Yeovil (Hive) The Must Win Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Yeovil (Hive) The Must Win Match Thread

So.... after drawing 1-1 against the oiks from Mansfailed, thanks to poor finishing and a poorer ref, we find ourselves winless in 7 and in desperate need of 3 points to push up the league.

Enter Yeovil Town, a team so poor they took Akpa-Akpro on loan last season to boost their striking options. After the return of Coulthirst and, hopefully, the imminent return of Weston, things are looking good on the injury front, although there is still a giant Akinde shaped hole at the top end of the pitch. In terms of starting lineup, I am not convinced that Campbell-Ryce offers enough in the role behind the strikers so I would be inclined to select Weston in his place. My team:-

---------------------Ross-----------------

-----Santos-------Nelson------Clough---

--J. Taylor--------------------Tutonda---

-------------Weston----Fonguck----------

-Vilhete----------Coulthirst------Akinola--

Subs: KML, Smith, Blackman, Bover, Akpa-Akpro, Mason-Clark, Mars, H. Taylor,

If Weston is not fit enough to start then I would select Akpro and rejig the midfield.

Hope we grab the three points, as our recent performances are starting to show glimmers of promise.
mcleod23

Re: Yeovil (Hive) The Must Win Match Thread

We must win on Saturday. Fail to do that, I feel it's curtains for Rossi. No win in 7 is awful form. Massive game for him and also the club.
Paul Pasqualoni

No JCR (daddy!) in your 17 Bee Forever?

2 wins in 21 games when Santos and Clough both start...
WinchyBee

I'd be very surprised if we see any changes to the first 11 from last night, I for one wouldn't want to change anything from the off.
ealingbee84

It's 8 isn't it, and 9 including cup. 3 points in the league from the last 8. Yeovil have won 2 of the last 5 so a beatable team. They have a leaky defence so if Coulthirst is on form should be good but they can score so the defence has to be tight. Team should be looking to beat them and Port Vale in next few league games.
mcleod23

We have to win this one, no if's no but's. Rossi needs to win it.
ninestein

Weston isn't ready yet, still a couple more weeks away, so expect the same starting XI to last night.
Rossi's post match interview did give a bit more away regarding injuries. Big John's about 3 weeks away from a return but has at least been out on the grass doing a limited amount of running. Brindley is due to start light training at that time too. Just think how big that would be if we have a proper RWB and can afford the luxury of unleashing Mauro in central midfield again.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
shankbee01

mcleod23 wrote:We must win on Saturday. Fail to do that, I feel it's curtains for Rossi. No win in 7 is awful form. Massive game for him and also the club.
You write that this is Rossi's last chance almost every other post and have been doing so for a while, It's incredibly boring. This forum isn't a Donald Trump speech, by repeating yourself constantly people won't just start believing you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BeeBoi1980

Seems in relation to the rest of the league we are slightly better in defence (joint 11th with our opponents from last night) than attack 15th.

2 point to note from this:

One is no surprise, we are missing our injured front men, and should see some sort of upturn in form when they return.

Two, looking at those stats, we really don't deserve to be where we are in the league.

Rossi seems to be managing the crisis reasonably well, and hopefully with one or two returning we can move up the table.
mcleod23

Shank - I’ve put it twice on this, wouldn’t really call it that overbearing? And a link to Donald Trump, interesting one that.

Sorry I dare to question Rossi’s ability after no win in 8.
LoudmouthBFC

Bee_Forever wrote:So.... after drawing 1-1 against the oiks from Mansfailed, thanks to poor finishing and a poorer ref, we find ourselves winless in 7 and in desperate need of 3 points to push up the league.

Enter Yeovil Town, a team so poor they took Akpa-Akpro on loan last season to boost their striking options. After the return of Coulthirst and, hopefully, the imminent return of Weston, things are looking good on the injury front, although there is still a giant Akinde shaped hole at the top end of the pitch. In terms of starting lineup, I am not convinced that Campbell-Ryce offers enough in the role behind the strikers so I would be inclined to select Weston in his place. My team:-

---------------------Ross-----------------

-----Santos-------Nelson------Clough---

--J. Taylor--------------------Tutonda---

-------------Weston----Fonguck----------

-Vilhete----------Coulthirst------Akinola--

Subs: KML, Smith, Blackman, Bover, Akpa-Akpro, Mason-Clark, Mars, H. Taylor,

If Weston is not fit enough to start then I would select Akpro and rejig the midfield.

Hope we grab the three points, as our recent performances are starting to show glimmers of promise.

J.Taylor RWB????
Bee_Forever

Did it at Yeovil last season to great effect. On reflection I think a 4-4-2 Would be handy with Weston still missing.

This does mean a return for Jamal stepover-twice

--------------------ross-----------------------

-santos-clough-nelson-tutonda-

-vilhete-j. Taylor--fonguck--JCR--

---------coulthirst--akinola-------------

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
#Beebot

I thought JLAA was more effective than JCR yesterday.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
Psycho

The teams below us are all away (bar Morecambe). They've all got tough games so a chance to get three points against Yeovil and move away from danger. If we get another bloody home draw - or worse then it's a real chance wasted. Huge game for Barnet and Rossi.
Letsbeehavinyou

Going to be blowing a gale on Saturday afternoon hopefully won't affect the football too much