Reckless Christmas Goody Corner

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Reckless

Re: Reckless Christmas Goody Corner

pgbee wrote:My annual consumption of the ambrosia that are cheese footballs took place at the West Sussex Umpires quiz and buffet last night, may have to go and purchase some now...
Umpires Quiz? I would have put my finger up at that.
Bee52

A great Xmas build up of nicely discounted malt whiskeys and bourbons on Amazon normally starting from the Black Friday build up (sorry it's late!). Worth a little forward thinking investment if cashflow allows. You can bide your time for deals and then pick and choose, trying stuff you wouldn't normally buy at a good price. At least it would be an investment for me if it stopped disappearing so fast. They need to improve on their bottle tops.

In other on line shopping news......6 packs of Walnut Whips available from Iceland (I finally know what having a 6 pack means). I'm all class, but still remember to do the right thing and get the walnut out of the way first!
Monsieur Abeille

Reckless wrote:
Monsieur Abeille wrote:Twiglets and perhaps a tin of sausage rolls. Otherwise a very fair collection.
Tin? In Tupaware you mean. Perhaps you haven't got that up there yet.
Homemade Sausage rolls or at a push possibly Morrison Large ones......but certainly not those Lidl ones that cost about 30p. There is a reason Lidl Baked Beans cost 3p a tin and Sausage Rolls £1 for 100 basically because they taste like sh.....
Oi dunno what this mythical tupaware is of which you speak, but if it is airtight and you cannot afford tin down there what with all those house prices, then I suppose it will do.

Quite agree about Lidl, I'm an Aldi man myself. I was indeed talking about home made soz rolls, or alternatively from a proper butcher (I can give you some Melton Mowbray addresses if you like, and they are also good with the pork pies which would compliment the soz rolls) - ideally small for one bite consumption.
barnetpete

Reckless wrote:I heard you throw away the walnuts and then you eat the whip alone in a locked room. #oddbehaviourdodgy.
Not far wrong to be fair. Don’t eat the walnuts and i was alone.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
dawat

Not necessarily as big a Christmas treat as it once was (now more available all year), but my wife always used to look forward to a box of the expensive cherry liqueurs with real stoneless cherries inside. I am not too keen on them so she is safe leaving them out!
Norfolk & Chance

Wait til Boxing Day and you can get some Cadbury's Cream Eggs.
Reckless

As every year the New Berry Fruits have arrived thank you thw ever lovely Gordon Marshall aka Andrews Dad!
Goody Corner not so busy as usual probably because both the mini Reckless 's have flown the nest - still lots of seriously scrummy treats which will be enhanced tomorrow after a visit to Sainsbury for the Xmas necessities like Cream Custard and Ice Cream plus the Turkey to collect from Readers Butchers of course.
Merry Christmas everyone!
pgbee

Cheese footballs purchased today.
Reckless

Bet they have loads left on the shelf!
pgbee

Actually no, very few left but possibly not many to start with although were on 2 for £3 mix and match with Mini Cheddars (£2 if bought singly). Demand outstripping supply in Horsham at least...
Reckless

Ah Horsham. So posh that when you get mugged they leave you a receipt.
northantsbee

I have managed to get my hands on a bottle of Boodles Mulberry Gin, it is like drinking the nectar from Nicky Evans' socks.I had to ask my local publican to get me a bottle from the wholesaler as it is impossible to but it from anywhere at a decent price.

Merry Christmas to one and all, i hope you have a cheese plate loaded up with Boursin and a wine rack full of Le Piat D'or
Going Indieground 7pm Tuesday, https://www.madwaspradio.com/
pgbee

Reckless wrote:Ah Horsham. So posh that when you get mugged they leave you a receipt.
Aren't mugs on a different thread! There is no mugging in Horsham, but contretants ........