Carlisle (H) Saturday 6th January

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
ninestein

Carlisle (H) Saturday 6th January

Keep an eye out for the result of Carlisle's FA Cup replay against Gillingham. If they get through then this league fixture will be postponed as the winners will be hosting Sheffield Wed in round 3 that weekend.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
ETBee

Re: Carlisle (H) Saturday 6th January

How sad that we don't have an FA Cup tie. Just the grind to try and survive in League 2.
MCB

ETBee wrote:How sad that we don't have an FA Cup tie. Just the grind to try and survive in League 2.
AFC drawing Spurs at Wembley made me sad, as Barnet has never played at Wembley in my lifetime. Statistically we're now at a stage in the clubs league history where we stand the *best chance of playing at Wembley*.

We have the play off final, League Cup (drawing Spurs), FA Cup (drawing Spurs), Checkatrade.

Statistically, I expect that the FA Trophy when we won the league was our best bet (we were bloody favourites until Mad Dog played the kids). In the Conference we would be strong contenders for play off final / FA Trophy. Do we have to get relegated for me to see us play there?!

Over 2/3rds of the 92 league clubs have played at the New Wembley, it's 45 years since we played at the old one. I've seen us reach 4 play-offs. We should have converted one of them into a final. We were close against Blackpool, Shrewsbury.

Come on Barnet, please, just do this before I disappear off this planet... just once.

Chelsea are scheduled to play their home games at Wembley next year. If you believe in fairytales, we'll get them in the FA Cup next year. Then follow up a losing appearance with winning the play offs. In League 2.

I don't ask for much. Except for the club to take cup games seriously.
becbee

MCB wrote:
ETBee wrote:How sad that we don't have an FA Cup tie. Just the grind to try and survive in League 2.
AFC drawing Spurs at Wembley made me sad, as Barnet has never played at Wembley in my lifetime. Statistically we're now at a stage in the clubs league history where we stand the *best chance of playing at Wembley*.

We have the play off final, League Cup (drawing Spurs), FA Cup (drawing Spurs), Checkatrade.

Statistically, I expect that the FA Trophy when we won the league was our best bet (we were bloody favourites until Mad Dog played the kids). In the Conference we would be strong contenders for play off final / FA Trophy. Do we have to get relegated for me to see us play there?!

Over 2/3rds of the 92 league clubs have played at the New Wembley, it's 45 years since we played at the old one. I've seen us reach 4 play-offs. We should have converted one of them into a final. We were close against Blackpool, Shrewsbury.

Come on Barnet, please, just do this before I disappear off this planet... just once.

Chelsea are scheduled to play their home games at Wembley next year. If you believe in fairytales, we'll get them in the FA Cup next year. Then follow up a losing appearance with winning the play offs. In League 2.

I don't ask for much. Except for the club to take cup games seriously.
I couldn't care less about AFC Wimbledon's fixtures or who we might play in next season's F A Cup. As far as I'm concerned, I'd rather we continue to play at L2 grounds next season than we get to the new Wembley - seeing as at the moment, our best chance of achieving that seems to be in the F A Trophy. Also that we don't start our FA Cup run next season in the 4th qualifying round.

Martin Allen never took cup games seriously. Rossi took the match at Blackburn seriously. We were just beaten by a L1 team away, who quite predictably happened to be better than us.
talldarkslim

It is looking more and more likely that the FA Trophy will be our fixture list next season
MCB

becbee wrote: I couldn't care less about AFC Wimbledon's fixtures or who we might play in next season's F A Cup.
Tough audience!
Norfolk & Chance

I liked the post MCB :-)
I too would love to see us there. I was 5 back in 1972 and inexplicably was left at home whilst my dear departed Dad and his mates went to the game. It'll happen one day, it bloody has to!!
jerroll

Replay off tonight, if they can't fit it in next week replay will have to be on 3rd round day!
Psycho

Not having much luck this season are we?

Personally I think it would be better if it was off after the hectic festive schedule and we can put all our attention on to signing a couple of decent players especially a defensive midfielder.
ninestein

If we do make early signings in January, that extra weekend off might be a blessing and give them time to train properly with the squad. On the other hand it's another week where teams around us could pick up points and drop us further behind, should the Xmas results not be brilliant. I'd sooner have points next to our name than games in hand.
becbee

Yes but that presumes we'll bear Carlisle. Better the match in hand than the lost points.
hoppy

Carlisles game with Gillingham re-arranged for 19th December.
ninestein

Carlisle 2-0 up at HT.
becbee

FT 3-1 - so our fixture v Carlisle will be postponed.
Devon_Bee

Yep, it's been confirmed, it's postponed.