Yeovil (Hive) The Must Win Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
To bee or not to bee

Re: Yeovil (Hive) The Must Win Match Thread

#Beebot wrote:I thought JLAA was more effective than JCR yesterday.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
Yes there was a new sense of urgency when Rossi made that change.
Bee_Forever

Paul Pasqualoni wrote:No JCR (daddy!) in your 17 Bee Forever?

2 wins in 21 games when Santos and Clough both start...
I think we have moved him central to save his legs, but all it has done is expose his technical deficiencies (can't shoot or take set pieces). For me his use should be limited to that of impact sub when everyone is back.

Re. Santos and Clough, stats don't look good on that front. Lends truth to the legend that we only win when Nelson plays.....
Itai-bee

JCR’s was a bit more direct at the start of the season.He’s gone back to holding on to the ball for too long and step overs.Jamal does keep the ball moving though and seems to be the link up play all over the pitch.
I still think he’s good for the first 60 mins until we find a replacement.
Maybe a little break from the first team would do him good.
PBBee

To bee or not to bee wrote:
#Beebot wrote:I thought JLAA was more effective than JCR yesterday.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
Yes there was a new sense of urgency when Rossi made that change.
I think JLAA is an impact sub, always seems to do ok off the bench but fails to impress when starting from the off.
PAC66

DanieleAccurso wrote:I would like to see a 3-4-3 however reckon Rossi will continue with the 3-5-2 formation so my team would be:

-----------------------ross--------------

----------santos------nelson------clough------

-vilhete------------------------------------Tutonda

--------------j. Taylor--fonguck--------------

---------------------Bover-------------------------

------------Coulthirst--------Akinola-------------

I reckon take JCR out, slowed the play down to much and if we get a set-piece, I feel Bover's the best to possibly resolve this. Vilhete at RWB gave us an outlet and allowed us to stretch the play so should remain at RWB. As JLAA done well from the bench, i'd see if that happens again on Saturday so he gets a place on the bench.
That's the team I would play as nearly everyone did well on Tuesday in what was a difficult game with some very strange refereeing decisions. So we should keep the formation and the majority who started.

Agree would also give Bover a chance at AM instead of JCR (assuming Weston still not fit). Last game I saw Bover start at AM he had a very good game vs Wimbledon and if on his game, we have seen in the past that he can play decent balls on the ground which would suit Coulthirst. Otherwise maybe JLAA or EMC who both looked useful when they came on Tuesday. Whilst JCR gets lots of possession, I think he needs to try not to be everywhere and do everything as he is often blocking off space which is frustrating our wider players - it was noticeable how much Mauro & Tutonda came into the game in Tuesday once he went off and they had more space to run in to. But on the plus side he does a lot of defensive work which we may miss with Bover.

Would also keep Akinola up front with Coulthirst in a 2 as he did very well Tuesday, in a difficult game where they had to work hard to get possession, without a lot of quality ball through to them - too many high balls. Unfortunately he got continually battered in the 2nd half (got no protection from the referee) and picked up a knock to his shoulder and drifted out of the game before being subbed.

Looking forward to this, after a good performance on Tuesday, I think a win on the cards.
BeeBoi1980

There was one point in the second half where JCR played the ball across first time, whipped not floated. If he did that more often it would be a real weapon. It really shouldn't be a surprise or noteworthy when he does this, but it was, he should be doing it far more regularly.
tpBEE

JCR also made a goal saving tackle after they countered from our corner, sprinting back to block the shot. Just highlighitng his defensive and recovery workrate.

I always felt he was wasted on the left last season as he always cut inside to cross a nothing floated ball (i.e. his set piece deliveries on Tuesday), so being in the number 10 seemed to make sense (or maybe on the right to get to the line and drive a cross in). But people are right when they say he tried to be in too many places at once. He should be sticking to his central position linking up play, let Tutonda and Vilhete do the wing work. Otherwise it's a lot of unnecessary running for no reward
mcleod23

Great spot tpBee, he did, forgot that from Tuesday night. He certainly does enough running, I suppose where we all want him to improve is doing more in the final third with goals and assists. Can look pretty in the centre circle but need that vision and cutting edge around the box.
ninestein

Tuesday's game against Mansfield gave the impression that the side is showing signs of a recovery. Shaq returning is a massive boost. I didn't think he'd get 90 mins under his belt but to do that and score late on bodes well for his fitness.

This is a great opportunity to get a hard fought win. I predict a close game, but our opponents do concede goals so we should look to go after them from the off and get our noses in front.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Psycho

Harry Redknapp is helping Yeovil out at the moment. He should be at the Hive on Saturday.

"T'riffic bunch o lads at Yovil. We noo Barnet were daaaaarrrrrnnn to the bare bones but ya gotta battle for the 'ole 90 minutes"
jamiefrbees

Campbell-Ryce was absolutely everywhere a month or so ago when playing in the middle and in red hot form, can't agree it's to do with saving his legs. At times he appeared the fittest player on the pitch.

He may well be suffering now though as a result.
ninestein

When JCR plays more centrally, he can use his skill to beat a man and open the game up for us. Jack also has the ability to do the same. We just need to keep the ball moving quickly. When we slow the game down too much our opponents have it easy.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
MCB

I didn't it was BOGOF for tomorrow - thought it was buy one for Mansfield, get one for Yeovil free - so just in case you didn't either
Psycho

We'll piss this tinpot game.

Forecast looks good for tomorrow.
barnetboy1

Seeing as how we are unable to score until the 70th/80th minute recently I suggest we start with the finishing XI from the last few games!