It can be done

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Norfolkbee

It can be done

Newport County have just signed ex-Wycombe Wanderers striker Paul Hayes after picking him up via social media. I'm sure there are plenty of other players out there waiting to be messaged. Could be the answer to Barnet's DM problems, if the will is there? It is obviously a 21st century way of doing things.
Psycho

Re: It can be done

I've noticed Grimsby and Yeovil signing players on loan in the last few days on BBC Sport.

Paul Hayes is a decent striker who's scored a few goals in his career. Fair play to Newport for the massive turnaround in their fortunes. From relegation certainties in January to play-off contenders this season.
Norfolkbee

Psycho wrote:I've noticed Grimsby and Yeovil signing players on loan in the last few days on BBC Sport.

Paul Hayes is a decent striker who's scored a few goals in his career. Fair play to Newport for the massive turnaround in their fortunes. From relegation certainties in January to play-off contenders this season.
I wonder if Jonathan Douglas is on Twitter? :laugh:
rudebwoyben

According to Wycombe fans Paul Hayes is now physically incapable of playing a full 90 minutes at this level, which explains why he was released by them.
Norfolkbee

rudebwoyben wrote:According to Wycombe fans Paul Hayes is now physically incapable of playing a full 90 minutes at this level, which explains why he was released by them.
I wasn't specifically referring to Paul Hayes, merely free agents, who could be available at the proverbial click of a mouse. As for Newport's turnaround, let's hope Barnet can do the same next season.
Last edited by Norfolkbee on 17 Oct 2017, 18:59, edited 1 time in total.
BEEGONE

rudebwoyben wrote:According to Wycombe fans Paul Hayes is now physically incapable of playing a full 90 minutes at this level, which explains why he was released by them.
It feels like we have a whole squad incapable of playing 90 mins.
rudebwoyben

BEEGONE wrote:
:laugh:
Comedy is definitely the best way of dealing with a dire situation.
hoofer2

BEEGONE wrote:
Except Nelson who MA said could only play less than 50% of matches
mcleod23

Plenty out there still but the club think the midfield is sufficient. It’s the worst area we have yet done nothing about it. Cannot rely on youth players to play each week.

Plymouth picked up Tommy Diag...(No idea on his spelling). He’s exactly what we need! We’ve said this all season though, what’s going to change now?
RichardM

mcleod23 wrote:Plenty out there still but the club think the midfield is sufficient. It’s the worst area we have yet done nothing about it. Cannot rely on youth players to play each week.

Plymouth picked up Tommy Diag...(No idea on his spelling). He’s exactly what we need! We’ve said this all season though, what’s going to change now?
Give us some names of those out there who you think could do a job for us in the midfield area.
Norfolkbee

RichardM wrote:
mcleod23 wrote:Plenty out there still but the club think the midfield is sufficient. It’s the worst area we have yet done nothing about it. Cannot rely on youth players to play each week.

Give us some names of those out there who you think could do a job for us in the midfield area.
I think a lot of those who thought we didn't need a DM have now changed their minds. Things were ok with the style of flowing football that was played early in the season, but, as we all know, things have changed drastically and it is now time to scrap. That is precisely why a strong sitting DM is now vital.
John Hunt

I remember a Wycombe player signing for them after answering a plea on Ceefax or something when they had that cup run with the special one as their manager. Roy Essandoh or something like that.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
mcleod23

Roy Essandoh! Played and scored for us didn't he!? LDV game I think.

As for players out there:
Jonathan Douglas
Guy Moussi
Jonathan Smith (we were too slow to move for him so signed for someone else)
Danny Guthrie

There will be more. As we have shown in the past, Aaron Mclean and JCR came late as free agents. Same applies here.
RichardM

Norfolkbee wrote:
RichardM wrote:

I think a lot of those who thought we didn't need a DM have now changed their minds. Things were ok with the style of flowing football that was played early in the season, but, as we all know, things have changed drastically and it is now time to scrap. That is precisely why a strong sitting DM is now vital.
Give us some names of players who are available then.
Norfolkbee

I have not got all afternoon to trawl the web, but Jonathan Douglas has been mentioned several times - and not just by me. Obviously, as with any player, you have to look at fitness after a lay-off, but most will keep in trim if they are seriously seeking a club - maybe he is not. I know people talk about wage demands, but these come down with time. Spending a few bob now is preferable to the cost of relegation.
By the way, what happened to Guy Moussi? He seemed to be a serious option a few weeks back.