this one by train, looking forward to an enjoyable day out and hopefully a hard earned three points.

Anyway, enough of these Scottish bloggers who live in a hiding place. I will show no emotion if McGhee goes I just hope we don't see more unedifying scenes of fans falling out with each other. When I argue I see shapes of relegation looming in the distance.
hoofer2

Re: Chesterfield (Away) The Scottish Fiction Match Thread

Bee_Forever wrote:following a 2 week break from meaningful competitive action.
Some would argue it's longer than that....
letchbee94

Akinola seems to have gone out of favour of late or has he been injured? Hard to keep up with all our injuries.
Barnetchris

Agreed, you know your in trouble when Dan Sweeney is being picked regularly in Midfield.
Bee_Forever

What exactly is the problem with Sweeney? The other options in midfield are Watson and JCR neither of whom excite much anticipation.

I miss Weston :*(:
becbee

At times we seem to judge players on how we feel about them generally as opposed to how they might actually perform on the pitch. Sweeney was considered to have been our best outfield player in his first match back ( Accrington? ) , in the matches I've seen him play since he's been no worse than our other midfielders. Yet 2 calls on this thread to have him dropped.
As for Weston, last year's scapegoat appears to have, in his absence, become our star midfielder. Fans wanted him to be dropped last season, now we're desperate to have him back in the team.
Bee_Forever

becbee wrote:At times we seem to judge players on how we feel about them generally as opposed to how they might actually perform on the pitch. Sweeney was considered to have been our best outfield player in his first match back ( Accrington? ) , in the matches I've seen him play since he's been no worse than our other midfielders. Yet 2 calls on this thread to have him dropped.
As for Weston, last year's scapegoat appears to have, in his absence, become our star midfielder. Fans wanted him to be dropped last season, now we're desperate to have him back in the team.
Last year we had Togwell and Champion and Watson, Sweeney and Fonguck could not even get in the match day squad.....
jamiefrbees

I don't think the loss of Togwell can be over-stated. A huge loss
jonbonbaby

That’s last year not this year!!

Sweeney was by far the best midfielder overall in the last Home game, often having the ball with no options . Fonguck needs to play
john dockers shorts

Sorry but he was utterly useless. Pedestrian, 5 yard passing offered nothing

Standards of some have really slipped
dawat

john dockers shorts wrote:Sorry but he was utterly useless. Pedestrian, 5 yard passing offered nothing

Were you both at the same game???????
Norfolk & Chance

dawat wrote:
john dockers shorts wrote:Sorry but he was utterly useless. Pedestrian, 5 yard passing offered nothing

Were you both at the same game???????

The two statements might not be contradictory so yes, they probably were both at the same game.
#Beebot

I'm at a loss how anyone can moan about Sweeney when we've started Watson for the past few games, who can't even get the basics of playing in a centre mid role right.
Barnetchris

Unfortunately with Sweeney and Watson in the team we are going down. At the moment I guess we have no choice but they have to both be replaced come January.
I have not seen any away games but been to every home and Sweeney is your typical mid- lower National player, cumbersome and offers us nothing I’m afraid . Watson looks like a footballer if he doesn’t kick a ball. I’ve personally never seen him do anything in any game to really benefit or influence a game. In a phrase he is “just on the pitch”. Really happy to be told I’m wrong come 5pm this Saturday but this is how I see it. If we only get a few points until the Jan window with this midfield I will be delighted.