Wesley and Jack

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
WinchyBee

Re: Wesley and Jack

Mr Smart wrote:
#Beebot wrote:
mcleod23 wrote:Wes was good last night. Jack I think has been poor all season bar the Luton goal. Playing far too deep to be that creative link.
It's his job to play deep. He's not a creator. That was JCR's role yesterday and he didn't do a great job of it.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
Jack isn't really a creator. He's more in the Pirlo mound of dictating play from deep to get the ball into players in the final 3rd. Essentially the pass before the assist.
Spot on
Tuesds

I don't subscribe to the Pirlo theory for Jack Taylor. He dropped deep vs Stevenage and it was a complete waste of time, with the Barnet player most likely to pick the killer pass on the edge of a crowded Boro box stranded 30 yards further back, stood alongside the centre halves!

Taylor has an innate, rare ability to glide past defenders, and to play a telling pass afterwards. You can't try to glide past anyone when 7 or 8 of your team mates are in front of you, because it's just too risky. While I probably just about agree that Weston should return in the advanced midfield position (if we're playing three in the middle), I do think we have to find a way of getting Jack Taylor on the ball in more advanced positions.

Have a look at the highlights of our 0-0 vs Newport last season. This was a tight game against a well-organised, defensive team who came for a point. Yet look at the damage Taylor does, firing off shots, playing incisive passes in behind the back four, taking players on and going past them. He wasn't playing in an advanced role in this game, but he was getting on the ball in some more advanced areas and was going at them. We could do with seeing that again.

https://youtu.be/DZw1T69XZTY
Itai-bee

Tuesds wrote:I don't subscribe to the Pirlo theory for Jack Taylor. He dropped deep vs Stevenage and it was a complete waste of time, with the Barnet player most likely to pick the killer pass on the edge of a crowded Boro box stranded 30 yards further back, stood alongside the centre halves!

Taylor has an innate, rare ability to glide past defenders, and to play a telling pass afterwards. You can't try to glide past anyone when 7 or 8 of your team mates are in front of you, because it's just too risky. While I probably just about agree that Weston should return in the advanced midfield position (if we're playing three in the middle), I do think we have to find a way of getting Jack Taylor on the ball in more advanced positions.

Have a look at the highlights of our 0-0 vs Newport last season. This was a tight game against a well-organised, defensive team who came for a point. Yet look at the damage Taylor does, firing off shots, playing incisive passes in behind the back four, taking players on and going past them. He wasn't playing in an advanced role in this game, but he was getting on the ball in some more advanced areas and was going at them. We could do with seeing that again.

Agreed
In Jack and Wesley we have two very good players for the future.
Once we get the balance right in midfield. I think Taylor will shine.
I also don’t see Jack as a Pirlo type player.
I see him more a Gerrard type player. His positional play, range of passing and running with the ball is excellent.
Jack also seems the type of player that with more experience, will take on the responsibility of driving the team forward. I think he just needs time and better protection around him to allow this to happen.
Itai-bee

Tuesds wrote:I don't subscribe to the Pirlo theory for Jack Taylor. He dropped deep vs Stevenage and it was a complete waste of time, with the Barnet player most likely to pick the killer pass on the edge of a crowded Boro box stranded 30 yards further back, stood alongside the centre halves!

Agreed
In Jack and Wesley we have two very good players for the future.
Once we get the balance right in midfield. I think Taylor will shine.
I also don’t see Jack as a Pirlo type player.
I see him more a Gerrard type player. His positional play, range of passing and running with the ball is excellent.
Jack also seems the type of player that with more experience, will take on the responsibility of driving the team forward. I think he just needs time and better protection around him to allow this to happen.
barnetpete

The weight of Jack's pass to Shaq a few weeks back in a game was perfect. I love watching him and he really has the chance to develop and go far.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,