It can be done

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
StephenM

Re: It can be done

Why are all these free agents not phoning around all the clubs, surely it's them who should be doing the work here. I know most people when out of work don't sit around at home hoping someone from their industry happens to follow them on Twitter.
becbee

StephenM wrote:Why are all these free agents not phoning around all the clubs, surely it's them who should be doing the work here. I know most people when out of work don't sit around at home hoping someone from their industry happens to follow them on Twitter.
Precisely. At very least if these free agents are serious about wanting a new club they should be training with their local non-league side and perhaps turning out for them on non-contract terms.

The reality is that these players have been free agents for a minimum of 7 weeks, nobody else has signed them. Some would probably take our money if we offered it to them but that hardly means they'd be worth having.
Norfolkbee

StephenM wrote:Why are all these free agents not phoning around all the clubs, surely it's them who should be doing the work here. I know most people when out of work don't sit around at home hoping someone from their industry happens to follow them on Twitter.
To be fair, Barnet have had a few trialists recently, including Moussi, apparently, so these must've put themselves out there in some way. Other clubs have been picking up free agents.
John Hunt

Ay Ay Ay love Moussi
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
Norfolkbee

becbee wrote:
Precisely. At very least if these free agents are serious about wanting a new club they should be training with their local non-league side and perhaps turning out for them on non-contract terms.

The reality is that these players have been free agents for a minimum of 7 weeks, nobody else has signed them. Some would probably take our money if we offered it to them but that hardly means they'd be worth having.
That is a pretty blanket assumption to make, but surely no club would sign someone without a fitness check and trial. If a free agent turns up three stone overweight you send him on his way, but if he is as fit as the proverbial butcher's dog, then you take it further. You don't just write everybody off.
BEEGONE

League Two club Port Vale have signed midfielder Chris Regis on a contract to the end of the season.

The 20-year-old played for Arsenal and Southampton at Under-18 level, and had a spell at Colchester last term without making a first-team appearance.

He joins a Vale side currently 22nd in the table, having won only four of their 16 games.

Regis was named in the starting line-up for Tuesday's EFL Trophy group game against Crewe Alexandra.

:hi:
Norfolkbee

It's all about contacts and the will being there to do it. I'm beginning to doubt those running things at Barnet have either. Sometimes Rossi's body language seems to indicate he's thrown the towel in. He certainly looks to be a man floundering at the deep end. I think the Colchester game will be the defining point on whether or not he stays in charge.
Tuesds

Meanwhile, as it’s where this thread started, we ought to note for the record that Newport’s out-of-window signing of Paul Hayes has gone rather pear-shaped, as he won’t be able to play until January due to a problem with his registration. Here’s the story, although it doesn’t explain exactly what the problem is:

Paul Hayes: Newport County suffer ex-Wycombe striker registration blow
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41641234
Norfolkbee

Tuesds wrote:Meanwhile, as it’s where this thread started, we ought to note for the record that Newport’s out-of-window signing of Paul Hayes has gone rather pear-shaped, as he won’t be able to play until January due to a problem with his registration. Here’s the story, although it doesn’t explain exactly what the problem is:

Paul Hayes: Newport County suffer ex-Wycombe striker registration blow
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41641234
I suspect it had to do with the actual date that his WW contract was cancelled. That probably happened post August 31st. It is all rather silly these days because it stops professional people earning a living. It would be termed "restraint of trade" in any other walk of life. I expect somebody will challenge it in court before long.
alexbach

Paul Flynn needs credit as the most successful Welsh manager of the last twelve months.
Helped to a degree by the new pitch at Dave Parade
Paul Clement's not well loved in this Valley whilst Colin has not built on an impressive start in the crazy Championship